forum

Table Too Grippy For Osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bebx
I've got a very specific problem here. Kind of wondering if it belongs here, but eh. My table is made of wood, and it's too grippy for Osu. Just resting my arm on the table and moving my mouse causes my arm to get stuck, and while this isn't a problem for left to right as my skin tends to sort itself out, it is a problem for up and down, as I have to use a lot of effort to move back up after moving down just because of how grippy the table is. Any fixes for "Grippy-wooden-table-causing-arm-to-get-stuck-itus?"

If this is the wrong section for this, then I am sorry. It's semi-Osu related, right? But yeah, I will happily move this to another section if need be.
- Zuramaru -
Unless temperature is an issue, you could try wearing a long sleeve shirt or sweater while playing, or buy or maybe by an extra large mouse pad like this (Just an example. There may be larger ones out there...)

Or you can reduce your tablet area/increase mouse sensitivity so you'll end up using your wrist primarily instead of your arm to move the cursor, although getting used to a new area/sensitivity could take awhile to get used to.
Death
Moved to Gameplay & Rankings
Topic Starter
bebx

Krypto wrote:

Unless temperature is an issue, you could try wearing a long sleeve shirt or sweater while playing, or buy or maybe by an extra large mouse pad like this (Just an example. There may be larger ones out there...)
Yeah, temperature is a pretty big thing, it's summer here and I've only got a table heater to keep me cold. I put it on fan mode, don't worry! Anyways, I could try something with the long sleeved shirt idea, I'll see if I can find a long-sleeve shirt that won't suffocate my skin.

It would be nice if there was a way to make my table slide easier without just buying a plastic table, but meh.
ManuelOsuPlayer
Clean your table every 10H playing.
Frikandel
This has been one of my worst enemies since the dawn of time as well. The only fix that works for me is wearing something with long sleaves. Which is ok now because it's winter. But in the summer I want to get one of those gargantuan mousepads that cover most of the desk. That way I can rest my arm on there and hopefully get rid of the stickyness.