Total Posts
show more
Whamo

Rythmic wrote:

Im stuck at it saying
"Verifying "osu!""

right click then press open. it will remove the message
BubblyBryan
Anyone know where we can go to help contribute to this project?
iceflower700
I was able to get it to work on high Sierra as early as summer of 2017
I think you had to download 2 things, run osu in those 2 things, then delete those 2 things before running osu again

However, doing that had tons of bugs, so thanks a ton for this. Its much better than before and I will even claim that osu is basically now officially for Mac with this update
jacksonisiah

BubblyBryan wrote:

Anyone know where we can go to help contribute to this project?

https://github.com/ppy/osu-wine
TheBlueKingLP
please help,it says "wine: cannot find L"unix\\Applications\\osu!.app\\Contents\\Resources\\drive_c\\osu!\\osu!.exe"
" in the test run log
Sw33tS0urC4ndy
It does not open to me...
help me
SpookyBooky
How do I use a skin on this?
Yolodude25
Hey! Thanks for this program. I have a question. When it does come out, will you update this to osu!lazer?
Topic Starter
Technocoder

Yolodude25 wrote:

Hey! Thanks for this program. I have a question. When it does come out, will you update this to osu!lazer?

osu!Lazer will run natively on OSX and will not require a Wineskin package.
hatsunemiku4764
hey man! this isn't too urgent, since I haven't been playing much recently, but I've encountered a problem trying to get any beat maps, trying to open it with osu! but it just says name error whenever i try to open it, am i doing something wrong?

thanks!
Volzkinn
its telling me i need bancho or i need to connect to bancho, how does one do that?
homezee
I'm on HighSierra(10.13) and when I download open the application and verifies the app, and click open after the warning on an unknown developer, nothing happens and I have no idea why. Does anyone know how to fix this?
JustsomeGoy
Sorry to post so late but I seem to have found a new problem. The Beatmaps I add, aswell as the default beatmaps vanquish from the Menu after I play one or restart Osu.
CARV350

Technocoder wrote:

Here's an unofficial update to the osu! OSX package. This is a direct replacement for the official osu! Wineskin package that can be found here: http://osuosx.tumblr.com

It has several improvements and fixes several issues (in comparison to the official Wineskin package) including (but not exhaustive):
  1. Fixes game not launching on High Sierra
  2. Reduces input lag
  3. Reduces frame drops
  4. Increases FPS
  5. Removes the need for XQuartz
  6. Prevents f.lux temporarily disabling when switching windows
  7. Smoother opening of beatmaps
  8. Fixes erratic unfocusing of cursor when using keyboard to tap due to Location Services
  9. Allows swiping to switch between windows
  10. Fixes black screen issue with dual or more monitor setups
  11. Fixes minimising of osu! when focus changes

Results may vary
Download link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vBZM3IWhq2_bAGuJ812-KixeBErC1XkP/view?usp=sharing

If you're uncomfortable with using a file downloaded from a complete stranger (and you should be) you can follow my guide here to obtain (mostly) the same Wineskin package.
[Guide] Fixing Mac Issues: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/679205

How to install

Steps
  1. First you'll need to save your osu! data so you can transfer it over later. See my guide here on How to do a data backup (apply it on the old osu! app): https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/679205
  2. Download the package from the previously shown download link
  3. Extract the .zip file
  4. Move the osu! application out of the Downloads folder otherwise it will not start properly
  5. Run (double click) on the osu! app. The osu! updater should run and start osu! after a while
  6. Close osu!
  7. See my guide here on How to restore a data backup (apply it on the downloaded osu! app): https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/679205

Now you can move the downloaded osu! application anywhere you want and it should work fine.

If you are having issues after you see the osu! logo/updater please include the osu! updater logs found in osu! > Logs.

If you are having issues before you see the osu! logo/updater please include the Wineskin test run logs found after running a test run. (osu! > Open Package Contents > Wineskin > Advanced > Test Run)

Troubleshooting

For those that are unable to open the osu!.exe file, such as nothing popping up, try moving the zip file (NOTE: Not the application, but the zip file containing the application) to another location, such as your Desktop or the Documents folder. Then, right click the application and select "Open". While this may seem redundant, this has a different effect to directly double clicking the file.

