general
add gders to description, so people know who made which diff
OK

sayaka
01:21:308 (10) - unsnapped
FIXED
UndeadCapulet
time for a history lesson

this map is 7 years old, and was qualified multiple times three years ago: p/4073716 , p/4092407

it's seen a variety of opinions, but among those opinions are a not insignificant amount of support from established community names, including the first Aspire contest winner and superfamous modder Charles445, who showed his support to such extremes that he made a mapspread difficulty on the off-chance it got dq'd for spread issues

this set has had lots of support throughout the years, and even today sees it from people such as Karen, the MCA 2016 winner and well-established bn, who plans to qualify it.

the object placements are all logical and elaborated on, and can be read all about throughout fear's and charles' posts in the thread (tho some screenshot links are probably broken by now). big tldr is that the map draws a lot of arrangements from the song's respective BMS chart, and it foregos standard subjective "aesthetics" concepts in favour of more gameplay-driven arranges (and its from 2011 so looks more like those visual styles)

the objective issues from the previous dq's, such as the timesig stuff and the spread stuff, are all fixed, and the subjective issues were disputed enough for my liking. rebubbled, let's get this back on track
anna apple
<3
Xinnoh
wen dos xexar arriv
Kuron-kun
yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Joe Castle
Old but gold
milr_
OMG
MaridiuS

Sinnoh wrote:

wen dos xexar arriv
who xexar i know only XR

edit: I have some concerns.

[sayaka]

1. 00:10:646 - From this onwards I feel like the offset should be moved by +15. I notice it like everywhere that the map goes before the song, map should be snapped to the peak of the sound, not the start of it.

2. 00:41:974 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - So this pattern is quite questionable firstly because 00:42:140 (3,4) - the jump on (4) is something I don't understand when its not any particularly high piano pitch and 00:42:140 (3,5) - 3 or 5 are much stronger. A good idea would be to have a jump on 5 and also make it a 1/4 slider since its the same sound as 00:42:474 (7) - ending up with something like this https://i.imgur.com/s86PnTr.jpg . Second, 00:42:390 (6,7) - this jump is ridiculously large and in no way can I see anyone reading it and playing it correctly on first try. So if you end up disagreeing with my first suggestion somehow, then please tone down this jump A LOT.
  3. 01:10:474 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4) - I'm sorry but this seems like pure overmap, I don't hear any 1/4 sounds, you're better off doing some 1/4 sliders.
  4. 01:21:308 (10) - Okay I analyzed its playability by countless retries and here are the results. Firstly https://i.imgur.com/spztenH.png The black border on the top shows in which places the player will get a combo break if he hits over the line. The idea that a player doesn't have room to click anywhere on the circle to get a 300 goes so much against the game that it should only be considered in aspire contests tbh. Further more a player will naturally move his cursor up when he sees that slider to follow it as its in the nature of the game therefore a guaranteed slider break. It's just a pattern that plays weird and gives little control to the player of the outcome.
  5. 01:32:473 - Since there are drums, doing a rhythm such as this https://i.imgur.com/D3nCaE1.png will much better represent a layer switch because you mapped drums here 01:32:973 - .
  6. 01:42:307 (1,2,3,1) - Another 1/4 jumps that comes really out of nowhere. My suggestion is either to remove this note 01:42:473 (3) - or do something like this https://i.imgur.com/jSZvbwN.png as I don't see any appeal in your jump for such a weak sound.
  7. 01:50:973 - The music here seems to be snapped on 1/6 or 1/12 timing. I tried a rhythm like this https://i.imgur.com/Omxr28G.png and it seems like its on point with the song, so please try doing that rhythm and try to make something that you will maybe like, mistimed notes are meh.
  8. 02:00:807 (3) - Ignoring the loud 1/4 blue tick piano just seems weird in gameplay especially if you followed less impactful sounds like here 01:55:473 - in the same section. How about a 1/4 slider reversed?
Topic Starter
soulfear

MaridiuS wrote:

Sinnoh wrote:

wen dos xexar arriv
who xexar i know only XR

edit: I have some concerns.

[sayaka]

1. 00:10:646 - From this onwards I feel like the offset should be moved by +15. I notice it like everywhere that the map goes before the song, map should be snapped to the peak of the sound, not the start of it.

Timing is OK,won't change it,see the past of topic.

