forum

Miki Sayaka vs. Miki Sayaka (fw. Miki Sayaka) - squartatrice

posted
Total Posts
show more
Shohei Ohtani
Man this could have used about like 30 more mods before getting ranked.

Like man you can't just dig something out of 2011 and have it sit well in 2018. There's things that have been fundamentally improved in 2018 that need to be addressed and worked through before you actually rank shit in the current meta.

Yes there's an understanding that it's an older style and that is appreciated but also like man.

Especially with these lower difficulties. Like oh man having a 1/1 slider with 2 repeats on it that's really fucking enjoyable lmao.
Karen

CDFA wrote:

Especially with these lower difficulties. Like oh man having a 1/1 slider with 2 repeats on it that's really fucking enjoyable lmao.

it is exactly the 2018 meta
Mismagius
honestly this would be pretty cool if it was a 2009 unranked map made by ignorethis or something, idk. it's actually a kinda fun map, and i say this as an old map lover.

however, trying to pass this map as a "relic from old times, 2011 map yeah!!!" would fit much better the loved section than the ranked section. not to mention this map did not fit 2011 ranking standards, did not fit 2015 ranking standards when you tried to get it ranked, and does not fit 2018 ranking standards.

i'd be supportive of moving this map to the loved section, but yeah, i'm not sure if we even have ranking standards at this point.
Ataraxia
good map

there nothing wrong with it.
Kroytz

Mishima Yurara wrote:

oh my Goodnessssssss Krotyz on osu u saw this map 3 yrs ago Dont lie....................................................
ok but can you tell me what the map is following lmaooooo
Uberzolik

Kroytz wrote:

Mishima Yurara wrote:

oh my Goodnessssssss Krotyz on osu u saw this map 3 yrs ago Dont lie....................................................
ok but can you tell me what the map is following lmaooooo
its folowing the bms chart - _ _ __ _ -
Nevo
I actually did read the thread and it's basically the same reasons as before 🤔
Shohei Ohtani

Nevo wrote:

I actually did read the thread and it's basically the same reasons as before 🤔
Wow maybe they had valid points then lmao
pimp
there are things in the map that could be different indeed...
regardless of what's gonna happen, i'm glad to see this old styled map was given a chance in the qualified section ^^
Kuron-kun
classical I have some concerns post

[General]
  1. Although the BG isn't an unrankable issue, 640x480 seems to be really far from all background standards nowadays, you can definitelly improve it a lot by picking fan arts or better quality backgrounds.
[Easy]
  1. Can't really see a good reason to have slidertick rate set at 2 as you are literally following the main beats and you aren't either using them to provide hitsounding feedback or anything like that, they're just there to make the combo higher. You also can only hear them clearly at the beginning and ending of the song, which are the calmest parts.
  2. Some NCing inconsistencies like:
    00:13:640 (6) - NC should be here
    00:26:640 - From this section and on some hitsounds are starting on a big white tick, some are starting on a small white tick and that makes it really inconsistent as you don't seem to be following a NC pattern. I'd really like if you could keep them consistent, that's really important for an Easy.
  3. 01:22:974 - Also could find some rhythm inconsistencies here as sometimes you follow the red beats and sometimes, without even changing the section properly, you suddenly start to map the white ticks, which might make if very awkward to play.
  4. 01:22:641 (1) - Not the best idea to start the chorus with a repeat slider, that removes all its emphasis, would be much better if the repeat was actually a circle.
[Normal]
  1. The gap between Easy spread and this one seems to be really high. You didn't use any 1/2s on Easy and you overused a lot here, with the same spacing as the 1/1s on Easy. This really looks more like an Advanced than a Normal to me.
  2. 00:48:640 (6,7,8,9) - 01:27:640 (1,2,3,4,5) - 01:38:307 (1,2,3,4,5) - Unecessary diff spike there as you've been mapping those with repeat sliders or simply with 1/1s instead of 1/2s. Making them only 1/2s circles isn't really the better option there. You should've kept them sliders or 1/1.
  3. 01:22:974 (2) - Should NC due to chorus + new section.
  4. 01:41:640 (1,1) - Recovery time, heh.You know, 1/1 recovery time with a lot of circles is kinda hard to aim for new players.
[Hard]
  1. 00:10:974 (1,2,3,4,5) - Again, unecessary diff spike, this is the calmest part of the song and yet you used a REALLY high 1/1 DS spacing.
  2. 00:34:474 (1,4) - Stacking here kind make these 2 visually overlapped.
  3. 00:52:307 - Might consider adding something here, sounds really empty as you've been following everything on the song.
[Another]
  1. Lots of inconsistent NCs as mentioned in Easy.
  2. Spacing is again really inconsistent, specially on the beginning, where you increase the spacing a lot with proper reasoning, as the song doesn't get stronger or anything at all. A few examples:
    00:09:141 (8,1,2,3,4) - 00:10:474 (8,9) - 00:54:974 (2,1,2) - 01:52:640 (3,4,5,6,7,8) -
[Sayaka]
  1. Literally everything I stated before that's not diff specific.
  2. 01:11:974 - Don't really think the song needs that huge SV suddenly. As it's literally doubling without proper build-up the flow and reading might break a lot.
  3. 01:21:308 (1) - This is literally impossible to hit sightread without breaking, if it's ever possible to hit it with a 300. The SV goes from 2,00x to 10,00x and the player won't expect that at all. If they ever expect something, it's that this is a 1/2 slider or even a 1/4 with a repeat, ending on a red tick, but this is 1/8, lol.
please don't take anything personal here, these are just things I really think they should be addressed before ranking as they might cause severe troubles to reading/flow and, specially, consistency.
MaridiuS
I can understand people saying it looks bad, but I can't understand people that don't understand what is the map following, its like so simple wtf.
Sotarks

