soulfear

Shiirn wrote:

hi babe long time no see, nice to see you again
nice to see you again too
_handholding
I love chinese mapping
Topic Starter
soulfear
I wish this map can be rerank,so who can help me?
Nyxa
I love chinese mapping
[Mahua]
我的吗
[Mahua]

fanzhen0019 wrote:

osu needs more soul mapping from the ancient
MeAqua tete
加油 别留下遗憾
Topic Starter
soulfear
Thank you guys
pw384
01:21:307 (1) - 怀念
Anticloud
这个作品的确不应躺在graveyard
Kvantuma Rozo
好几年没玩osu,这图竟然pending了
edit: 祝早日rank
Koiyuki
诈尸啦

然而三年过去了,我已经不能泡了
but 3 years passed, i cant bubble it either.
Topic Starter
soulfear
500年了
yf_bmp
Prove this map can be played by a non-6k-pp player.

But I think the map still need some improvement on nazi so later I will post a mod here.
Topic Starter
soulfear
:P
yf_bmp
[Sayaka]
图是好玩 是一股fear的味道 对于玩家够了

但是作为mapper我还是要写一篇长文
说实话这难度放到现在的话 质量上还是有比较大的问题 就看你乐不乐意改了 我是想让这图以比较高的质量去rank的

有这么几点
1 间距本应等距的地方 却是有那么0.x的偏差 大量出现这会造成图的整洁度下降. 即使是故意摆的 也要有明显的故意的痕迹(比如渐进 或是前后统一等)太过随意很难给人一种高质量图的感觉. 即使是现在的意识流,或者小圈流,或者甚至是模仿你的人,对于图的整洁度也是比较重视的.
【其实改起来不麻烦 随便移移位置就能解决】 推荐考虑一下. 下面会提具体

2 无意识的堆叠十分严重 这些堆叠一看就不是故意的 但是却碰到了 过多的此类问题出现会导致整个图质量直接下降
【其实改起来也不麻烦 也是随便移移位置就能解决】

说几个我认为你的 没那么多上面提的问题,甚至是放到现在也能拿去直接rank的例子(不是全部) 可以参考一下:
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/85852
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/96358
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/50013
Another难度

重点例子:
00:02:641 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - 很多类似这种就很摸不着头脑的排列:他既不是弧形也不是根据节拍四个一组变化的梗. 弧形就罢了,应该不合你的作图风格. 但这个4的位置就很奇怪,为什么不往下一点和前面3个形成直线呢?
好 如果你改了 那要注意00:03:141 (4,5) - 像这种后面的间距肯定是要跟着调整了

00:03:641 (8,9,1) - 摸不着头脑x2:为什么突然分开了? 好,分开也行,00:03:808 (9,1) - 那这个怎么又贴上了呢 (故意的?不,只会给人一种质量不高的感觉),况且它也并不合曲

00:04:141 (2,3) - 看这两个: 大致0.7x 也就是你后面应该遵守的基础间距. 那么问题来了:00:04:141 (2,1) - 这两个并不符合视觉上的0.7x 这就是我一开始提的东西:突然出现了0.x的偏差

00:05:308 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - 再看这一串:粗看不怎么好看 但是仔细体会一下还是有想法在里面的:四个一组的弧形。 好 那么就请看00:05:308 (1,2,3,4) - 这个并不是弧形 需要调整一下

00:06:474 (8,4,5) - 这种就是我提的无意识堆叠 叠的很随意 也没有规律在里面 出现多了就会很乱

00:08:641 (7,8,9,10) - 这里应该是想玩间距逐渐减少的梗,但是摆的并不好看 也不整洁(以及这种:00:07:808 (9,4,5) - 又无意识碰到了)

00:09:641 (3,4,5,6,7) - 只出现了一次这种奇怪形状的串. 不是说不允许 他的确是符合了乐曲中的气氛,但是不好看呀。 的确可以让他强行“好看” 方法就是前后出现类似的形状

↑类似的就是很多问题 我这不多提了 这是对于整个图制作的时候应有的基本思路 如果有问题我可以再说明。上面部分是不改难以拿去rank的
下面说一下我对这图有的地方的梗的改进想法,这些是建议 你可以只参考

00:25:640 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - 根据音乐,调子在降,所以我推荐用逐渐缩小间距的梗而不是增大
00:42:390 (6,7) - 这个间距太勉强了 虽然我打着是挺爽 但一般玩家或者是bn可不这么觉得
00:42:641 (1,1,1) - 这一套做一个比较规律的形状 不要是随便放
00:45:974 (1,2,3,4,1) - 4 1靠近一点,和00:45:807 (1,1) - 类似
00:48:474 (1,1) - 1/8间距这种间距+这个bpm可是会杀人的
00:49:974 (1,1,1,1,1,1) - 建议弧形化
00:58:640 (2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5) - 这两个的弧度应该保持一致
01:13:640 (7) - 这种位置非常尴尬. 他很突兀 他就是不合前后的规律 他就是要去碰前面的滑条
01:22:141 (1,2,3,1,2) - 要更合曲,这些滑条速度应该递减
02:00:807 (3) - 作为玩家角度考虑 这里三连会比较有趣

