forum

Loved Captain's Pick Round 4 (osu!)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Toy
Merry Christmas everyone!

Apologies for the month-long hiatus, some delays along with OWC and school exams have had me put this off for longer than I had wished to. Loved voting has returned as a Christmas treat and starting in 2018, my goal is to have these polls run as timely as possible.

This week will run similarly as it had to last month as we're still working around the new website's features in making this possible. Strawpoll links have been created for each individual map, which you can vote on now to see your favorite maps enter the Loved category!

We are still playing around with an approval rating required for a map to qualify, though the last group results had their cap set at 75% approval.

Here are these week's nominees for osu!standard!

Circle People has kindly offered to make regular map showcase videos if you want to see what each map is about and why it was nominated!
Use the timestamps in the description to jump to whatever mode you're interested in!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Map selection provided by Toy and Kaifin.

BABYMETAL - MEGITSUNE by Onisakura
Vote for this map here!

DragonForce - My Spirit Will Go On by DoKito
Vote for this map here!

Camellia - Kono Hoshi de.... by Snow Note
Vote for this map here!

yambabom - Over my head by Zapy
Vote for this map here!

The Quick Brown Fox - Gotsta Terrify by Smoothie
Vote for this map here!

t+pazolite vs C-Show - TRICKL4SH 220 by Necroh
Vote for this map here!

Kawada Mami - Going back to square one by cRyo[iceeicee]
Vote for this map here!

Thaehan - Doki-Doki by BarkingMadDog
Vote for this map here!

yuikonnu - Uchouten Vivace by Guy
Vote for this map here!

Nekomata Master+ - Funny shuffle by fanzhen0019
Vote for this map here!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link to threads for other modes:

osu!taiko
osu!catch
osu!mania
chainpullz
Any consideration for putting the entire fanzhen compilation 2 up for vote as opposed to select maps from it?

I know there's a difference between 1:50 and having to play through like 12 minutes to get to funky shuffle, then an additional 6 or so minutes of other songs afterwards. At the same time, having an actual official leaderboard on that instead of just a dead link to the replay of axarious's play would be super hype.
Topic Starter
Toy

chainpullz wrote:

Any consideration for putting the entire fanzhen compilation 2 up for vote as opposed to select maps from it?

I know there's a difference between 1:50 and having to play through like 12 minutes to get to funky shuffle, then an additional 6 or so minutes of other songs afterwards. At the same time, having an actual official leaderboard on that instead of just a dead link to the replay of axarious's play would be super hype.

I don't think we need to be opposed to one or the other, we can eventually have both in the category if they pass the vote!
Topic Starter
Toy
Here are the final results!

Every map this week was comfortably above the threshold aside from Uchouten Vivace, which was still high enough to pass.

The following maps reached sufficient votes to be moved into the Loved category:

BABYMETAL - MEGITSUNE by Onisakura
DragonForce - My Spirit Will Go On by DoKito
Camellia - Kono Hoshi de.... by Snow Note
yambabom - Over my head by Zapy
The Quick Brown Fox - Gotsta Terrify by Smoothie
t+pazolite vs C-Show - TRICKL4SH 220 by Necroh
Kawada Mami - Going back to square one by cRyo[iceeicee]
Thaehan - Doki-Doki by BarkingMadDog
yuikonnu - Uchouten Vivace by Guy
Nekomata Master+ - Funny shuffle by fanzhen0019

Thanks to everyone who voted!