MaridiuS wrote:

I can understand people saying it looks bad, but I can't understand people that don't understand what is the map following, its like so simple wtf.
I have trouble understanding what you are trying to make us understand the understanding.
Pachiru
No need to be so salty, it's just a map guys, it's just a map, chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill uhh
You guys are taking this game so seriously xd
MaridiuS

Cloudchaser wrote:

Even if people says that it was made in 2011, not even the maps from that time were so inconsistent as this one. And not because it's too old we should justify bad mapping, for qualify, I mean.
If all you people would actually criticize the map for all those errors that would be sweet as you might do something useful that way.
Karen
qualified =/= ranked
i qualified this because i think it deserves a chance after i testplayed it, if you do think it's not suitable for being ranked, play it and explain why, stop shitplsting.

for people who compare it with loved maps:
loved section is either for maps that no bns could judge or maps that contain unrankable patterms, this map doesnt fit
Kin
greetings!
there's still some part which i cannot understand, so if you're willing to explain me.

[Sayaka]

1. 00:03:641 (8,9,1) - might be caused by grid, stack, whatever, minor thing, but I still wonder why you're using a lil higher spacing for 00:03:641 (8,9) - when the stanza is clearly on 00:03:974 (1) - . ik 00:03:974 (1) - is emphasized with your stack, however, spacing from 00:03:808 (9,1) - is the same as 00:02:641 (1,2,3,4,5) - while 00:03:641 (8,9) - is different for a reason idk.
  2. 00:07:141 (5,6) - 00:07:641 (8,9) - any reason why the structure from the 2 are really different when they are pretty similar in pitch? You're currently using a linear flow 00:06:974 (4,5,6,7) - here when 00:07:141 (5,6) - has a pretty strong piano note which is pretty similar to this one 00:07:641 (8,9) - . However, the 2nd one does have emphasis while the 1st one has none. Using a different structure could have been okay if you managed to actually use something "ascending".
  3. 00:14:640 (1,2) - according to your focus ; which is piano (i think), starting the jump 2 circles jump here 00:14:974 (3) - would have more sense since the crescendo is starting here: 00:14:974 (3) - . The stanza here 00:14:640 (1) - might justify the fact you're "breaking your flow" but the current jump doesnt really make sense with the other which are clearly mapped on the build up/crescendo.
  4. 00:15:974 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - the feeling is actually quite good/ok. However, you're currently using the same flow for a decrescendo & a build up. I'm not saying you should use the same thing when the music is the same & something different when it's different, but in this case, when it's a pattern right after the other, it only create inconsistency.
  5. 00:24:640 (1) - Using a circular flow in this case doesnt goes well with the fact the music is something like stopping right here 00:24:640 (1) - . Having the whole pattern starting from the top left from this note 00:24:474 (1) - would have more sense. 00:24:474 (1,1,2,1,2,1,2) - is just a simple circular flow with constant DS while this note 00:24:474 (1) - doesnt belong to the next part.
  6. 00:51:390 (1) - idk why the spacing emphasis is on this one. you even yourself use on whistle on this 00:51:474 (2) - for the melody. & the drum is just 1/4 earlier. even in bms they just use stairs & the jump/hand on 1/1. btw, it's even inconsistent with the fact you're currently using a spacing emphasis on 8 here 00:51:974 (8,9,10) - which is on white tick (drum kick or violon/melody)

