forum

help or advice please?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MintCookie
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 8731795539 a replay (not sure if it's a good way to distribute it?)

so, I'm really not sure what happens, most of my plays end up going this way, on things I pass every time, and even on things I know I can't finish.

help? :/
Torgairon
what I got from that replay is that you need to work on doubles and jumps, even really short ones like the jumps on that map. you're jumping off the doubles too early, which is either a combination of reading and rhythm issues or a choke that encompasses the whole section as you go off-rhythm and can't get back on.
Solarys
It seems your aim is a bit lazy (like mine), and you have trouble reading half-beat stacks.

I have this thing at high BPMs where instead of snapping to circles like with any other BPM I tend to slide past the circle and my cursor will be outside the hitbox by the time I click and I shitmiss. You seem to have the same issue.

You also seem to not be able to read half-beat stacks very well, seeing you just leave half-beat doubles halfway clicked as you move to the next slider too early.

I'd advise that you start reading patterns as a series of short, simple movements instead of one long, complex movement. It'll stop your shitmissing on small jumps and hopefully fix your reading issue, though that may be a skin issue as well.

Or maybe you're using a pro skin and already know all these tips, and I haven't a damn clue what I'm talking about. I don't know; its hard to give tips on a game so reliant on pure mechanical skill :|.
Celine
play everything
Topic Starter
MintCookie
hmm... anything specific that might be good practice for the things I'm bad at?
pandaBee
play everything