forum

Miki Sayaka vs. Miki Sayaka (fw. Miki Sayaka) - squartatrice

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mun
friendly reminder that whether you like a map or not, it was made by a human being
there's a right way and a wrong way to have discourse over a map
i'm sure a lot of people just learned that the hard way

even if i don't like the map, not cool guys
Ideal
coulda just kept the map and waited for loved tbf, it wasnt bad

oh well gl on your life
blobdash
good job people, you made someone quit.
Ethercastle
Hating for the sake of hating and abusing power.
Sigh, people are as toxic as ever, things never change.
gl irl soulfear, thanks for all the wonderful maps.
Mir
as much as i disagreed with the map nobody should ever be flamed so hard they decide to quit the game

shame on every single one of you that brought your petty toxicity to this thread. I hope you're happy
Shiirn

soulfear wrote:

Hello,here are my last words in OSU,I was quit OSU before and make a lot of friends in other games,happy with them every day,but in this game,only sadness,and now I can quit it forever.
To Karen:thank you for coming to my map because I don't even call you to check my map,when I saw your first reply in my map,I was surprised.
To other people who hate my map&me:I'll glad if you guy can ask someone to nuke all my rank maps&delete them,this is my last wish.
To other people who love my map&me:really thank you guys,wish you guys will have a good life everyday.
I don't want to contribute to this game anything and anymore,it's useless,I'm old,finally it just awaste of my time.
at last,congratulations to those popular mappers who steal/copypaste from my map,you are succeed.
Farewell.
You did your best, soulfear. That alone puts you above many names other people praise in my book.

It's a shame even your mapper spirit can be damaged beyond repair.
Cheri
this is just sad... I don't understand how people could be so damn toxic over a game. it 1 thing to hate the map but don't bring your damn petty hate comments in a thread that is suppose to improve a map and expect the mapper he/she self to just shrug it off - Just because a map is not up to date to your mapping needs, shouldn't mean to tare down the map to suit your expectation as that takes aways the mappers vision and only puts in your own and that obviously doesn't solve the situation. Not to say that there wasn't anybody trying to help but there was more hate than help and I can't see anyone denying that.

Its a pity to see all this effort to go down the drain just because everyone not liking a map they don't even have to play or look at.

anyways this thread should be locked before any more damage is done.
ScubDomino
I like how there are more modders/mappers in this thread shitting all over the map than players.

They said to comply to the map's context, but that is literally completely ignored here.

Thanks for your maps Fear, wishing for the best in your future endeavors!
Nozhomi
Congratz to this community once again, just continue to show how mature you are.

And have fun soulfear for your other stuff o7
lit120
Knowing by reading all these posts here, you should be ashamed of yourselves, being such an immature shit, as i've seen a lot of worst cases like this

I haven't seen the map yet, but gl with your life out there, soulfear!
_DT3
What the actual fuck guys, the map has made the mapper quit a game he likely actually enjoyed before. I personally haven't seen the map yet but tbh seeing how the past 20 pages have been filled with posts within the last two days, this looks like it was such a shitstorm. Like damn, this is a game, you don't need to get so triggered by a single map. This is exactly why I decided to stay out of this thread

Anyways, gl for your future soulfear, hope you have a good one!
Sieg
It's sad to see that soulfear decided to make a martyr from himself instead of working on compromises or pushing this to loved. Oh well, gl irl.

jic for the history records - https://puu.sh/zsEdx/5cf2672d62.osz
OSUjanaiKATSURAda
This Manga Need A Serialized Anime tbh pretty Dramatical Story ... ( btw there is a map already Qualified with worst aesthetics and rhythm choice and weird overall
hollowing's Map .exe diff ) but no one seems to care hmmm Kids shouldnt have authority Above a Community even if its a game because they will ruin it tbh actually its already ruined lol.

i Hope this goes to Loved atleast.
Chaos
I know most of you won't take anything meaningful out of the events of the past few days here but perhaps try to have at least a little bit of basic respect for your fellow mappers and community members in the future. It's very sad to see things end up the way they are as of now, a mapping thread devoid of meaningful discussion of the mapset at hand and utterly meaningless comments that did nothing but cause trouble and drama. I'll be locking this thread for some time since there isn't anything to gain by having it open at this point.