if you can at least explain what I mentionned with a proper reasoning ; I will not have to check the whole spread.
Eni
Let's keep this thread on topic, please. Remember that the posts made here must abide by the Code of Conduct.

Constructive criticism is welcome, but please explain why you feel certain parts of the map need to be changed instead of saying "this map sucks", which doesn't help anyone.
LowAccuracySS

Karen wrote:

qualified =/= ranked
i qualified this because i think it deserves a chance after i testplayed it, if you do think it's not suitable for being ranked, play it and explain why, stop shitplsting. ok i do agree that the shitposting needs to stop, but 80% of the posts are people asking how this even got through the process in the first place. There are now multiple mods, and I will be joining that after i post this.

loved section is either for maps that no bns could judge or maps that contain unrankable patterms, this map doesnt fit i agree somewhat, but this map still needs a lot of work before it's even remotely ready imo.

edit: placeholder and took out some harsh words
Cloudchaser

MaridiuS wrote:

Cloudchaser wrote:

Even if people says that it was made in 2011, not even the maps from that time were so inconsistent as this one. And not because it's too old we should justify bad mapping, for qualify, I mean.
If all you people would actually criticize the map for all those errors that would be sweet as you might do something useful that way.
As if it was of my business at all to actually mod this... But well, Another difficult could be done way much better. The intro, specially these parts 00:03:474 (6,7,8) - , 00:06:808 (2,3,4) - 00:08:308 (3,4,5) - just ignore the 1/4 beats but they use that rhythm here 00:10:474 (8,9) - (and it also has a ridiculous spacing too) and 00:12:807 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - as well

The another diff has a lot of patterns problem, even NCs and Hitsound, basic stuff that I don't find possible like to be qualified or something.
-> 00:26:640 - NC should be added here due of downbeats plus new rhythm marked by the finish hitsound
-> 00:26:640 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4) - This part doesn't have a single jump or DS change, like "straight" patterns, but instead in 00:29:307 (1,2,3) - used jumps for the same part. It would be much better if he follows the piano.
->00:38:307 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19) - Huge combos could be useful in some cases, like streams but it also can be a misleading while playing. My suggestion is to add NC 00:39:307 - so it would have more sense with the piano.
->00:42:307 (6) - Actually this kickslider doesn't work here, the 1/4 stream begins here at 00:42:474 - until 00:42:640 -

Some parts are undermapped, other overmapped... I don't really want to post a wall.
Sieg

Karen wrote:

qualified =/= ranked
i qualified this because i think it deserves a chance after i testplayed it, if you do think it's not suitable for being ranked, play it and explain why, stop shitplsting.

loved section is either for maps that no bns could judge or maps that contain unrankable patterms, this map doesnt fit
True. Let me explain few things. You found it funny after testplaying - that's great, that's 1st step, next you have to do it's to make sure it fits ranking standards -have reasonable playbility\spread\structure\proper hitsounding. On this step you could ask yourself if this beatmap structured well - it obviously lacks with randomly patterns\flow\transitions (lot of them mentioned already, even back then) pretending to be 2008 or whatever style, while as example actual "newmade old style" maps in ranked section don't. On third step you could ask yourself - hm I'm on probation period maybe that because I tend do something wrong with controversial stuff and ask for support\opinions before community apeshit on this.

