Miki Sayaka vs. Miki Sayaka (fw. Miki Sayaka) - squartatrice

posted
Total Posts
395
show more
Aka
no way..
Sieg
xGx
Grats on requalify, I hope it goes ranked this time.
LeaK
Let's requalify a map without adressing any of the unqualifying reasons. What could go wrong?
Rockageek

Storm- wrote:

let's rank https://osu.ppy.sh/s/120515
100% ready for rank
Ekoro

Sieg wrote:

winber1
don't be butthurt guys. embrace it.

only then can you become a true hokage.
Monstrata

Sieg wrote:

Cherry Blossom

FrostxE wrote:

It's good to see a variety of mapping style in the ranked maps instead of a spam of 2015 beatmap styles that allow them to pass the Qualified section.
It might look poor quality to some people, yet it also looks good to some people as well, and there are relationship between the map and song so I hope it passes qualified. ~~
Exactly what i'm thinking.
Enon
really good
Zare
Other than the extreme Slider velocities and visually messy patterns, which aren't even that bad, what actually bothers me about this map is the rhythms on some parts, which seem to be completely off at some points with little to no relation to music. If those things woulda been improved, i feel like the map would feel much better.

Examples would be
00:38:308 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - which is a 7 circle stream mapped on a 5 1/4s pattern
01:19:974 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Where the slider rhythms are not matching the actual beats in the music
01:19:974 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - where there's no note to emphasize the beat in the music
01:41:641 (21,22,23) - which i dont understand at all, what sound is (22) supposed to follow
01:42:724 (2) - which is entirely offbeat
02:00:808 (3) - which is a 1/2 slider mapped on a 1/4 triple

I know this may be late since it's requalified already, but please consider it in case it gets dq'd again.


And now, back to spectator mode.
_index

Sieg wrote:

Charles445

Zare wrote:

Examples would be
00:38:308 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - which is a 7 circle stream mapped on a 5 1/4s pattern
Imagine a new combo on the 5, so 1234 - 123
The 123 is based off of the repeating noise, as followed by the other stacked streams later.
12341 is the piano.
The 5 is a combination of both parts of the music, that's why it looks confusing.

01:19:974 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Where the slider rhythms are not matching the actual beats in the music
01:19:974 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - where there's no note to emphasize the beat in the music
Mimicking synth, followed up by sliders going with the synth later.
Synth dropped at 01:20:390 - , but strong beat at 01:20:474 - , then synth picks back up at 01:20:640 -
So that's why it's all sliders, every start is a strong beat.

01:41:641 (21,22,23) - which i dont understand at all, what sound is (22) supposed to follow
The synth reaching its peak pitch. 3/4 rhythm, notice starts of 21, 22, and 23 are 3/4 apart.

01:42:724 (2) - which is entirely offbeat
This one could actually be a mistake, perhaps a solution would be http://puu.sh/hqGG5/7881a3218b.jpg
The circlestream jump is definitely intentional for emphasis but it might not be in the right place.
02:00:808 (3) - which is a 1/2 slider mapped on a 1/4 triple
Hear the strings in the background? It's switched to that.
02:00:307 - Marks a switch to a calmer focus, as noted in the Another where it's literally a drain section.


Anyway yeah, the 01:42:724 is definitely good to point out.


The map is probably going to get unqualified for some form of reason, but I'd like to ask that if it DOES get unqualified, that it gets unqualified with good, relevant reasons. There's nothing worse than a post that says "this sucks, remap it because I don't understand it".
joolomasta
I think that the recent unqualifications have shown us that the QATs are forcing mappers to use a certain style of mapping in order to get their maps ranked. Everything that isn't mapped to the same mold as most maps nowadays do, get DQd several times before maybe getting ranked. I know, the popular mapping style that's being enforced is easy to read, mostly fun to play and gives a lot of pp. But different styles should still be allowed.

