forum

Why can you lose PP??

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Unholy57
So as the title says, why the hell can you lose pp? today i got 146 pp play, it was incomplete i did not get it FC (missed some notes near the end but still kept the acc at 98.57), later that day i decided to play it again to get the FC, i did get it but it was significantly lower in acc (97.81) , and the play updated from 146 pp to 140pp , i assume it happens cause i got a higher score but not a better play so why in the world does it update? this happened before aswell but only lost like 1 pp so i didnt pay it any attention but i believe this is a problem , osu pls fix.

http://prntscr.com/hq3xwm
http://prntscr.com/hq3y0g
Endaris
Because score matters.
This won't happen if you got a higher score less pp play with a mod on though.
Ninonuko
Lower score, higher pp (nomod) -> higher score, lower pp (hr) = not losing pp, top play not updated.
Lower score, higher pp (hr) -> higher score, lower pp (hr) = losing pp, top play updated.
Source : tried it myself.
Torgairon
done this more than a few times myself, it's always been [choke near the end, 99% acc] replaced with [FC, crap 95-96% acc or something but overall higher score] and you will drop a good bit of PP if that map is some high OD PP farm meme that comprises a large % of your PP pool. it's annoying but perfectly avoidable: if you can tell you're mashing through a previously-scored and valued PP map, don't submit and just restart.
Edgar_Figaro
Just do what I do and become the king of scum. If I am about to beat my score and I am not sure if it’ll be more PP or not I pause at the last spinner of the map. I quickly pull up Tillerino and calculate the PP of my play I am about to complete. If it’ll be worth more I finish the map. If I’d lose PP I hit exit to menu.

Note: it becomes hard to predict exactly on non-FC runs as there is no in-game “miss” counter. So until you submit the score you won’t know for certain.