soulfear: I'm terribly sorry on behalf of the community that this mapset came under such needless harassment from people who had no intention of ever helping you with improving it. And speaking personally, I apologize for not being free to manage this thread so that many of these comments could have been removed before everything escalated out of control. If you ever want this thread unlocked for any reason, please contact me or any other GMT/QAT member. If this is your final farewell, I wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors. Thank you for your extensive contributions to the game.

edit: for clarity some posts have been removed from this thread
Fycho
Unlocked on request.

For the one who would post here: please keep the thread on topic on a polite discussion, any unrelated or nonsense posts might be removed and you will be slapped with high silences on you, I hope you behave well.

For modders: look through old posts to see if your points have been raised, if so make sure read the replies of them before posting.
MaridiuS
Okay guyes, some compromises were made and soulfear has given me full permission to deal with the mods and talk with her in private for stuff if needed. This is mostly due to language barriers and her being out of touch with the community. Throughout the next few days I will deal with most mods done in this year.
LowAccuracySS
im so sorry for my previous posts

placeholder for mod
MaridiuS
Kuron-kun

Kuron-kun wrote:

classical I have some concerns post

[General]
  1. Although the BG isn't an unrankable issue, 640x480 seems to be really far from all background standards nowadays, you can definitelly improve it a lot by picking fan arts or better quality backgrounds.
[Easy]
  1. Can't really see a good reason to have slidertick rate set at 2 as you are literally following the main beats and you aren't either using them to provide hitsounding feedback or anything like that, they're just there to make the combo higher. You also can only hear them clearly at the beginning and ending of the song, which are the calmest parts. Approved, she will make it tickrate 1
  2. Some NCing inconsistencies like:
    00:13:640 (6) - NC should be here
    00:26:640 - From this section and on some hitsounds are starting on a big white tick, some are starting on a small white tick and that makes it really inconsistent as you don't seem to be following a NC pattern. I'd really like if you could keep them consistent, that's really important for an Easy. Some consistent ncing will be inbound!
  3. 01:22:974 - Also could find some rhythm inconsistencies here as sometimes you follow the red beats and sometimes, without even changing the section properly, you suddenly start to map the white ticks, which might make if very awkward to play. I am confused, there is no red tick mapping here?
  4. 01:22:641 (1) - Not the best idea to start the chorus with a repeat slider, that removes all its emphasis, would be much better if the repeat was actually a circle. will make some changes
[Normal]
  1. The gap between Easy spread and this one seems to be really high. You didn't use any 1/2s on Easy and you overused a lot here, with the same spacing as the 1/1s on Easy. This really looks more like an Advanced than a Normal to me. The diff will get nerfed a bit, but overall the gap is fine because the bottom diff is for players that play the game for first time while this diff can be played with a few hours of experience.
  2. 00:48:640 (6,7,8,9) - 01:27:640 (1,2,3,4,5) - 01:38:307 (1,2,3,4,5) - Unecessary diff spike there as you've been mapping those with repeat sliders or simply with 1/1s instead of 1/2s. Making them only 1/2s circles isn't really the better option there. You should've kept them sliders or 1/1. Probably will not change the 1/2's but will consider doing more circles on the other parts with loud 1/2 drums.
  3. 01:22:974 (2) - Should NC due to chorus + new section. right
  4. 01:41:640 (1,1) - Recovery time, heh.You know, 1/1 recovery time with a lot of circles is kinda hard to aim for new players . will be fixed
[Hard]
  1. 00:10:974 (1,2,3,4,5) - Again, unecessary diff spike, this is the calmest part of the song and yet you used a REALLY high 1/1 DS spacing. will be fixed
  2. 00:34:474 (1,4) - Stacking here kind make these 2 visually overlapped. will be fixed
  3. 00:52:307 - Might consider adding something here, sounds really empty as you've been following everything on the song. will be fixed
[Another]
  1. Lots of inconsistent NCs as mentioned in Easy. Unless you mention specific timelines I cannot deal with this because the NCing here is focused on individual patterning and how the map represents them not on the metronome which can be quite boring.
  2. Spacing is again really inconsistent, specially on the beginning, where you increase the spacing a lot with proper reasoning, as the song doesn't get stronger or anything at all. A few examples:
    00:09:141 (8,1,2,3,4) - 00:10:474 (8,9) - 00:54:974 (2,1,2) - 01:52:640 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - She will clear somethings of this. Though the 1/1 gap is quite neat.
[Sayaka]
  1. Literally everything I stated before that's not diff specific.
  2. 01:11:974 - Don't really think the song needs that huge SV suddenly. As it's literally doubling without proper build-up the flow and reading might break a lot. It's literally doubling because of the new layer in 1/4 which was expressed with fast sliders rather than streams. Personally I don't think that it's hard to read and the player can easily adjust after the first two sliders in the first attempt.
  3. 01:21:308 (1) - This is literally impossible to hit sightread without breaking, if it's ever possible to hit it with a 300. The SV goes from 2,00x to 10,00x and the player won't expect that at all. If they ever expect something, it's that this is a 1/2 slider or even a 1/4 with a repeat, ending on a red tick, but this is 1/8, lol. Most of this map is kinda hard to sightread, the current arrangement is doable because the player will instinctively try to skip the the upper half other which may result in the cursor being directed towards the sliderend and properly play the slider. It is warranted by music because of the awkward crash sound that comes out of nowhere and the map already uses tons of weird stuff for this not to be unavailable.
please don't take anything personal here, these are just things I really think they should be addressed before ranking as they might cause severe troubles to reading/flow and, specially, consistency.
Useful stuff.