其他难度我想先放放 我想看看这个难度你怎么说
Anticloud
不如换个思路 看看能不能love
[Mahua]
loved就把1800那个滑条搞回来啊 我觉得没问题的
UndeadCapulet
hello
Fionana
加!油!
Karen
这图放到现在不算难图,也没什么几把梗,01:21:308 - 把这个改了可以rank,另外把yf说的也改改看

就算进坟也别loved,跟垃圾图摆一起很没品

待泡喊我
Topic Starter
soulfear
根据yf的建议,remap了Another的开头,至于其他建议,不作改动。
Topic Starter
soulfear

Karen wrote:

这图放到现在不算难图,也没什么几把梗,01:21:308 - 把这个改了可以rank,另外把yf说的也改改看

就算进坟也别loved,跟垃圾图摆一起很没品

待泡喊我
FIXED。
UndeadCapulet
quick stuff:
general
add gders to description, so people know who made which diff

sayaka
01:21:308 (10) - unsnapped
nothing else to say, set's been ready for rank for years
call me back
Topic Starter
soulfear

UndeadCapulet wrote:

quick stuff:
general
add gders to description, so people know who made which diff
OK

sayaka
01:21:308 (10) - unsnapped
FIXED
UndeadCapulet
time for a history lesson

this map is 7 years old, and was qualified multiple times three years ago: p/4073716 , p/4092407

it's seen a variety of opinions, but among those opinions are a not insignificant amount of support from established community names, including the first Aspire contest winner and superfamous modder Charles445, who showed his support to such extremes that he made a mapspread difficulty on the off-chance it got dq'd for spread issues

this set has had lots of support throughout the years, and even today sees it from people such as Karen, the MCA 2016 winner and well-established bn, who plans to qualify it.

the object placements are all logical and elaborated on, and can be read all about throughout fear's and charles' posts in the thread (tho some screenshot links are probably broken by now). big tldr is that the map draws a lot of arrangements from the song's respective BMS chart, and it foregos standard subjective "aesthetics" concepts in favour of more gameplay-driven arranges (and its from 2011 so looks more like those visual styles)

the objective issues from the previous dq's, such as the timesig stuff and the spread stuff, are all fixed, and the subjective issues were disputed enough for my liking. rebubbled, let's get this back on track
anna apple
<3
Xinnoh
wen dos xexar arriv
Kuron-kun
yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Joe Castle
Old but gold
milr_
OMG
MaridiuS

Sinnoh wrote:

wen dos xexar arriv
who xexar i know only XR

edit: I have some concerns.

[sayaka]

1. 00:10:646 - From this onwards I feel like the offset should be moved by +15. I notice it like everywhere that the map goes before the song, map should be snapped to the peak of the sound, not the start of it.

2. 00:41:974 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - So this pattern is quite questionable firstly because 00:42:140 (3,4) - the jump on (4) is something I don't understand when its not any particularly high piano pitch and 00:42:140 (3,5) - 3 or 5 are much stronger. A good idea would be to have a jump on 5 and also make it a 1/4 slider since its the same sound as 00:42:474 (7) - ending up with something like this https://i.imgur.com/s86PnTr.jpg . Second, 00:42:390 (6,7) - this jump is ridiculously large and in no way can I see anyone reading it and playing it correctly on first try. So if you end up disagreeing with my first suggestion somehow, then please tone down this jump A LOT.
  3. 01:10:474 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4) - I'm sorry but this seems like pure overmap, I don't hear any 1/4 sounds, you're better off doing some 1/4 sliders.
  4. 01:21:308 (10) - Okay I analyzed its playability by countless retries and here are the results. Firstly https://i.imgur.com/spztenH.png The black border on the top shows in which places the player will get a combo break if he hits over the line. The idea that a player doesn't have room to click anywhere on the circle to get a 300 goes so much against the game that it should only be considered in aspire contests tbh. Further more a player will naturally move his cursor up when he sees that slider to follow it as its in the nature of the game therefore a guaranteed slider break. It's just a pattern that plays weird and gives little control to the player of the outcome.
  5. 01:32:473 - Since there are drums, doing a rhythm such as this https://i.imgur.com/D3nCaE1.png will much better represent a layer switch because you mapped drums here 01:32:973 - .
  6. 01:42:307 (1,2,3,1) - Another 1/4 jumps that comes really out of nowhere. My suggestion is either to remove this note 01:42:473 (3) - or do something like this https://i.imgur.com/jSZvbwN.png as I don't see any appeal in your jump for such a weak sound.
  7. 01:50:973 - The music here seems to be snapped on 1/6 or 1/12 timing. I tried a rhythm like this https://i.imgur.com/Omxr28G.png and it seems like its on point with the song, so please try doing that rhythm and try to make something that you will maybe like, mistimed notes are meh.
  8. 02:00:807 (3) - Ignoring the loud 1/4 blue tick piano just seems weird in gameplay especially if you followed less impactful sounds like here 01:55:473 - in the same section. How about a 1/4 slider reversed?
Topic Starter
soulfear

MaridiuS wrote:

Sinnoh wrote:

wen dos xexar arriv
who xexar i know only XR

edit: I have some concerns.

