forum

Is learning single tapping worth it?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
If so, then me some advantages pls
ManuelOsuPlayer
Singletap give you more speed. Easier to control, easier to build muscle memory due to repeat the same movements at same patterns.
As a player who started full alternating first year of playing, and learned to semi-alternate and singletap, i don't alternate or semialternate anymore only at slidders into streams patterns where the music beats still being a stream.
I don't know exactly say why, but i find singletap way better. With alternate it's way easier to hold combos, but it's harderst to learn to control compared to singletap.
It's worth learning it. Then you can chose what you feel better, or use both.
Genjuro
singletapping doesn't have any actual advantage over alternating, if you can alternate then i don't see a reason to learn singletap.
Rhonin
%%%%%
Anemic Witch
If you're full alt player from the very beginning: no it isn't worth it. Just practice your own playstyle.
Slay
If you can alternate effectively, then no. Don't stop alternating, I envy people who can full alternate jumps, it's easier on your hand.
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
Lol I dont know why, but I keep single tapping on jumps.
My Angel Jeremy
d o i t
Wishes
Single tapping is easier to get high acc on than alternating, but alternating is easier to control and less prone to missing slider ends. But if you're already comfortable alternating it's not really worth it to switch imo.
pandaBee
Alternating is not easier to control imo, single tapping is thus the accuracy/ease of entry.
Ryoid
Mastering alternating is worth imo, unless if you want to ss'ing all this darn map single tapping is worth when it come to acc
butt prince
I think it's best to get comfortable with a variety of playstyles and pick whichever you like most, based on your own experiences. Sure, learn to singletap! Why not? But don't force yourself to do it if you don't like it.
Endaris

butt prince wrote:

Sure, learn to singletap!
Far easier said than done.
When you're used to full alternating, coming out of any 1/4 pattern or complicated sliderpattern where you have to alternate it requires a strong conscious effort to not continue alternating after that.
It is disturbing.
Vuelo Eluko
i used to full alt but i stopped when i switched the hands i was aiming/tapping with
butt prince

Endaris wrote:

Far easier said than done.
When you're used to full alternating, coming out of any 1/4 pattern or complicated sliderpattern where you have to alternate it requires a strong conscious effort to not continue alternating after that.
It is disturbing.
I know, I've always been full alternate -- I'm not saying it's easy to learn. It's not easy to learn tap/x either. But if you want to learn it to see, why shouldn't you put in the effort? I say just go for it; put in the time, see what happens. Maybe you'll like it, maybe you'll hate it. But you won't wonder anymore.
pandaBee
I've done both single tap and alternate.

Single tap makes it easier to acc jumps
alternate makes it easier to acc compound sliders/reverse sliders

There were some other discrepancies but these were the main ones for me. That being said just do whatever you enjoy more.
Vuelo Eluko

pandaBee wrote:

I've done both single tap and alternate.

Single tap makes it easier to acc jumps
alternate makes it easier to acc compound sliders/reverse sliders

There were some other discrepancies but these were the main ones for me. That being said just do whatever you enjoy more.
i alternate slider spam (which will be an obsolete strategy come scorev2) and singletap everything else