They had sex resulted into twins = 2
Next day boy died after he choked on water - 2
Therefore 1 + 1 = 3
Zekks
kye69
KatouMegumi
ye olde ot
abraker
Well you can certainly define math such that 1+1=3. Tho you will have to have an interesting number line to achieve that.

Like suppose we redefine it to something like:

1, 3, 6, 8, 10

^Forget these numbers have meaning. They are ordered this way and are now symbols that relate to this order.

so,
1+1 = 3
1+3 = 6
3+3 = 8
10 - 3 = 6

interesting, right?
johnmedina999
Normally, 1 + 1 != 3. However, if we add some zeros (which we can do because of the law that 0 + x = x), we can form 01 and 10, and 01 + 10 = 3.
Topic Starter
kai99
actually that makes sense thx
keremaru
i thought 1 + 1 was 4
because there's 2 1's in the plus sign
abraker

johnmedina999 wrote:

Normally, 1 + 1 != 3. However, if we add some zeros (which we can do because of the law that 0 + x = x), we can form 01 and 10, and 01 + 10 = 3.
please represent your bases correctly. Obviously you have 2 bases here instead of the regular 10
magic_music
because....
because.......

idk man :\
i have an iq of -1 so i don't qualify as someone smart enough to tell you.
abraker

magic_music wrote:

Ok so I was legit curious what an IQ of -1 would imply. A high IQ would imply higher intelligence. A 0 IQ would imply no intelligence. Then a negative IQ would imply some for of opposite kind of intelligence? Anti-intelligence? :thonkang:
Lowtagoras

abraker wrote:

magic_music wrote:

Ok so I was legit curious what an IQ of -1 would imply. A high IQ would imply higher intelligence. A 0 IQ would imply no intelligence. Then a negative IQ would imply some for of opposite kind of intelligence? Anti-intelligence? :thonkang:

It is written (in Wikipedia):
Intelligence has been defined in many different ways including as one's capacity for logic, understanding, self-awareness, learning, emotional knowledge, planning, creativity, and problem solving. It can be more generally described as the ability or inclination to perceive or deduce information, and to retain it as knowledge to be applied towards adaptive behaviors within an environment or context.

So if we assume that a positive IQ results in higher scores in the fields mentioned above, a 0 would mean they can't even "do" anything related to that, therefore not able to survive on their own at all depending in which areas the IQ is 0. But if we go negative it could mean that people just deliberately do the exact opposite things a normal human would do without even thinking of it as false. Needless to say, their survivability CAN also be endangered. I mean, whereas a person with a positive IQ drinks water to satisfy his thirst, one with a negative one might try drinking a rock instead or something like that, maybe? Though tbh it's much more difficult to imagine someone with zeroes in some departments, at least for me.

That's a tricky topic, huh? For all I know, this approach may be (and most probably is) very well wrong. Especially since there's no real objective measurement of intelligence.

Regarding the actual topic, there's that one principle in economics which basically means that by combining two different base materials of lower worth, another piece of higher worth emerges, if I remember correctly. On the math side of things however... Yeah, I neither know it nor do I want to dig into this field.

Damn, I shouldn't write such stuff sleep deprived & shit
abraker

Lowtagoras wrote:

Would explain why it's impossible; It leads to death
Serraionga

Lowtagoras wrote:

It is written