forum

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hallowa
pandaBee
okay
ManuelOsuPlayer
You use ears to play high ar before use the eyes. AR10 listen the music it's the same reaction time than ar9 without. Dosn't matter the order you use your fingers. You're reacting instead listening and reading. You can tap how you want if you do it following the rhythm.
HeyImNik
This doesn't apply to players who can alternate easily with both fingers, right?
Cause I alternate from 1 finger to another or use single taps when i feel its more comfortable.
My buttons are set to S and D, Middle finger presses the S button, index finger presses the D button (left hand). I NEVER single tap when it comes to first time sight reading a beatmap, especially when i don't have time to decide whether I want to single tap or alternate if i see triple or a stream coming in fast. But i always do have time to sight read fast enough to calculate the more-or-less speed i should tap DSD or SDS, depending on which finger i am single tapping. if S is single tapping the beatmap, then it is SDS, if D does the single tapping, then i do DSD.
It is quite an easy mentality, cause when the mind is set on 1 key which i single tap, then automatically i am already conscious that when a triple or stream comes, ill be tapping the correct alternation :P (sorry for bad english).
Ninonuko
Well I'm always start double with index finger and I do singletap with middle finger, but only for double... not every even numbered 1/4, I don't have any problem to start stream with both finger but when double appears I'm just naturally start it with index finger.

The problem you said above is because you can't process thing fast enough, your reading is still too slow for ar10 and also circle size might be your problem too, it's way harder to pay attention to cs>5, I'm using thick combo number to make it easier to pay attention on.

I'm same like you, I'm used to not being able to read whatever that's not singletap with hr. Now I can barely play with hr, this was happened not long after I spammed 7.2* Uta, hr feels way slower to the point I could read it, you can see a few new hr score on my top play.
Well, I'm only play hr and I could barely read it, I might be not qualified to talk about hr yet.
broken grammar I know
My Angel Jeremy

pandaBee wrote:

okay
Aegyo
I think you just too slow for AR10. Gitfast
play AR11
pandaBee
Topic Starter
Hallowa
Topic Starter
Hallowa
Anemic Witch
I feel the exact opposite: ability to start any streams with any fingers helped me greatly with maps like Tower of Heaven or some old DJPop maps.
Aegyo
Just learn full alt problem solved. You're overthinking a very simple problem
pandaBee
Full alt masterrace reporting in
Topic Starter
Hallowa
Akanagi

pandaBee wrote:

Full alt masterrace
These don't go together. Alternating is for turtles.
Also: Screw even numbered bursts. Especially 4 and 6.
pandaBee
Turtle beat the hare. I've never seen or at least I can't remember a 6 burst. Do they even exist
Akanagi

pandaBee wrote:

Turtle beat the hare. I've never seen or at least I can't remember a 6 burst. Do they even exist

Atleast one in here https://osu.ppy.sh/b/751969&m=0 and I think there was one or two in https://osu.ppy.sh/b/58063&m=0 and https://osu.ppy.sh/b/24695&m=0

Especially if you have to alternate a lot between 1/4 and 1/2 and some sliders = rip
ManuelOsuPlayer

pandaBee wrote:

Freedom dive it's a burst map. Not a stream map. xD
chainpullz

Master_chan wrote:

I feel the exact opposite: ability to start any streams with any fingers helped me greatly with maps like Tower of Heaven or some old DJPop maps.
This tbh. If you fingerlock and are only comfortable starting things with your single tap finger you're gonna struggle with technical rhythm maps. Not all rhythms have an odd number of notes allowing you to always start everything on your dominant finger.

At the end of the day the most effective playstyle isn't single tapping, alternating, doing consecutive triples zxzzxz vs zxzxzx etc. It's to be able to flexibly hit any note with any finger without a second thought.
N0thingSpecial

pandaBee wrote:

okay