Also the last one - your assumptions about Loved are wrong, if it's picked by map selectors and voted by community it can go through.

cheers, hope this helps in your bn life
Kite
Cool to see this qualified again, hope it gets through this time. Pretty fun and challenging map.
anna apple

LowAccuracySS wrote:

Do I need to mod it? Oh, wait a minute. Whenever anybody mods it, small suggestions get fixed and major issues get a response like:

these aren't really valid mods, just saying you think the map is bad has no contribution to the improving the map, and there is nothing inherently wrong with overmapping either since mappers like skystar have made famous maps with this technique. So in some cases I can't quite agree that this map has been actually modded before if these are the kind of mods that have occurred.
LowAccuracySS

imbor wrote:

LowAccuracySS wrote:

Do I need to mod it? Oh, wait a minute. Whenever anybody mods it, small suggestions get fixed and major issues get a response like:

these aren't really valid mods, just saying you think the map is bad has no contribution to the improving the map, and there is nothing inherently wrong with overmapping either since mappers like skystar have made famous maps with this technique. So in some cases I can't quite agree that this map has been actually modded before if these are the kind of mods that have occurred.
fair enough. gonna mod it in a second anyway :^)
Cloudchaser

imbor wrote:

LowAccuracySS wrote:

Saying just "no" , "It's my style", "it's not overmapped", it's not even close to be an excuse. The problem nowadays is that the mapper play defensive to criticism. In other hand, some BN are too mild respect to subjective aspects. So, in the end, technically for the mapper NOTHING IS WRONG, because it is the mapper's style. Where goes the modders opinion? where's the criteria? where goes the quality content?
jeanbernard8865
Do you guys realise that complaining about the map without bringing in any constructive criticism is completely useless ? If you do think there are issues with it, feel free to post a mod explaining why you don't think this map is fit for a ranking standard bringing in objective arguments for why the concept was not executed properly.

It's a really hard map to judge, though. You've been warned.
Kuron-kun
let's just wait for any response from either the QAT or soulfear, as me and Kin provided a lot of explanation about why we find some things questionable and how they should be properly fixed.

unnecessary comments won't help with positive feedback from both parts.
Mismagius

Karen wrote:

no they arent, wtf, ask toy or anyone involved with the loved section.

loved maps are maps that the community likes and for one reason or another weren't able to get ranked. it says nothing about being explicitly unrankable.

also:

https://twitter.com/ToybickIer/status/9 ... 7121236992

discussion over, guys. soulfear apparently wants the map to get loved instead of ranked as well.
Cloudchaser

AyanokoRin wrote:

Do you guys realise that complaining about the map without bringing in any constructive criticism is completely useless ? If you do think there are issues with it, feel free to post a mod explaining why you don't think this map is fit for a ranking standard bringing in objective arguments for why the concept was not executed properly.

It's a really hard map to judge, though. You've been warned.
soulfear has a lot to answer here for now, so we gotta wait.

thx BD
C00L
Hello,

[Stuff you should consider looking over]
  1. I do have some concerns to state but that will come later. Firtly though, I'd like to point out that the mapper has ignored a lot of previous mod posts, here's and example of a couple of mods being absolutely ignored but credited (kudosu'd) for some reason p/4094135 and p/4096283 . Mismagius' mod being ignored was actually quite a shame, mostly because of the fact that all the things he mentioned are still relevant to the map itself today. Nothing much has changed, plus the mod being ignored breaks the 12th Beatmap nominator rule for nominations, If the mapper doesn't respond then the map will have to be DQ'd for at least a forced response. It's a shame that the BN's involved in this set haven't read through the thread.
  2. This is sort of an unproven point that I'm about to make but I strongly believe that your video offset is off by quite a large amount of ms. Considering the music changes at 00:10:641 (1) - is fine, but the videos theme doesn't change until ~00:10:703- . Another example of this can be seen at 01:33:640 (9) - where the frame change doesn't happen till ~01:33:723 - .I'm not sure how accurate the video files have to be nor where the original video comes from, but according to the RC video files need to accurately represent the song hence why the offset needs to be adjusted for the video files. If the video was custom made for this map then those points above are just some of the examples that misrepresent the song because of pretty big delays. Again without a original source of the video this point stands invalid, but I'm requesting for you to link the original video file from, or alternatively answer why the delays are so big because the song doesn't show such delays in the music.
[My suggestions]

Imo the lower diffs exluding Another are fine the way they are, they seem reasonable for what they're doing

(Another)
  1. 00:08:141 (2,3) - I can kinda see why you're ignoring the blue tick sounds on notes like this, this is fine imo but following that logic you're making 00:08:641 (5) - feel out of place. In my understanding you're following the piano here so to make (5) match it's musical strength, I think it would be better if you 00:08:308 (3,4) - ctrl+g this pattern that way the the (3) would receive the lower intensity because of the song dying out on the piano and from that point onwards (4) and (5) would be represented in a increasing spacing manner which would show more clearly what you're trying to map to. Considering something similar was done here 00:09:641 (3,4) - with (5) having the highest impact on the gameplay. Another solution to keeping your ds constant at notes like these would be to do something similar to this that way consistency would be kept alongside the next pattern.
  2. 00:49:974 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - although I see that one of the themes of the map is based around readability, it still makes it un-readable even to the best players (that haven't been familiar with the song). This is mostly due to the fact that this pattern shares really similar spacing with 00:30:307 (1,2,3,4,5) - and I'm guessing you wanted to make this pattern stand out as a 1/3 stream by increasing the spacing, but because it's so similar to the 30 second mark pattern it makes the pattern almost impossible to distinguish from a 1/4 to a 1/3. I would suggest you to do something similar like you did in the Sayaka diff 00:49:974 (1,1,1,1,1,1) - but I can see that you wanted this diff to be a bit more of a old-school reading challenge. So instead I would suggest that you either decrease the spacing at 00:30:307 (1,2,3,4,5) - just by a little (this would affect quite a lot more of the patterns as well) another option would be to increasing the spacing of 00:49:974 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - by a much bigger amount so that the players will more clearly know that this pattern is spaced higher therefore will expect something different without being too familiar with the song.
  3. 01:21:307 (4) - There's a change of hitsounding sample through-out the slider here, not sure if that was intended because it still follows similar sounds from the 01:21:307 (4) - so I suppose leaving it on the normal sample and just decreasing the volume would be much better than changing a sample through-out the slider
  4. 01:52:640 (3,4) - These circles are really unexpected considering their spacing and placement, mostly because this is a first for such 1/4 patterns in this map. Although it fits in it's section I think you could have introduced it in a much calmer way in the previous song section here 01:46:307 (1,2) - by adding a circle on the blue tick (at which there is a sound) in a manner that will introduce the player to the coming up patterns, this is in a much calmer section as well so doing this is a calm way of showing what's coming
(Sayaka)
  1. 00:22:307 (6) - out of all the patterns that emphasise the strong piano sound ( 00:20:307 (3,1) - like these do for example) only this one stands out because of it's absurd spacing. I can see that you are forming a star pattern with these note placements but imo the spacing of (6) is too much and it clearly doesn't fit the intended intensity that you were going for in this section, it's only this one that really stands out on it's own. This makes your structure and pattern placement seem rather random which is why i suggest you to re-arrange the pattern a little so that it matches with the rest of the sections patterns and their intended intensities. I suggest you to ctrl+g 00:22:307 (6,7) - that way the flow change onto 00:22:640 (1) - with the new sounds will be much more noticed and the intensity on (6) will be much more matching to the rest of the patterns beforehand
  2. 00:37:640 (1,2,3,4) - this pattern is the only one which follows different flow from the rest of the patterns like 00:35:640 (1,2,3,4) - etc. It doesn't makes sense considering that the music hasn't changed it's melody still at this point therefore keeping the flow the same would reflect that as well as the rest of the patterns did. I would suggest you change it and maybe place it something similar to this, I see no reason why this flow should change considering what the music offers hasn't changed and is just ruining your theme of symmetry
  3. 00:42:390 (6,7) - Up until this point in the map there was no indication that this sort of extreme jump was going to happen, on top of that the representation of the pattern is really poor, but although it's represented poorly your theme was to make the map read and not played I suppose. I can agree with this to some degree considering that the next section afterwards is the "technical" part of the map, where a lot of fast sliders are used according to the music. But then again I can't agree with the spacing you have used considering how 00:42:140 (3) - you mapped such a similar sound (almost identical) with such low spacing and emphasis and 00:42:474 (7) - this sound with such high spacing which was almost identical to (3) in terms of the music. The fact that the slider leads onto another section is one thing, but 00:42:474 (7) - is still not in the 00:42:641 (1,1) - music section so making it such a jump doesn't fit considering how intense the previous section was. I strongly suggest you nerf this spacing by a lot, placing the note at x:132 y:332 actually makes it seem really justified and much more playable. You could also consider NC'ing this object so that the lead into 00:42:641 (1) - makes more sense and new stuff will be more expected.
  4. 01:40:973 (13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20) - these sounds also have these "bends" every 1/4 ticks like 01:35:640 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - I would suggest you to actually show that in the second patternbecause comparing that pattern to 01:39:973 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - really makes (13) seem really bland even though music suggests this to be otherwise. I am mainly suggesting this because you've only represented this sort of sound once in such a way and because this is the new section doing something similar to 01:27:640 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - woudn't fit here
  5. 01:54:890 (8,1) - the way you spaced this pattern is really wrong, this is especially heard when compared to the music. The blue tick sound at 01:54:890 (8) - has the least intense sound out of all 01:54:307 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - therefore spacing (8) higher makes no sense. I would suggest you to decrease the spacing here to something that will represent the music better, also if the change is made then move 01:55:140 (2) - to have consistent spacing with the rest of the piano sounds that you are following there.
  6. 01:56:973 (1) - Although the piano sound is really strong here it really makes it overspaced this is especially seen when comparing to the next pattern at 01:58:973 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - which has higher intense piano sounds which feels really underspaced. I think ctrl+g'ing 01:56:973 (1,2) - this pattern will give (1)
    better spacing making it feel more comfortable and fitting with the ending section as well as making 01:57:307 (1) - more emphasised

[Conclusion]
Imo the map lacks quality not modern pp maps quality but overall pattern and structure quality. Maps like this ofc will be enjoyed by many, but not in today's ranked section. Don't get me wrong the map itself isn't that horrible as people address it to be, it just doesn't fit today's needs and tbh I doubt it fitted players needs ever since you tried ranking it again 3 years ago. It received similar backslash that it did today, the map's theme that if I understand correctly were symmetry 00:21:640 (2,3,6,7,1,2,3,4,1,2) - ,readability 00:42:390 (6,7) - , "technical" attributes 00:47:807 (1,1,1,1,1) - and change in spacing according to the music's sections 01:01:307 (1) - , even though they are clearly stated imo they still require a bunch of improvements imo, mostly because of the fact of how old the map is quality wasn't much of a factor back then (let's not kid each other here). Don't get me wrong I understand that this map is a old-school map so I'm not suggesting you to completely re-map this from scratch and map it in a way like Doormat of byfar would, because that wouldn't reflect how you wanted to map the song, but consider making changes that will benefit the map in it's intended structure.
Topic Starter
soulfear

Kuron-kun wrote:

let's just wait for any response from either the QAT or soulfear, as me and Kin provided a lot of explanation about why we find some things questionable and how they should be properly fixed.

Before you guys post mod posts,please read the old pages of the topic,there are may the same mod of yours,and also Me&Charles445 responed them already,it's no need to answer again again and again,and now here is AM 5:55,I need to sleep first qwq
Stjpa

soulfear wrote:

Kuron-kun wrote:

Before you guys post mod posts,please read the old pages of the topic,there are may the same mod of yours,and also Me&Charles445 responed them already,it's no need to answer again again and again,and now here is AM 5:55,I need to sleep first qwq
Or just answer them because who wants to read 20+ pages? Also, if things get mentioned over and over and over, don't you think it's time to change something? Just because a lot of time passed since the last qualification with no changes made after the disqualification it doesn't mean you can just try it again without doing anything at all, of course people will point out the same things again...
Zetera
I will be moderating this thread more harshly now. I ask of you to keep up politeness standards, everything else will be removed.