Kin

Kin wrote:

greetings!
there's still some part which i cannot understand, so if you're willing to explain me.

[Sayaka]

1. 00:03:641 (8,9,1) - might be caused by grid, stack, whatever, minor thing, but I still wonder why you're using a lil higher spacing for 00:03:641 (8,9) - when the stanza is clearly on 00:03:974 (1) - . ik 00:03:974 (1) - is emphasized with your stack, however, spacing from 00:03:808 (9,1) - is the same as 00:02:641 (1,2,3,4,5) - while 00:03:641 (8,9) - is different for a reason idk. That it because it would be hella weird if it were to be stacked with 1/4 triple.
  2. 00:07:141 (5,6) - 00:07:641 (8,9) - any reason why the structure from the 2 are really different when they are pretty similar in pitch? You're currently using a linear flow 00:06:974 (4,5,6,7) - here when 00:07:141 (5,6) - has a pretty strong piano note which is pretty similar to this one 00:07:641 (8,9) - . However, the 2nd one does have emphasis while the 1st one has none. Using a different structure could have been okay if you managed to actually use something "ascending". You have to consider how players will anticipate this. This is the first time the music does that kind of a change so delaying the emphasis a bit until here when it gets louder 00:07:641 (8,9) - will fit better. I tried multiple ideas for emphasizing the note but it all feels weird and overwhelming to how the music makes a slow progression. Any minor change will just feel weird and one could argue that the sharp zig zag is one form of emphasis.
  3. 00:14:640 (1,2) - according to your focus ; which is piano (i think), starting the jump 2 circles jump here 00:14:974 (3) - would have more sense since the crescendo is starting here: 00:14:974 (3) - . The stanza here 00:14:640 (1) - might justify the fact you're "breaking your flow" but the current jump doesnt really make sense with the other which are clearly mapped on the build up/crescendo. Firstly please reconsider using words such as "crescendo" or "stanza" and try to simplify it completely. Regarding the point, generally fear tries to give bigger spacing to white ticks because they have the left hand deep piano layer in addition. Following such spontaneous changes in song will be hard for players to grasp.
  4. 00:15:974 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - the feeling is actually quite good/ok. However, you're currently using the same flow for a decrescendo & a build up. I'm not saying you should use the same thing when the music is the same & something different when it's different, but in this case, when it's a pattern right after the other, it only create inconsistency. Sorry but I don't understand this, how do you think fear would understand it, please reword it better if you're still interested in leaving feedback.
  5. 00:24:640 (1) - Using a circular flow in this case doesnt goes well with the fact the music is something like stopping right here 00:24:640 (1) - . Having the whole pattern starting from the top left from this note 00:24:474 (1) - would have more sense. 00:24:474 (1,1,2,1,2,1,2) - is just a simple circular flow with constant DS while this note 00:24:474 (1) - doesnt belong to the next part. The music toned down completely which is why it is circular and low spaced flow which contrasts properly the former section and serves as a nice transition into a stream that goes into a different section.
  6. 00:51:390 (1) - idk why the spacing emphasis is on this one. you even yourself use on whistle on this 00:51:474 (2) - for the melody. & the drum is just 1/4 earlier. even in bms they just use stairs & the jump/hand on 1/1. btw, it's even inconsistent with the fact you're currently using a spacing emphasis on 8 here 00:51:974 (8,9,10) - which is on white tick (drum kick or violon/melody)fixed!