This map brings back vibes from older maps, and even though all people might not appreciate the oldschool mapping style, this map shouldn't be judged by it's style only. There are indeed some weird choices that should maybe get revised, but please don't try to squash every single map into the same mold.
Kite
O, grats~
Perhaps it will make it to the ranked section this time~
It's hard to say what quality is, in the end players decide for themselves if they like the map and want to play it or not
Ethercastle

Charles445 wrote:

The map is probably going to get unqualified for some form of reason, but I'd like to ask that if it DOES get unqualified, that it gets unqualified with good, relevant reasons. There's nothing worse than a post that says "this sucks, remap it because I don't understand it".
^

Still one of my favorite maps, regrats!

不会欣赏艺术的人真是糟糕 EDIT:有人又代表Q(自)AT(己)执行正义啦!
Kroytz

joolomasta wrote:

I think that the recent unqualifications have shown us that the QATs are forcing mappers to use a certain style of mapping in order to get their maps ranked. Everything that isn't mapped to the same mold as most maps nowadays do, get DQd several times before maybe getting ranked. I know, the popular mapping style that's being enforced is easy to read, mostly fun to play and gives a lot of pp. But different styles should still be allowed.

This map brings back vibes from older maps, and even though all people might not appreciate the oldschool mapping style, this map shouldn't be judged by it's style only. There are indeed some weird choices that should maybe get revised, but please don't try to squash every single map into the same mold.
If that's the case, then by your definition we should just neglect any sort of guideline/standards that have been established as of recent and map whatever we want, however we want.

This map was made in 2011, and to call it a "style" of mapping is wrong in itself because of how low the standards were during that time compared to now. If low quality is a "style", then there are LOTS of graveyarded maps that should be ranked. I have nothing against unorthodox styles, in fact, I'm all for "different", but we should carefully reevaluate what kind of maps we're trying to promote in osu!
We're not cavemen anymore people...
Shiro

joolomasta wrote:

I think that the recent unqualifications have shown us that the QATs are forcing mappers to use a certain style of mapping in order to get their maps ranked. Everything that isn't mapped to the same mold as most maps nowadays do, get DQd several times before maybe getting ranked. I know, the popular mapping style that's being enforced is easy to read, mostly fun to play and gives a lot of pp. But different styles should still be allowed.
Well shit, I'm in trouble D:
Also the style that is currently popular is nowhere easy to read, it relies on gimmicks and generally confusing/unintuitive patterns to provide with challenge

joolomasta wrote:

This map brings back vibes from older maps, and even though all people might not appreciate the oldschool mapping style, this map shouldn't be judged by it's style only. There are indeed some weird choices that should maybe get revised, but please don't try to squash every single map into the same mold.
let this get ranked and let players decide whether or not this is good ?
I'm ok with that, I dislike this map because it's the kind of style I enjoy playing and I disagree with a majority of the choices, but that's how soulfear wanted to map it so that's acceptable
MillhioreF
A few things I'm still surprised about in Sayaka difficulty.

00:42:474 (7) - How does this make any sense? Not only is there no musical cue for such a sudden jump, but the flow coming onto it is completely backwards, and it feels like something you'd see in a TAG4 map.
00:53:808 (11) - The spacing is noticeably off here compared to the rest of the stream, it should be one grid lower on grid4.
00:57:558 (1,2) - The slider velocity here doubles with completely no warning, unless you're able to read the approach circles of the next sliders and see that they're slightly more dense. I know this kind of stuff happens all the time in older maps, but that doesn't make it magically readable.
01:16:974 (4,5,1) - The overlapping here is ugly as sin. I mean, I guess it flows well, so it doesn't need to be changed, but it still makes me barf to look at.
01:50:141 (1) - The end of this slider is actually outside the grid by one or two osupixels. Pretty sure that's unrankable.
01:50:141 (1,1,1) - This feels really horrible to play with the way you keep having to snap back. Could just be me, but I just can't get behind it.


There's plenty more stylistic choices that I don't really like (as well as really janky distance spacing on most streams due to grid snapping) but most of them are excusable as a relic of the time. Someone should really check that one slider though, at the very least.
shionelove

FrostxE wrote:

It's good to see a variety of mapping style in the ranked maps instead of a spam of 2015 beatmap styles that allow them to pass the Qualified section.
It might look poor quality to some people, yet it also looks good to some people as well, and there are relationship between the map and song so I hope it passes qualified. ~~
I love
おめでとう!
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply