forum

Share your first experience with 3* beatmaps.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SnixWasTaken
How long did it take you to master 3* difficulty beatmaps?
I've been playing for 3 weeks now, FCing 2* maps is way too easy.
Is getting to play 3*-4* beatmaps in 3 weeks even good or fast pace? or is it a slowpoke pace? I am playing a couple of hours ranging from 2-6 a day.
I can play 3* beatmaps really well, but I've managed to FC only 3-4 beatmaps out of 200 that I've got in that difficulty. I can also play 4* beatmaps, and i really enjoy sooooooo much more playing 4* beatmaps than 3* because it is much more of a challenge to me, rather than 3* is just "another boring block i have to pass in order to improve".
Just the thought getting to 4* is really motivating me but the fact that it is going to take a while for me to move on from 3* to 4* is really bothering me and making me impatient.
How long did it take you to FC without any problems 3* beatmaps and finally moved on to 4* beatmaps?
I am really curious in each and every person who reads this thread ^^, so please share your experience! :)
I am not asking for tips how to improve, im asking you to share your experience.
pandaBee
play more
Kishuya

xnix66 wrote:

How long did it take you to master 3* difficulty beatmaps?
I've been playing for 3 weeks now, FCing 2* maps is way too easy.
Is getting to play 3*-4* beatmaps in 3 weeks even good or fast pace? or is it a slowpoke pace? I am playing a couple of hours ranging from 2-6 a day.
I can play 3* beatmaps really well, but I've managed to FC only 3-4 beatmaps out of 200 that I've got in that difficulty. I can also play 4* beatmaps, and i really enjoy sooooooo much more playing 4* beatmaps than 3* because it is much more of a challenge to me, rather than 3* is just "another boring block i have to pass in order to improve".
Just the thought getting to 4* is really motivating me but the fact that it is going to take a while for me to move on from 3* to 4* is really bothering me and making me impatient.
How long did it take you to FC without any problems 3* beatmaps and finally moved on to 4* beatmaps?
I am really curious in each and every person who reads this thread ^^, so please share your experience! :)
I am not asking for tips how to improve, im asking you to share your experience.
hmm... to perfect 3 stars... well, in all honesty, I rushed 3*'s and other difficulties to the point where I'd get 90ish% accuracy and just say that's enough to move on, I played 3*s for about.... 1.5 - 2 weeks? before moving on, however, after I started to get better at 4-star maps, I tried a 3* map and found that I could easily get 98-100% accuracy and with nightcore, 94% (some chokes here and there) I never really liked 3* either, once I got used to it; it wasn't a challenge what so ever, I'd play 4*s and 5*s even though I wasn't too good at 3*s, it made me more consistent at 3*s for the most part but because of how I played 4*s after moving on from 3*s, my consistency got pretty crap (It's better now)
Solarys
KANASHII KANASHII KANASHII KANASHII~

Got 92 acc on my first go, to answer your question.

But in all seriousness:

1. You're doing fine, pal.
2. But you're too new for anyone to make ANY predictions about your future skills. You could very well end up like me, burning all the way through to around to almost 5 digits (top 100k) then hitting a brick wall at 5 stars because you can't jump (send help pls). Or you could hit your first huge challenge right at the 3* mark and sit there for a while. Or you could take the osu! community by storm and make Cookiezi look like he just installed for all we f**king know. Don't worry about skill and rank right now and get back to clicking circles. Get off the forums for a bit, too.

unless you wanna be like szkiller amiright?
Topic Starter
SnixWasTaken

pandaBee wrote:

play more

Seems like you have 0 experience whatsoever with 3*.
Solarys

xnix66 wrote:

pandaBee wrote:

play more
Everyone does, Einstein. And I know that "play more" sounds like shitty advice, but look where it got all of us.
Akanagi
My first experience with 3* was on my first day and the TL;DR of it is => 400-600 UR on every map
Shoy
3 months in, and I'm still on 3* maps since like a month and a half now, maybe 2 months.

For sure it's way slower than most of 4* maps, but I can say I improved a lot by keep playing this instead of going instantly for the Insane difficulty.
I'm feeling like it slower than when I started 3* maps too, but it's just that I get used to AR8 and the rhythm of 3* maps overall. It gave me the opportunity to learn to play with Hidden (which feels kinda better about reading on some maps), and there's still some maps I just can't pass.

The difference beetween 3* and 4* maps is pretty huge actually when you're going in at start, even more than beetween 2 and 3*.

There's a lot to learn on 3*... and I'm sure about the fact that you can find a ton of 3* maps that are really challenging for you actually.
Skip all of this just because you want some speed on 4* (Yes, some speed, not some challenge, seen you can find it pretty easily on 3* atm), it's kinda a waste, for me at least, if you want my opinion.
ManuelOsuPlayer
After 700h playing i know i'll start fc 6-7* maps before master 3*.
There was no first experience because i jump to 3* from 2'99* what is the same.
I started playing and getting pass at 4* when i SS my first +500 combo 3*.