if you can at least explain what I mentionned with a proper reasoning ; I will not have to check the whole spread.

Cloudchaser

Cloudchaser wrote:

As if it was of my business at all to actually mod this... But well, Another difficult could be done way much better. The intro, specially these parts 00:03:474 (6,7,8) - , 00:06:808 (2,3,4) - 00:08:308 (3,4,5) - just ignore the 1/4 beats but they use that rhythm here 00:10:474 (8,9) - (and it also has a ridiculous spacing too) and 00:12:807 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - as well Fear is following electronic piano not the acoustic one with streams.

The another diff has a lot of patterns problem, even NCs and Hitsound, basic stuff that I don't find possible like to be qualified or something.
-> 00:26:640 - NC should be added here due of downbeats plus new rhythm marked by the finish hitsound NCing based on music theory downbeats and stuff can be quite stale, fear went for the patterning NC style approach. That slider is tied with the stream so ncing it will just be weird, anytime patterning changes fear does a NC.
-> 00:26:640 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4) - This part doesn't have a single jump or DS change, like "straight" patterns, but instead in 00:29:307 (1,2,3) - used jumps for the same part. It would be much better if he follows the piano. I see nothing wrong with this variation especially when the part with 1/2 sliders has more dominant piano which was followed properly.
->00:38:307 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19) - Huge combos could be useful in some cases, like streams but it also can be a misleading while playing. My suggestion is to add NC 00:39:307 - so it would have more sense with the piano. And they are useful here because the whole combo has way similar patterning as I have pointed out in first NC reply of this mod.
->00:42:307 (6) - Actually this kickslider doesn't work here, the 1/4 stream begins here at 00:42:474 - until 00:42:640 - The kickslider is 1/6 and follows the piano roll.

Some parts are undermapped, other overmapped... I don't really want to post a wall.

oh boy here we go

C00L wrote:

Hello,

[Stuff you should consider looking over]
  1. I do have some concerns to state but that will come later. Firtly though, I'd like to point out that the mapper has ignored a lot of previous mod posts, here's and example of a couple of mods being absolutely ignored but credited (kudosu'd) for some reason p/4094135 and p/4096283 . Mismagius' mod being ignored was actually quite a shame, mostly because of the fact that all the things he mentioned are still relevant to the map itself today. Nothing much has changed, plus the mod being ignored breaks the 12th Beatmap nominator rule for nominations, If the mapper doesn't respond then the map will have to be DQ'd for at least a forced response. It's a shame that the BN's involved in this set haven't read through the thread. Old mods in this thread are really salty and I think that those people would prefer rewording their points 3 years later if they care enough. Why force the mapper to respond to posts that straight up shit on the map?
  2. This is sort of an unproven point that I'm about to make but I strongly believe that your video offset is off by quite a large amount of ms. Considering the music changes at 00:10:641 (1) - is fine, but the videos theme doesn't change until ~00:10:703- . Another example of this can be seen at 01:33:640 (9) - where the frame change doesn't happen till ~01:33:723 - .I'm not sure how accurate the video files have to be nor where the original video comes from, but according to the RC video files need to accurately represent the song hence why the offset needs to be adjusted for the video files. If the video was custom made for this map then those points above are just some of the examples that misrepresent the song because of pretty big delays. Again without a original source of the video this point stands invalid, but I'm requesting for you to link the original video file from, or alternatively answer why the delays are so big because the song doesn't show such delays in the music. We have checked and on BMS it is the same like that, I guess you could criticize the video quality for that because if you take note: 00:02:641 - the video starts exactly on beat here and is late later in the song due to production issues probably.
[My suggestions]