To update the osu!.exe contained within the wrapper, right click the wrapper and select: Show Package Contents, then Contents > Resources > drive_c > osu! folder.
Download the latest osu!.exe for Windows from the osu! website and then replace the osu!.exe in the folder with the downloaded one.

Please note that if I do not reply to your post, I either do not know how to fix your problem or you haven't provided enough information. I'm just a 15 year old enthusiastic about osu!

I feel like I just found the solution. This is all thanks to "JVGamer 14" who just provided us the link."https://youtu.be/RDjWNWM3Y7w". It worked for me.Just follow the steps in this video then you should be able to open osu! after you did all the procedures. The osu updater will run then soon it will close itself, open itself again automatically and it should work fine.
CARV350
I feel like I just found the solution. This is all thanks to "JVGamer 14" who just provided us the link."https://youtu.be/RDjWNWM3Y7w". It worked for me.Right click osu!>Show Package Contents>Open wineskin then just follow the steps in this video then you should be able to open osu! after you did all the procedures. The osu updater will run then soon it will close itself, open itself again automatically and it should work fine.If it did not work,they you can delete osu! then reopen it again from the zip.Just make sure you have not deleted the zip file yet.Extract the osu! file then open osu!,it will open the updater again then it should be able to open the game.

Edit:
-I just noticed that sometimes the window thing will not work properly which means you cannot insert skins nor beatmaps. The first time opening osu! will be in fullscreen.To be able to make window mode properly you need to go to osu! options>graphics then disable fullscreen mode first,then put it to 800x600 resolution.If you put its resolution to 800x600 first before disabling fullscreen then you have to redo this procedure again. If the window setting did not work but actually is in a window size look then leave it at that rate then exit osu!.Reopen osu! again then it should be in window mode properly. There you can insert skins and beatmaps
Launchpad

Yas20128 wrote:

Hey,

Thank you so much for making this, it works awesomely, apart from a few bugs already mentioned by other comments. I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but the game is not being detected by discord's rich presence. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both discord and osu!, and it still doesn't work. Other games such as League of Legends work like a charm, so I'm just wondering if it's actually possible for discord integration to work on this app?

Thanks!

just found this from a friend on discord: https://github.com/goeo-/discord-rpc/releases

download the xnu-discord-rpc.dll, rename to discord-rpc.dll, then move it inside of the osu folder in osu!.app

restart your client or run the updater (by going to the main menu, for some reason it always runs the updater when you go to main menu) and it'll just work

Zevulun13
Hey, a while back i had osu! on my macbook and it was fine then of course one day after an update it stopped blah blah blah, same problem everyone else had. Then i found your osu! for Mac OSX High Sierra and i downloaded it and everything was fine. Then, i tried opening osu! one day and it either wouldn't open or i could hear the game but the screen was either black or white. I deleted it and reinstalled it and it stuck loading halfway saying "Verifying 'osu!'" and it the loading bar wont move an inch. I dont know what to do about it.
_fluffyy
I accidentally enabled Compatibility Mode and now osu! won't launch! Do you know how to fix this? I also totally backed up my account and totally know how to do it
Blazet25
Oh my god Technocoder you will never know how thankful I am for you giving this beautiful guide and help me restore my osu files and play the game on high Sierra. You will forever have my gratitude.
Just an insight on how my osu stopped working, there's an option called compatibility mode on options, and as soon as I pressed it, the game quit and reopened, however, it said that an error occurred and it had to be updated. I updated it and the same an error occurred and it had to be updated prompt kept happening, this leads me to delete all my osu files (while saving everything in the osu folder of course) and go on a 3-hour long journey on how to download it and get it working again.
Your help is very much appreciated, thank you.
KevZhi
Oops.. After macOS 10.14 beta 4 it won't run anymore with only wine icon on dock and display nothing but a small portrait Line (same big as the typing cursor)in the upper left corner.and unable to Catch any logs.
Now I'm using osu!lazer
Anyway, thanks a lot
AGRX

KevZhi wrote:

Oops.. After macOS 10.14 beta 4 it won't run anymore with only wine icon on dock and display nothing but a small portrait Line (same big as the typing cursor)in the upper left corner.and unable to Catch any logs.
Now I'm using osu!lazer
Anyway, thanks a lot
Whats performance of osu!lazer on your machine?
Mic238

KevZhi wrote:

Now I'm using osu!lazer
Anyway, thanks a lot

That's the problem of PB4, update to PB5/6 would bring it back.
Neluntix
When I start it up, It nothing happens. That's it. No idea why, and the same thing happens with official releases. I'm on the latest version if that helps. (Latest version of macOS)
Mic238

Neluntix wrote:

When I start it up, It nothing happens. That's it. No idea why, and the same thing happens with official releases. I'm on the latest version if that helps. (Latest version of macOS)

Wine package will not run if you directly download from safari since 10.13.4, this is a system security measurement. You'll need to use git clone.
OurGreaterAnimu
Okay I don't know if this happens to others but my normal arrow appeals in game(when playing) its really annoying because it confuses me in game. Is there any way to fix this?
Koeltri

OurGreaterAnimu wrote:

Okay I don't know if this happens to others but my normal arrow appeals in game(when playing) its really annoying because it confuses me in game. Is there any way to fix this?

Whenever that happens to me I move the pointer to the border of the screen and shake it a bit. That usually fixes it for me.
Lexii
I downloaded the version and then clicked the game, but nothing pops up. The app just never opens. Are there any other steps I gotta follow?
Lexii
Never mind, I forgot to drag it into the application folder. Works fine!
Kuzuha
Universia
Nothing happens when I open Osu, so I was just wondering if anyone here knows how to deal with this.
_fluffyy

Universia wrote:

Nothing happens when I open Osu, so I was just wondering if anyone here knows how to deal with this.

open spotlight search and type "disk utility." then, select your hard drive (most likely "macintosh hd"). click "first aid" at the top, but make sure you don't put a heavy load on it, as this could slow down the computer. if it spits out some errors, that's fine. after the errors, you should get an "exit code" if it's 0, try reopening osu!. if it's 8, immediately backup your computer and see an apple store employee.
Adamimooooo
The application isn't opening for me, and when I try to move it into trash it says that its open, help?
Lv99Pikachu
Whenever I play this beatmap: https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/219380/#osu/724015
my game crashes.

After I played any other map, throughout the song everything was just fine until the very end as I was getting my score, the game crashes.

When I say "the game crashes" I mean the application doesn't close. It's just frozen for eternity, so I have to Force Quit OSU.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there any fix for this?

I tried redownloading the Beatmap but that didn't help. It crashes on every song I try to play.

EDITED: Nvm.. I found out it was just the skin that I was using that was crashing my game. (The skin I was using was BeastTrollMC's skin)
fufu_07
Hi so yesterday I accidentally clicked the compatibility mode and so I deleted and tried reinstalling and osu wouldn't open. So i resorted to using the stable fallback version. plz help I would like to use the most up to date version

Edit: im on high sierra 10.13
TMrex
I can run it but every time I play a map my computer starts overheating a lot even though I'm on stable, is there anyway to fix this?
amae koromo
thanks ive been trying for an hour and i was surprised to see this work
Blood_Craver
Has anyone gotten this to work on macOS Mojave?
Topic Starter
Technocoder

Blood_Craver wrote:

Has anyone gotten this to work on macOS Mojave?

Works fine for me on macOS Mojave
Sw33tS0urC4ndy
I accidentally turned on the Shaders and the screen turned black. If someone knows how to fix this, please let me know
Mae Renova
After MacOS Mojave, pop-ups like the timing window and song setup don't come up anymore, just the top bar with the colored buttons for minimizing, exiting and maximizing. This concerns of course only the editor as far as I know
show more