This map has been in the same position about two years ago, and a repetition of the same drama is absolutely not necessary. As has been said before, mod the map or don't comment on it here.
Topic Starter
soulfear

Stjpa wrote:

Or just answer them because who wants to read 20+ pages? Also, if things get mentioned over and over and over, don't you think it's time to change something? Just because a lot of time passed since the last qualification with no changes made after the disqualification it doesn't mean you can just try it again without doing anything at all, of course people will point out the same things again...
Read the whole topic is QAT&BN or good modder's work first right?
Shohei Ohtani

soulfear wrote:

Stjpa wrote:

Read the whole topic is QAT&BN or good modder's work first right?
I really don't want to sound mean since I'm legitimately not being snarky but I have no what you mean by this
Topic Starter
soulfear

CDFA wrote:

I really don't want to sound mean since I'm legitimately not being snarky but I have no what you mean by this
Sorry,I maen,if any people don't like some parts but they're rankable,please read old pages,probably I or charles445 have responed them why I make them like that already,and also sorry about my poor English that I can't anwser them agian&again qwq
Shohei Ohtani

soulfear wrote:

CDFA wrote:

Sorry,I maen,if any people don't like some parts but they're rankable,please read old pages,probably I or charles445 have responed them why I make them like that already,and also sorry about my poor English that I can't anwser them agian&again qwq
That's fine about your English that's why I wanted to clarify what you meant before people responded.

Anyways I'll give a response to this in a bit, currently in class
Stjpa

soulfear wrote:

CDFA wrote:

The problem is with this attitude everyone could basically rank everything and just use excuses for literally everything. This game is a community-driven game so all you can do is changing what other people want to see changed, unless you manage to convince them with your explanations. If they keep questioning your ideas after explaining it to them then there is something wrong most likely. I for myself definitely wouldn't go back multiple pages just to check one out of many possible timestamps, which is understandable I suppose. But since you wanna go for Loved instead of Ranked (apparently) this discussion doesn't matter too much I guess
anna apple

Stjpa wrote:

The problem is with this attitude everyone could basically rank everything and just use excuses for literally everything. This game is a community-driven game so all you can do is changing what other people want to see changed, unless you manage to convince them with your explanations. If they keep questioning your ideas after explaining it to them then there is something wrong most likely. I for myself definitely wouldn't go back multiple pages just to check one out of many possible timestamps, which is understandable I suppose. But since you wanna go for Loved instead of Ranked (apparently) this discussion doesn't matter too much I guess
There are many examples of "community driven events" that are extremely prejudiced, this kind of argument is ridiculous. Can we please stick to properly modding this mapset

anyways the community is really big with many differing opinions, its not like because some people who are "community members" say they don't like this map doesn't not validate them.
Monstrata
Like I said, Charles' social experiment to see if people will believe this is a good map just because he said so xD.

The good points of the map: it has some fun patterns when the map is playable. The flow makes sense most of the time. There are cool 1/4 jump patterns (but also some cancer ones).

Bad points of the map: what is aesthetics. not very playable in many aspects. most patterns are "average" to "low quality" either due to playability concerns, wide angles, or combination of visuals and weird spacings. 1/4's that aren't cool are cancer.

It's not inherently a bad map, but it's not inherently a good map too. It's average at best. Depending on what you value in maps, your opinion will of course sway. If you think ""poor visuals / awkward movements" can be overlooked if the pattern seems "fun to play" for you, that's great. Everyone interprets "fun to play" differently. If you don't care much about visuals, then you might be more forgiving about this map's quality. On the other hand, if you care a lot about visuals, playability, and think the patterns used in this map are generally average to low quality, you would be correct to say this map needs a lot of work.

Me? I find it hypocritical to dq mod other people's maps if I don't like it when people dq mod my maps, or maps that I think are subjectively good quality, so I will stay out.
_handholding
just gonna say this

Easy would be better with spaced 1/1 beats
show more