Imo the lower diffs exluding Another are fine the way they are, they seem reasonable for what they're doing

(Another)
  1. 00:08:141 (2,3) - I can kinda see why you're ignoring the blue tick sounds on notes like this, this is fine imo but following that logic you're making 00:08:641 (5) - feel out of place. In my understanding you're following the piano here so to make (5) match it's musical strength, I think it would be better if you 00:08:308 (3,4) - ctrl+g this pattern that way the the (3) would receive the lower intensity because of the song dying out on the piano and from that point onwards (4) and (5) would be represented in a increasing spacing manner which would show more clearly what you're trying to map to. Considering something similar was done here 00:09:641 (3,4) - with (5) having the highest impact on the gameplay. Another solution to keeping your ds constant at notes like these would be to do something similar to this that way consistency would be kept alongside the next pattern. I can't comprehend this. Can you simple it down a bit xd.
  2. 00:49:974 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - although I see that one of the themes of the map is based around readability, it still makes it un-readable even to the best players (that haven't been familiar with the song). This is mostly due to the fact that this pattern shares really similar spacing with 00:30:307 (1,2,3,4,5) - and I'm guessing you wanted to make this pattern stand out as a 1/3 stream by increasing the spacing, but because it's so similar to the 30 second mark pattern it makes the pattern almost impossible to distinguish from a 1/4 to a 1/3. I would suggest you to do something similar like you did in the Sayaka diff 00:49:974 (1,1,1,1,1,1) - but I can see that you wanted this diff to be a bit more of a old-school reading challenge. So instead I would suggest that you either decrease the spacing at 00:30:307 (1,2,3,4,5) - just by a little (this would affect quite a lot more of the patterns as well) another option would be to increasing the spacing of 00:49:974 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - by a much bigger amount so that the players will more clearly know that this pattern is spaced higher therefore will expect something different without being too familiar with the song. wurf. tl:dr we're in 2018 meta where stuff that is not readable to everyone on sightread passes while 1 spam would be weird with the current spacing and people judge by approach rate like how players could read valkyria.
  3. 01:21:307 (4) - There's a change of hitsounding sample through-out the slider here, not sure if that was intended because it still follows similar sounds from the 01:21:307 (4) - so I suppose leaving it on the normal sample and just decreasing the volume would be much better than changing a sample through-out the slider nice catch, should be fixed.
  4. 01:52:640 (3,4) - These circles are really unexpected considering their spacing and placement, mostly because this is a first for such 1/4 patterns in this map. Although it fits in it's section I think you could have introduced it in a much calmer way in the previous song section here 01:46:307 (1,2) - by adding a circle on the blue tick (at which there is a sound) in a manner that will introduce the player to the coming up patterns, this is in a much calmer section as well so doing this is a calm way of showing what's coming Thanks to that older section, players will be able to comprehend the melody of the synth in the 1/4 spaced part which results in no reading issues.
(Sayaka)
  1. 00:22:307 (6) - out of all the patterns that emphasise the strong piano sound ( 00:20:307 (3,1) - like these do for example) only this one stands out because of it's absurd spacing. I can see that you are forming a star pattern with these note placements but imo the spacing of (6) is too much and it clearly doesn't fit the intended intensity that you were going for in this section, it's only this one that really stands out on it's own. This makes your structure and pattern placement seem rather random which is why i suggest you to re-arrange the pattern a little so that it matches with the rest of the sections patterns and their intended intensities. I suggest you to ctrl+g 00:22:307 (6,7) - that way the flow change onto 00:22:640 (1) - with the new sounds will be much more noticed and the intensity on (6) will be much more matching to the rest of the patterns beforehand spacing made less absurd.