[sayaka]

1. 00:10:646 - From this onwards I feel like the offset should be moved by +15. I notice it like everywhere that the map goes before the song, map should be snapped to the peak of the sound, not the start of it.

Timing is OK,won't change it,see the past of topic.

2. 00:41:974 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - So this pattern is quite questionable firstly because 00:42:140 (3,4) - the jump on (4) is something I don't understand when its not any particularly high piano pitch and 00:42:140 (3,5) - 3 or 5 are much stronger. A good idea would be to have a jump on 5 and also make it a 1/4 slider since its the same sound as 00:42:474 (7) - ending up with something like this https://i.imgur.com/s86PnTr.jpg . Second, 00:42:390 (6,7) - this jump is ridiculously large and in no way can I see anyone reading it and playing it correctly on first try. So if you end up disagreeing with my first suggestion somehow, then please tone down this jump A LOT.

Ok fixed.

3. 01:10:474 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4) - I'm sorry but this seems like pure overmap, I don't hear any 1/4 sounds, you're better off doing some 1/4 sliders.

It's not overmap.

4. 01:21:308 (10) - Okay I analyzed its playability by countless retries and here are the results. Firstly https://i.imgur.com/spztenH.png The black border on the top shows in which places the player will get a combo break if he hits over the line. The idea that a player doesn't have room to click anywhere on the circle to get a 300 goes so much against the game that it should only be considered in aspire contests tbh. Further more a player will naturally move his cursor up when he sees that slider to follow it as its in the nature of the game therefore a guaranteed slider break. It's just a pattern that plays weird and gives little control to the player of the outcome.

It's not hard to me to get 300 and also not hard to skillful players to get 300,and also it brings me awesome feeling.

5. 01:32:473 - Since there are drums, doing a rhythm such as this https://i.imgur.com/D3nCaE1.png will much better represent a layer switch because you mapped drums here 01:32:973 - .

I don't think so:p,just keep them.

6. 01:42:307 (1,2,3,1) - Another 1/4 jumps that comes really out of nowhere. My suggestion is either to remove this note 01:42:473 (3) - or do something like this https://i.imgur.com/jSZvbwN.png as I don't see any appeal in your jump for such a weak sound.

Players who play the map and follow the song and my flow can easily read these so it's not a prolem and not hard to read and hit and also it's awesome.

7. 01:50:973 - The music here seems to be snapped on 1/6 or 1/12 timing. I tried a rhythm like this https://i.imgur.com/Omxr28G.png and it seems like its on point with the song, so please try doing that rhythm and try to make something that you will maybe like, mistimed notes are meh.

Yes,I miss it,thank you.

8. 02:00:807 (3) - Ignoring the loud 1/4 blue tick piano just seems weird in gameplay especially if you followed less impactful sounds like here 01:55:473 - in the same section. How about a 1/4 slider reversed?

I keep them.
UndeadCapulet
there was a bunch of pm'ing that happened, maridius said rebubbling was ok now
Cubby
why why why why why
[Crz]Makii
gooooooo
Monstrata

UndeadCapulet wrote:

it's seen a variety of opinions, but among those opinions are a not insignificant amount of support from established community names, including the first Aspire contest winner and superfamous modder Charles445, who showed his support to such extremes that he made a mapspread difficulty on the off-chance it got dq'd for spread issues

this set has had lots of support throughout the years, and even today sees it from people such as Karen, the MCA 2016 winner and well-established bn, who plans to qualify it.
95% sure this was Charles' social experiment to see if he could make people think a very questionable set was actually high quality just because The Great Charles445 said it was xD. My recommendation, don't think a set is good just because people who are respected in the community think it's good.

As another Aspire contest winner, and one who has dwarfed Charles' accomplishments, I can say this set is okay.
UndeadCapulet
i mean, my bubbling was only based on my own opinion of the map's quality, i just wanted to show how other established people shared that opinion, since there are a lot of new faces around. and there are more than just charles supporting this, i just didnt want to list a long stream of names so i used the most well-known one that came to mind
MaridiuS

Monstrata wrote:

UndeadCapulet wrote:

95% sure this was Charles' social experiment to see if he could make people think a very questionable set was actually high quality just because The Great Charles445 said it was xD. My recommendation, don't think a set is good just because people who are respected in the community think it's good.

As another Aspire contest winner, and one who has dwarfed Charles' accomplishments, I can say this set is okay.
just a prank bro smh
Mismagius

Monstrata wrote:

lmao

i don't think you guys need to take monstrata's "opinions" seriously btw, at this point it's just better to ignore
show more