2. 00:41:974 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - So this pattern is quite questionable firstly because 00:42:140 (3,4) - the jump on (4) is something I don't understand when its not any particularly high piano pitch and 00:42:140 (3,5) - 3 or 5 are much stronger. A good idea would be to have a jump on 5 and also make it a 1/4 slider since its the same sound as 00:42:474 (7) - ending up with something like this https://i.imgur.com/s86PnTr.jpg . Second, 00:42:390 (6,7) - this jump is ridiculously large and in no way can I see anyone reading it and playing it correctly on first try. So if you end up disagreeing with my first suggestion somehow, then please tone down this jump A LOT.

Ok fixed.

3. 01:10:474 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4) - I'm sorry but this seems like pure overmap, I don't hear any 1/4 sounds, you're better off doing some 1/4 sliders.

It's not overmap.

4. 01:21:308 (10) - Okay I analyzed its playability by countless retries and here are the results. Firstly https://i.imgur.com/spztenH.png The black border on the top shows in which places the player will get a combo break if he hits over the line. The idea that a player doesn't have room to click anywhere on the circle to get a 300 goes so much against the game that it should only be considered in aspire contests tbh. Further more a player will naturally move his cursor up when he sees that slider to follow it as its in the nature of the game therefore a guaranteed slider break. It's just a pattern that plays weird and gives little control to the player of the outcome.

It's not hard to me to get 300 and also not hard to skillful players to get 300,and also it brings me awesome feeling.

5. 01:32:473 - Since there are drums, doing a rhythm such as this https://i.imgur.com/D3nCaE1.png will much better represent a layer switch because you mapped drums here 01:32:973 - .

I don't think so:p,just keep them.

6. 01:42:307 (1,2,3,1) - Another 1/4 jumps that comes really out of nowhere. My suggestion is either to remove this note 01:42:473 (3) - or do something like this https://i.imgur.com/jSZvbwN.png as I don't see any appeal in your jump for such a weak sound.

Players who play the map and follow the song and my flow can easily read these so it's not a prolem and not hard to read and hit and also it's awesome.

7. 01:50:973 - The music here seems to be snapped on 1/6 or 1/12 timing. I tried a rhythm like this https://i.imgur.com/Omxr28G.png and it seems like its on point with the song, so please try doing that rhythm and try to make something that you will maybe like, mistimed notes are meh.

Yes,I miss it,thank you.

8. 02:00:807 (3) - Ignoring the loud 1/4 blue tick piano just seems weird in gameplay especially if you followed less impactful sounds like here 01:55:473 - in the same section. How about a 1/4 slider reversed?

I keep them.
UndeadCapulet
there was a bunch of pm'ing that happened, maridius said rebubbling was ok now
Cubby
why why why why why
[Crz]Makii
gooooooo
Monstrata

UndeadCapulet wrote:

it's seen a variety of opinions, but among those opinions are a not insignificant amount of support from established community names, including the first Aspire contest winner and superfamous modder Charles445, who showed his support to such extremes that he made a mapspread difficulty on the off-chance it got dq'd for spread issues

this set has had lots of support throughout the years, and even today sees it from people such as Karen, the MCA 2016 winner and well-established bn, who plans to qualify it.
95% sure this was Charles' social experiment to see if he could make people think a very questionable set was actually high quality just because The Great Charles445 said it was xD. My recommendation, don't think a set is good just because people who are respected in the community think it's good.

As another Aspire contest winner, and one who has dwarfed Charles' accomplishments, I can say this set is okay.
UndeadCapulet
i mean, my bubbling was only based on my own opinion of the map's quality, i just wanted to show how other established people shared that opinion, since there are a lot of new faces around. and there are more than just charles supporting this, i just didnt want to list a long stream of names so i used the most well-known one that came to mind
MaridiuS

Monstrata wrote:

UndeadCapulet wrote:

95% sure this was Charles' social experiment to see if he could make people think a very questionable set was actually high quality just because The Great Charles445 said it was xD. My recommendation, don't think a set is good just because people who are respected in the community think it's good.

As another Aspire contest winner, and one who has dwarfed Charles' accomplishments, I can say this set is okay.
just a prank bro smh
Mismagius

Monstrata wrote:

lmao

i don't think you guys need to take monstrata's "opinions" seriously btw, at this point it's just better to ignore
Venix
Hello~!

I think metadata is wrong, probably should be using "gmtn. vs. kozato (fw. LUZE)" in artist field instead.

Here are references:
  1. http://gmtn.sub.jp/gumtune/ gmtn. official site
  2. https://soundcloud.com/gmtn/gmtn-web-album-gumtune gmtn. official soundcloud
You should fix it or link any official reference where you got a current metadata. Good luck!
Topic Starter
soulfear

Venix wrote:

Hello~!