  2. 00:37:640 (1,2,3,4) - this pattern is the only one which follows different flow from the rest of the patterns like 00:35:640 (1,2,3,4) - etc. It doesn't makes sense considering that the music hasn't changed it's melody still at this point therefore keeping the flow the same would reflect that as well as the rest of the patterns did. I would suggest you change it and maybe place it something similar to this, I see no reason why this flow should change considering what the music offers hasn't changed and is just ruining your theme of symmetry The thing is that these 00:36:974 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - are grouped in symmetry and since the song does an anti buildup the last pattern has easier flow.
  3. 00:42:390 (6,7) - Up until this point in the map there was no indication that this sort of extreme jump was going to happen, on top of that the representation of the pattern is really poor, but although it's represented poorly your theme was to make the map read and not played I suppose. I can agree with this to some degree considering that the next section afterwards is the "technical" part of the map, where a lot of fast sliders are used according to the music. But then again I can't agree with the spacing you have used considering how 00:42:140 (3) - you mapped such a similar sound (almost identical) with such low spacing and emphasis and 00:42:474 (7) - this sound with such high spacing which was almost identical to (3) in terms of the music. The fact that the slider leads onto another section is one thing, but 00:42:474 (7) - is still not in the 00:42:641 (1,1) - music section so making it such a jump doesn't fit considering how intense the previous section was. I strongly suggest you nerf this spacing by a lot, placing the note at x:132 y:332 actually makes it seem really justified and much more playable. You could also consider NC'ing this object so that the lead into 00:42:641 (1) - makes more sense and new stuff will be more expected. Spacing is reduced majorly (was 3.6x now 2.3x). It leads into the speedup section and is grouped separately from the piano 6stack.
  4. 01:40:973 (13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20) - these sounds also have these "bends" every 1/4 ticks like 01:35:640 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - I would suggest you to actually show that in the second patternbecause comparing that pattern to 01:39:973 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - really makes (13) seem really bland even though music suggests this to be otherwise. I am mainly suggesting this because you've only represented this sort of sound once in such a way and because this is the new section doing something similar to 01:27:640 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - woudn't fit here The whole section is pretty variable in patterning so I don't understand why are you trying to group them to be mapped the same when it's obviously not mappers intentions to completely repeat pattern within the same concept. The idea is just trippy low spaced 1/4 notes.
  5. 01:54:890 (8,1) - the way you spaced this pattern is really wrong, this is especially heard when compared to the music. The blue tick sound at 01:54:890 (8) - has the least intense sound out of all 01:54:307 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - therefore spacing (8) higher makes no sense. I would suggest you to decrease the spacing here to something that will represent the music better, also if the change is made then move 01:55:140 (2) - to have consistent spacing with the rest of the piano sounds that you are following there. The mapper used an a bit unorthodox method of emphasizing it which I completely feel in gameplay. It's like it moved down but then (1) catches the intensity of the sharp movement done a bit early. A bit vague to justify but in game I assure you I completely "feel" the pattern to properly express the song here with the above reasoning.
  6. 01:56:973 (1) - Although the piano sound is really strong here it really makes it overspaced this is especially seen when comparing to the next pattern at 01:58:973 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - which has higher intense piano sounds which feels really underspaced. I think ctrl+g'ing 01:56:973 (1,2) - this pattern will give (1) better spacing making it feel more comfortable and fitting with the ending section as well as making 01:57:307 (1) - more emphasised It's all about grouping the piano patterning: 01:56:307 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - this is one individual pattern and the sharp large jump complements this pattern in particular, others have their own design in this section, the spacing is not something unseen and being a bit free with spacing opens up many patterning choices needed for this song.