After all the maps i have played making a standart average, 1* 2* 4* and 7* are the worst maps to everything. 1 and 2 are just flat, only a few 2* are really good. 4* it's just jumps. 7* are spaced faster 4*.
3* and 5* in general are the most musical maps, with tons of patterns, lot of diversity, tons of music and map styles... 6* it's a mix, where you can find a "imposible" or a 4* jump map xD

If i had to chose i will only play 3* and 5*. I just want to say, skip 3* to play 4* it's stupid if you're not going to be a only easy patterns jump player. If you want to skip 3* because they are boring and easy you're wrong. At least play 5* halftime instead 4*.
Also skipping 3* you will start stop playing low AR. My favourite maps are all AR7. I will cry if i couldn't be able to read them. And i learned to read low AR at 1-2-3* old maps. And 3* EZ. Tons of good maps are AR8.
You can play 4*-5* when you want, but you should not stop play some 2* and 3*. A good place to also get the basics to stream. Just search better maps if the ones you have are easy.

I'm not saying this like was something i did. I still playing Hard maps and still missing at them, and at same time i can fc at first try around 5'5* maps. And pass tons of 7*-8* maps at first try. But 3* still being a consistence challenging even knowing how to play consistenly.
MiSAkd
first experience with 3 star maps?
i died.
Yolshka
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/1280
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/50006
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/9429

My greatest enemies.
They tilted me to the 6th dimension.
Pretty sure there were more but these stuck with me

But i practiced and they got fukin rekt.
Well now that I did it i might as well just die.

If you fc the highest diffs on those with 99%+ acc, ill give you a cookie.

It took me an eternity, and im not even sure if i can play 3 stars 2k fucking hours in.
This game is pretty hard.
Maki Konuri
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/414348

The first ever 3* beatmap i played and it make me practice 3* more and more, my experience is like everyone said "play more" is a key, find a beatmap that really suits you that make you retry again and again. Eventually you'll get over it ;)
pandaBee

Yolshka wrote:

Can I have cookie?

I'm still trying to fc/acc cackletta soul battle. Curse that map.
Yolshka

pandaBee wrote:

Yolshka wrote:

Can I have cookie?

I'm still trying to fc/acc cackletta soul battle. Curse that map.
no but ill give u this

choose carefully
mulraf
when i started i just looked for what difficulty name it had. so when the whole chatroom said "oh, i can play 3*!" "i can play low 4*", i just replied "i can play harder hards to easy insanes" LUL. in defense of myself: i started 6 years ago and star rating was well.. not crap, but imho today sr reflects the maps difficulty better.

oh. but to answer your qauestion with a guess: 3 years. kms
Celine
I was able to pass 3* few days after starting

for people who have problems with 3* (xDDDDD)
just play hr/dt/hrdt on 2* or smth
play more
osu is a simple game
fc a 6* first, thanks
pandaBee
play whatever improves your desired skillset the most.
Topic Starter
SnixWasTaken

Solarys wrote:

xnix66 wrote:

pandaBee wrote:

play more

Everyone does, Einstein. And I know that "play more" sounds like shitty advice, but look where it got all of us.

I have that advice stuck in my head all day everyday, I am asking for people to share their first experience with 3* maps and how they surpassed them. I am not asking for advice on how to improve. Once again, I made this thread cause I am solely interested how people dealt with this stage :)
Ryoid
Well, probably for me its kinda suck
Its took 2 week for passing 3 star beatmap and i can't even FC them lol
But then after 5 day i manage passing 4 star with c ranks on it
It took 1 month for repairing my acc maybe because i always mash the keyboard lol
And then it took more or less 2 week to pass 5 star
Its kinda easy when you can fc 4 star when moving to 5 star
I can even DT 8ar hard map back then so yeah

Btw my first 3 star map is kuba oms-my love insane diff if that is your question
Endaris
75% C Ranks. Some were easier, some harder. I encountered the first ones in multi with some friend from league who was a good tad better than I was. Got shred hard. I think it was around that time I developed my accuracy bracket training system. So that is how I got through it. I wasn't trying to diehard FC things, just get reasonable accuracy on everything and I eventually started doing well on them without noticing (although I ended up shitting on a few selected maps).

Also what the fuck, Yolshka, how did you SS Morino Ishigo? I'm not even close to aceing the spinners and the rest is already hard enough to even get to 98%.
No cookie for me although I could provide on the other two :(
Vuelo Eluko
i'll make it easy and just share a video

this was after 3 days of playing

it's 3.00* now not sure what it was then it has been so long. Basically everything was 5* back then except freedom dive another for some reason
Shoy
This moment when you realize that the guy streams better after 3 days than me after 3 months.

... The same moment I knew that I fucked up.
ManuelOsuPlayer

-bws wrote:

I was able to pass 3* few days after starting

for people who have problems with 3* (xDDDDD)
just play hr/dt/hrdt on 2* or smth
play more
osu is a simple game
fc a 6* first, thanks
I have a 5'9* sightread 3 misses at topranks. There are 40seconds 6* jump maps what you can fc without move your eyes xD.