I think metadata is wrong, probably should be using "gmtn. vs. kozato (fw. LUZE)" in artist field instead.

Here are references:
  1. http://gmtn.sub.jp/gumtune/ gmtn. official site
  2. https://soundcloud.com/gmtn/gmtn-web-album-gumtune gmtn. official soundcloud
You should fix it or link any official reference where you got a current metadata. Good luck!
Thank you for reminding,I have added ルゼP(ruze,luze)in tags because ruze is not the artist of the song,he is just the tutor of last phrase part,well,now just waiting for Karen back home and check if fix it.
Kaine
CHARLES MAP RANK IN 2018 LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hard
01:21:308 - two timing points with two different voluem and hs settings its not unrankable but i point out anyways
UndeadCapulet
Miki Sayaka
Karen
discussed a bit with mapper and we ended up fixing the metadata and some nc issues, everything should be ready to go, will qualify after 24 hours

metadata reference: http://manbow.nothing.sh/event/event.cg ... 9&event=74

if anyone has more concerns be sure to point out them as soon as possible
Kuron-kun
Miki Sayaka.
Nikki Arnette

This map finally gets ranked?
Karen
dd
Kroytz
as someone who has never saw this map before, what exactly is the map trying to follow? spacing and rhythm inconsistencies all over the place... lack of structure... almost looks like someone's first map tbh lol but okay xD
Foxy Grandpa

Kroytz wrote:

as someone who has never saw this map before, what exactly is the map trying to follow? spacing and rhythm inconsistencies all over the place... lack of structure... almost looks like someone's first map tbh lol but okay xD
The fact that something like this is being pushed into the ranked really says a lot about the current quality standards. And the fact that if anybody were to go and point out any "subjective" issues it would be shot down and the person pointing them out would be insulted for "trying to kill the mappers spirit" and all that bs is pretty messed up tbh.

Loving 2018 already
Kuron-kun
i like the song
melloe
good luck on ranking!
Net0

Kroytz wrote:

SnowNiNo_ wrote:

pp compilation is way more better then this LUL

Linada wrote:

at least pp compilation follow the music and has simple aesthetics, this map have nothing to be praised about..
You don't even need to know mapping, literally just read the thread to understand what this map is all about.
Yeah it's not a great map, probably just okay but it's not a random first attempt at mapping, there's a reason this map is done the way it is.
Shohei Ohtani
Man this could have used about like 30 more mods before getting ranked.

Like man you can't just dig something out of 2011 and have it sit well in 2018. There's things that have been fundamentally improved in 2018 that need to be addressed and worked through before you actually rank shit in the current meta.

Yes there's an understanding that it's an older style and that is appreciated but also like man.

Especially with these lower difficulties. Like oh man having a 1/1 slider with 2 repeats on it that's really fucking enjoyable lmao.
Karen

CDFA wrote:

Especially with these lower difficulties. Like oh man having a 1/1 slider with 2 repeats on it that's really fucking enjoyable lmao.

it is exactly the 2018 meta
Mismagius
honestly this would be pretty cool if it was a 2009 unranked map made by ignorethis or something, idk. it's actually a kinda fun map, and i say this as an old map lover.

however, trying to pass this map as a "relic from old times, 2011 map yeah!!!" would fit much better the loved section than the ranked section. not to mention this map did not fit 2011 ranking standards, did not fit 2015 ranking standards when you tried to get it ranked, and does not fit 2018 ranking standards.

i'd be supportive of moving this map to the loved section, but yeah, i'm not sure if we even have ranking standards at this point.
Ataraxia
good map

there nothing wrong with it.
Kroytz

Mishima Yurara wrote:

oh my Goodnessssssss Krotyz on osu u saw this map 3 yrs ago Dont lie....................................................
ok but can you tell me what the map is following lmaooooo
Uberzolik

Kroytz wrote:

Mishima Yurara wrote:

oh my Goodnessssssss Krotyz on osu u saw this map 3 yrs ago Dont lie....................................................
ok but can you tell me what the map is following lmaooooo
its folowing the bms chart - _ _ __ _ -
Nevo
I actually did read the thread and it's basically the same reasons as before 🤔
Shohei Ohtani

Nevo wrote:

I actually did read the thread and it's basically the same reasons as before 🤔
Wow maybe they had valid points then lmao
pimp
there are things in the map that could be different indeed...
regardless of what's gonna happen, i'm glad to see this old styled map was given a chance in the qualified section ^^
show more