[Conclusion]
Imo the map lacks quality not modern pp maps quality but overall pattern and structure quality. Maps like this ofc will be enjoyed by many, but not in today's ranked section. Don't get me wrong the map itself isn't that horrible as people address it to be, it just doesn't fit today's needs and tbh I doubt it fitted players needs ever since you tried ranking it again 3 years ago. It received similar backslash that it did today, the map's theme that if I understand correctly were symmetry 00:21:640 (2,3,6,7,1,2,3,4,1,2) - ,readability 00:42:390 (6,7) - , "technical" attributes 00:47:807 (1,1,1,1,1) - and change in spacing according to the music's sections 01:01:307 (1) - , even though they are clearly stated imo they still require a bunch of improvements imo, mostly because of the fact of how old the map is quality wasn't much of a factor back then (let's not kid each other here). Don't get me wrong I understand that this map is a old-school map so I'm not suggesting you to completely re-map this from scratch and map it in a way like Doormat of byfar would, because that wouldn't reflect how you wanted to map the song, but consider making changes that will benefit the map in it's intended structure. You talk in the mod about anything but structure and now the conclusion is suddenly visuals? I can agree that the visuals are not the most pleasant looking but they're coherent within the map and compared to any part of the map and that is what matters.
Ataraxia

Ataraxia wrote:

i don't feel 640x480 its a good BG size. just look how weird thats fit in game.

here https://imgur.com/a/Okdi7 a good quality bg with a good size

To be honest, the bg art its weird, so I stretch them horizontally to fit at least the letters.

--

hope can help.

Other stuff

[last diff]

01:21:308 (1) - i see ALL the thread searching the reason of this, i don't find them (if you find just link them). I replied now in

if you don't find, i think i can have a reply , right ?

Okay, first thing: ITS ONLY 1 BEAT (more specifically, its a Eletronic Snare, just one beat, nothing more) but you extend here to a mega repeat thats break everyone them play this map.

if you want tho stay this, at least u should do a nerf here, something like 5.0x.

--

Hope can help.

Idealism

Idealism wrote:

Kuron-kun wrote:

01:21:308 (1) - This is literally impossible to hit sightread without breaking, if it's ever possible to hit it with a 300. The SV goes from 2,00x to 10,00x and the player won't expect that at all. If they ever expect something, it's that this is a 1/2 slider or even a 1/4 with a repeat, ending on a red tick, but this is 1/8, lol.
just wanna point out something: yes, it IS possible to hit with a 300, but you need to hit closer to the left border of the circle.

i don't often mod std bc im terrible at it but i like the top diff and and some things caught my eye

00:22:140 (5,6) - what warrants this massive jump here? since there isn't a significant change in the song, so this seems somewhat random. it has been nerfed now.
00:41:974 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - though this isn't too difficult to hit, it flows awkwardly considering all other streams are linear, so it's not really expected by players, and considering it has a 1/4 jump to 00:42:474 (7), it's tough to get it on time. you could change this in a way so it flows better onto the slider (id give a good example but im terrible at std patterns but something like this maybe? https://idealsu.s-ul.eu/pevmRATU) Pretty sure that sharp angle plays much better than anything linear from a stream jump, and really soulfear doesn't have intentions of undoing the stream jumps because of reasons I answered c00l. It just feels too strong and contrasts the piano 6 note grouping.
00:44:641 (1,1,1,1) - could move the first slider's sliderhead to x:240 y:108 and make something like this https://idealsu.s-ul.eu/bUQ6VFpU to even the spacing out this is one of the magical patterns that won't play the same if you change the spacing even by a small margin, currently the player will go to the circle straight from the slider end but with your arrangement he will try to follow the slider resulting in a much different pattern that doesn't play as well.
00:49:974 (1,1,1,1,1,1) - this is quite difficult to read well because the spacing is pretty weird on these notes, you could adjust them to a space increasing zigzag-like motion so it'd be easier to discern whether this is 1/2 or 1/3, especially for sightreading It's NCed, that's more than enough to make the pattern easily distinctable because the rest of the map doesn't have nc spam for 1/4's or such.
01:30:890 (5,6,1,2,3) - could ctrl+g the sliders and stack the previous circles on their adjusted sliderheads so it wouldn't be as awkward of a jump since both following notes are 1/4. I don't see what is so awkward here for me to understand your solution or anything here really.
01:50:973 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - yikes, rip acc for anyone who tries to actually play this (rip my 99%). 1/4 seems to work well rhythm and playability wise for the sliderends, so you could change it yeaaah it was 1/4 actually before but it turns out the rhythm is 1/3 / 1/6. Anyways it's supposed to be hard as the peak of the map.
01:54:890 (8) - why is this note broken off the stream? https://idealsu.s-ul.eu/vrgg7s7E give this a shot, imo it works better It looks weird but its one of the magical patterns ;p More details on c00l mod too I thnk.

