forum

Sensitivity worries on mouse

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vel0ciTy
I currently play at 1000 dpi, 1.8 IG sens, at 1920x1080. All my friends that play osu keep saying I have too high of a sensitivity. I know that everyone has their own play style but I have not seen any higher ranked players (that use mice) use a higher sensitivity. I'm worried I might be enforcing bad habits. Should I change my sensitivity so as not to hinder progress or is there anything that I should keep in mind for playing at a higher sensitivity?

Thanks,
DaAsianNinja
Endaris
It is rather high but if you feel comfortable with it, it should be no problem.
For reference, take a look at this list to see what specs top mouseplayers are using:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
You're definitely on the upper end of dpi to resolution ratio but not absurd.
ManuelOsuPlayer
1000dpi it's perfect at your screen res in my opinion. 1.8 IG sens makes no sense to me. I rather move windows sens instead.
But anyways you should play 1000 dpi 1.0 ig sens. and raw imput ON.
You can play with higer sens, but makes no sense. 1k should be closer to the best performance you can get right now.
Lower dpi and sens = more muscle memory builded.
Seruzer
dpi is as much as preference as choosing between mouse, tablet or touchscreen IMO. I use 1500 dpi, 1x ig sens and it seems pretty good for me right now. Just go with what you're comfortable with.
mulraf
sounds perfectly fine to me
E m i
1.0x osu 6/11 windows or your setting is retarded

WHATEVER dpi most likely
Endaris

Momiji wrote:

WHATEVER dpi most likely
what
stop splitting nonsense tablet scrub :o
It is true that you shouldn't use something like 1.4x osu and 5/11 windows but 1.4x osu and 6/11 windows is completely fine.
E m i

Endaris wrote:

Momiji wrote:

WHATEVER dpi most likely
what
stop splitting nonsense tablet scrub :o
It is true that you shouldn't use something like 1.4x osu and 5/11 windows but 1.4x osu and 6/11 windows is completely fine.
Huh? If one source of interpolation is completely fine then why would adding a second one to stack two of them together suddenly START having an effect?
2 times 0 should equal 0, and we both know interpolation does happen, so an argument can only be made for integer sensitivities (pixel skipping, 2.0x, 3.0x, etc)

So choose which one it is, both sources of interpolation exist or only the second one starts existing -_-
Endaris
Because the rounding error multiplies with 2 sources and turns out bigger than with only one.
21px * 1.5 = 31.5px (first multiplier through windows setting)
31px * 1.5 = 46.5px (second multiplier through osu!)
=> 46px movement when a direct multiplier of 21*2.25 = 47.25.

It's also notable that mice have more accurate tracking within a certain dpi-range. As such it can't be safe to say that playing at 1200dpi with 1.0 and 6/11 is really better than playing at 800dpi with 1.5 and 6/11.

Not to mention that the top mouse player list shows impressively that a single multiplier is very commonly used with success.
E m i
Well exactly as you say, there is nothing that STARTS EXISTING when stacking two of them together. It's just an increase of retardation! So be more careful when talking in absolute terms like "absolutely fine" 8-)

Especially

Momiji wrote:

WHATEVER dpi most likely

Momiji wrote:

most likely
with my consideration of DPI increases not necessarily not introducing anything negative, just MOSTLY not introducing anything negative. You are likely to know by knowing what mouse you are using.

Endaris wrote:

As such it can't be safe to say that playing at 1200dpi with 1.0 and 6/11 is really better than playing at 800dpi with 1.5 and 6/11.
lol in that case it's the same problem, except "retarded" is the MOUSE. So be sure to pick the lesser evil if you cannot possess a mouse that's able to accommodate your desired sensitivity natively.

Endaris wrote:

Not to mention that the top mouse player list shows impressively that a single multiplier is very commonly used with success.
Not to mention that top players would remain top players even if we applied way larger disadvantages to them. So remaining a top player with a very small disadvantage like non-integer sensitivities should be expected. Also there is stuff like 1.5x sensitivity being better than, for example, 1.23x sensitivity.

non-forced proportions top players, varying framerates among top players, 60hz monitor users... Stuff like "this random thing made you miss 0.00348% more circles during your entire career" won't make someone stop being a top player 8-)
ManuelOsuPlayer

Momiji wrote:

WHATEVER dpi most likely
100% agree.

Anyways sensitivity settings dosn't matter a lot.
If you know how to play you can aim perfectly using a 1€ mouse.
My Angel Jeremy
I use a 3 doller mouse and i can,t even change the dpi
Works perfectly fine with the game sensitivities
E m i

My Angel Jeremy wrote:

I use a 3 doller mouse and i can,t even change the dpi
Works perfectly fine with the game sensitivities
why is everyone talking in such absolute terms, a better sensor would be more accurate and a 1:1/integer sensitivity would give you less error.

it's perfectly fine but it's also not -_-
Endaris
where's zenny when you need him?
pandaBee
zenny is in my closet
E m i
What do you need him for, to find out exactly how much you can increase the DPI on each sensor before adverse effects show up? Well this makes me scared, I bet there are some PMW3366 users that use an in-game sensitivity above 1.0... Nightmare fuel

PMW3360 has 16 times more frames of smoothing on DPIs above 2100, and stuff like that. 8-)

See? You can find out what to do literally ONLY by knowing what mouse you are using.