Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Technocoder

JAVP_Ninj4ish wrote:

doesnt work. osu does not open
Run my troubleshooting tool: community/forums/topics/1036678
fIaneur
I'm a completely new player, and had no issues with installing osu!, I only needed to download the troubleshooter. It works great. Appreciate the hard work and hours you spent creating this. <3

EDIT: Hey, when i try to add beatmaps, it says 'please do not try to add beatmaps manually.' Any idea how to fix, or am i stuck with this these songs?
Topic Starter
Technocoder

3nd m3 p1z wrote:

EDIT: Hey, when i try to add beatmaps, it says 'please do not try to add beatmaps manually.' Any idea how to fix, or am i stuck with this these songs?
Is this a message you're seeing in game? How are you adding your beatmaps to osu!? The method that I've always found worked best is to drag the beatmap file into the Songs folder and then press F5 while you're in game to load the new beatmaps.
DoubleFeels
Thanks for all the work you've put in for the Mac users!

I've been using your build for the past year, it's been smooth sailing until around a week ago. Just some sudden frame drops, typically during the beginning of songs and after pass/fail screens.

I was able to mitigate this by turning off fullscreen mode, and changing my frame limiter to unlimited.

Could I ask if this is a certain settings choice that works better for Mac, and if you have any other suggestions to reduce dropped frames?
x6aaron
If i run
sudo xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine 'osu!.app'
Password:
after entering password:
xattr: No such file: osu!.app

I unpacked the zip before but it dont find it?
What did i do wrong?
Tomukas10
When i open osu everything seems to be running fine except for a bit of fps drops and the worst problem of all would be the weird and distorted music instead of normal sounds a distorted version is played, any way to fix this?
Paydru

Tomukas10 wrote:

When i open osu everything seems to be running fine except for a bit of fps drops and the worst problem of all would be the weird and distorted music instead of normal sounds a distorted version is played, any way to fix this?
go to option, audio and click audio compatibility mode. whenever u open osu another day, its gonna be distorted so just disable and enable it every time u open osu.
Topic Starter
Technocoder
"DoubleFeels"

DoubleFeels wrote:

Thanks for all the work you've put in for the Mac users!

I've been using your build for the past year, it's been smooth sailing until around a week ago. Just some sudden frame drops, typically during the beginning of songs and after pass/fail screens.

I was able to mitigate this by turning off fullscreen mode, and changing my frame limiter to unlimited.

Could I ask if this is a certain settings choice that works better for Mac, and if you have any other suggestions to reduce dropped frames?
Turning off fullscreen mode is something I typically recommend as it makes window switching easier. Changing the frame limiter to unlimited isn't something that I would expect helps frame drops but if it works for you then it doesn't really matter.

If you were getting frame drops after pass/fail screens then changing your skin to something less graphically intensive may be an option.

"aaron652"

aaron652 wrote:

If i run
sudo xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine 'osu!.app'
Password:
after entering password:
xattr: No such file: osu!.app

I unpacked the zip before but it dont find it?
What did i do wrong?
You need to move the osu! application to the Desktop and ensure that you've ran the command: cd Desktop. Alternatively, run my troubleshooter: community/forums/topics/1036678
Sceptre987
Just found this forum on the osu catalina problem. Does anyone have a semi working version of osu? I appreciate the help
Topic Starter
Technocoder

Sceptre987 wrote:

Just found this forum on the osu catalina problem. Does anyone have a semi working version of osu? I appreciate the help
Did you... read the post? community/forums/posts/7367239. If you're asking if someone has managed to get it working on Catalina, I certainly have.
Xent-03

Technocoder wrote:

This is an experimental build for osu! on macOS Catalina.
Download link: https://mega.nz/#!1wUhSK5b!UOh3p73XnupbZktFgsljieoIdf_L1PkxDFwjBvflNGM
After extraction follow the steps under osu! or Wineskin will not open! from my guide. Ignore any "Operation not permitted" errors.

For the moment, System Integrity Protection must also be disabled. You can check if it is enabled:
Steps
  1. Open Terminal
  2. Type csrutil status and press enter
  3. Check if it says it is enabled
If it is enabled, you can follow these steps from official Apple documentation to disable it: https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/Security/Conceptual/System_Integrity_Protection_Guide/ConfiguringSystemIntegrityProtection/ConfiguringSystemIntegrityProtection.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40016462-CH5-SW1

One person has confirmed that the Wineskin does work on Catalina with no apparent issues as long System Integrity Protection is disabled.

Technical Build Information:
This build augments Peppy's (@peppy) July 2019 build with the newer Crossover 19.0.1 build designed to run on macOS Catalina from the Unofficial Wineskin releases: https://github.com/Gcenx/WineskinServer/releases/tag/V1.8.4
The (extracted) application size has increased to 2.56 gigabytes which suggests that it may be more space efficient to rebuild the Wineskin from scratch.
the method is working but some minor issues, like compatibility mode is not working. but overall, it runs smoothly, sometimes it buffers and idk why.
thanks for this
Adome1000
I dont want to go looking through all these comments to try and figure if its possible to import beatmap packs?
so if anyone could tell me that would be nice
Syastro
my osu is fine on everything except when the game is on fullscreen and i cant switch desktop to desktop with the gesture on the trackpad, so i have to turn off fullscreen manually on the settings. which is difficult to download maps while your in a multiplayer lobby and keep everyone waiting because of it. can someone help me here?
Topic Starter
Technocoder

Adome1000 wrote:

I dont want to go looking through all these comments to try and figure if its possible to import beatmap packs?
so if anyone could tell me that would be nice
Extract the beatmap pack file and then move all of the beatmaps into the Songs folder. Then press F5 while you're in game.

Syastro wrote:

my osu is fine on everything except when the game is on fullscreen and i cant switch desktop to desktop with the gesture on the trackpad, so i have to turn off fullscreen manually on the settings. which is difficult to download maps while your in a multiplayer lobby and keep everyone waiting because of it. can someone help me here?
You can use the alt+tab hotkey to switch between windows (such as your browser). Alternatively, keep fullscreen mode off.
happysoloxy
I'm currently running osu! on mac OS Catalina, and the game works just fine after I disabled the SIP. But for some reasons, I'm unable to import any of the beatmaps or skins into the game after downloading them. I removed all of the non-alphabetical characters in the .osz file. When I tried to import them again, the system just shows "There is no Windows program configured to open this type of file" even when I tried to open it with osu!. Are there any ways to fix this problem?
Topic Starter
Technocoder
You cannot drag the beatmap directly onto the osu! icon. The easiest way to import them is to keep the Songs folder open (Show Package Contents > drive_c > osu! > Songs) and then drag the beatmap in directly. Then press F5 while you're ingame to reload. Alternatively, my agent: community/forums/topics/1036678 has a feature which automatically drags in downloaded beatmaps for you. Or, you can drag the beatmap onto the window (but this is a bit more difficult).
happysoloxy

Technocoder wrote:

You cannot drag the beatmap directly onto the osu! icon. The easiest way to import them is to keep the Songs folder open (Show Package Contents > drive_c > osu! > Songs) and then drag the beatmap in directly. Then press F5 while you're ingame to reload. Alternatively, my agent: community/forums/topics/1036678 has a feature which automatically drags in downloaded beatmaps for you. Or, you can drag the beatmap onto the window (but this is a bit more difficult).
Thank you!!! The osu! agent really helped a lot.
KKCD
Hi everyone! I've found a way to get the game to run on Catalina (10.15.x) without needing SIP disabled! This is how you do it:
  1. Download and extract Technocoder's wineskin package from https://mega.nz/file/1wUhSK5b\#UOh3p73XnupbZktFgsljieoIdf_L1PkxDFwjBvflNGM
  2. Extract the .zip. Once you've extracted it, you should have a file called osu!.app
  3. Right click (control-click) on this osu!.app, and select 'Show Package Contents'.
  4. Navigate to Contents/Resources/dosdevices
  5. Delete the file called z/.
  6. Open a terminal window and type the following: sudo xattr -d -r com.apple.quarantine DO NOT PRESS ENTER YET.
  7. Drag and drop osu!.app into the terminal window, THEN press enter (You may need to enter your password).
  8. Finally, open osu!.app. The game should launch and update as normal.
  9. If the game doesn't launch on the first try, try again until it launches. Also, an "osu! crashed" error might appear, but just click 'restart osu!' and it should work as normal.
I tested this on 10.15.5 with SIP enabled. The game launched, I could log in and play osu!standard just fine.
If you have questions feel free to message me on Discord: KKCD~#1405

I didn't want to have SIP disabled for security reasons, so this seems to work fine.
Topic Starter
Technocoder
"KKCD"

KKCD wrote:

Hi everyone! I've found a way to get the game to run on Catalina (10.15.x) without needing SIP disabled! This is how you do it:
  1. Download and extract Technocoder's wineskin package from https://mega.nz/file/1wUhSK5b\#UOh3p73XnupbZktFgsljieoIdf_L1PkxDFwjBvflNGM
  2. Extract the .zip. Once you've extracted it, you should have a file called osu!.app
  3. Right click (control-click) on this osu!.app, and select 'Show Package Contents'.
  4. Navigate to Contents/Resources/dosdevices
  5. Delete the file called z/.
  6. Open a terminal window and type the following: sudo xattr -d -r com.apple.quarantine DO NOT PRESS ENTER YET.
  7. Drag and drop osu!.app into the terminal window, THEN press enter (You may need to enter your password).
  8. Finally, open osu!.app. The game should launch and update as normal.
  9. If the game doesn't launch on the first try, try again until it launches. Also, an "osu! crashed" error might appear, but just click 'restart osu!' and it should work as normal.
I tested this on 10.15.5 with SIP enabled. The game launched, I could log in and play osu!standard just fine.
If you have questions feel free to message me on twitter @kkcd_.

I didn't want to have SIP disabled for security reasons, so this seems to work fine.
Hi there! I was intrigued by your method of getting it to launch without SIP so I looked into it a bit more. First of all I was a little bit skeptical (sorry about that!) because of the reason behind requiring SIP to be disabled. The latest 64 bit Wineskins rely on a function: i386_set_ldt which is only available for use of it's disabled or if the no32exec boot argument is set... or so I thought. It turns out on Catalina 10.15.4 onwards this function can be used regardless of whether SIP is disabled or not (https://github.com/Gcenx/WineskinServer/issues/26).
So unfortunately I can't test whether your method works prior to 10.15.4 (and I suspect that it doesn't) but thanks for your post anyway! It seems that I can update the Wineskin and move it out of the experimental phase now.
Dntm8kmeeatu
This thread is now deprecated. All updates are now hosted on this thread: community/forums/topics/1106057