i have no idea how rankable this is for nowadays' criteria but i hope you can manage. good luck!

edit: might wanna change Charles’ diff’s name to indicate what is his diff or at least add it in desc will talk to fear about this.

To modders before 2018, if you still care about what you posted then please say, in fact i may contact you. But I will not respond to toxic and informal / disrespectful mods so if you care please reword it to fit today's COC and I think COC existed even then. I will keep editing this post for the current mods and maybe put in spoilerboxes later.
C00L
Could i get a reply on my mod post too :)
Uta
welcome back soulfear ^^
Swell
Woah its back nice
anna apple
glad you're back <3
Aeril
Glad to see you and this back
Ryuusei Aika
加油加油!!!
lcfc
Welcome back soulfear! I hope the thread won't derail into meaningless drama this time around now that things have calmed down
Also very nice of you for doing this Maridius!
Kuron-kun
welcome back ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Ideal

Kuron-kun wrote:

01:21:308 (1) - This is literally impossible to hit sightread without breaking, if it's ever possible to hit it with a 300. The SV goes from 2,00x to 10,00x and the player won't expect that at all. If they ever expect something, it's that this is a 1/2 slider or even a 1/4 with a repeat, ending on a red tick, but this is 1/8, lol.
just wanna point out something: yes, it IS possible to hit with a 300, but you need to hit closer to the left border of the circle.

i don't often mod std bc im terrible at it but i like the top diff and and some things caught my eye

00:22:140 (5,6) - what warrants this massive jump here? since there isn't a significant change in the song, so this seems somewhat random.
00:41:974 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - though this isn't too difficult to hit, it flows awkwardly considering all other streams are linear, so it's not really expected by players, and considering it has a 1/4 jump to 00:42:474 (7), it's tough to get it on time. you could change this in a way so it flows better onto the slider (id give a good example but im terrible at std patterns but something like this maybe? https://idealsu.s-ul.eu/pevmRATU)
00:44:641 (1,1,1,1) - could move the first slider's sliderhead to x:240 y:108 and make something like this https://idealsu.s-ul.eu/bUQ6VFpU to even the spacing out
00:49:974 (1,1,1,1,1,1) - this is quite difficult to read well because the spacing is pretty weird on these notes, you could adjust them to a space increasing zigzag-like motion so it'd be easier to discern whether this is 1/2 or 1/3, especially for sightreading
01:30:890 (5,6,1,2,3) - could ctrl+g the sliders and stack the previous circles on their adjusted sliderheads so it wouldn't be as awkward of a jump since both following notes are 1/4.
01:50:973 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - yikes, rip acc for anyone who tries to actually play this (rip my 99%). 1/4 seems to work well rhythm and playability wise for the sliderends, so you could change it
01:54:890 (8) - why is this note broken off the stream? https://idealsu.s-ul.eu/vrgg7s7E give this a shot, imo it works better

i have no idea how rankable this is for nowadays' criteria but i hope you can manage. good luck!

edit: might wanna change Charles’ diff’s name to indicate what is his diff or at least add it in desc
ScubDomino

welcome back!
Kyouren
Welcome back, legendary mapper of osu <3
MaridiuS
Don't mod anymore until map is transfered to mv2. That will be done after all posts are addressed and we will provide a link for the old thread for you to recheck stuff and post them on mv2 in case you're not satisfied with the reply.
Joe Castle
Good news this map is on track again :)

Good luck and best wishes for soulfear and this beatmap :lol:
NeNe_GoShyuJiN
GOGOGOGO
Uta
maridius saved mapping
KecHik445
Go!
milr_
Niceeeeeee Welcome back I love your style <3