forum

[invalid] More support for osu on win xp

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +28
Topic Starter
-Ares-
Osu doesn't update on win xp, i have seen other people having this problem, they use windows xp, my brother has another cpu with win 10, on that cpu osu updates with no problem.

And every time someone (using win xp) tries to update it displays something like "an error has ocurred, check your connection to internet".
I dont want to reinstall osu every single time when there is an update, its so annoying. it also deletes my replays.

Why is this happening? dont tell me to install win 10, i want the windows xp to be more respected.
There is absolutely no reason for this to happen, some years before it worked perfectly on win xp, now what?

why i have to take 5 minutes (or 10 if it crashes) reinstalling the game and moving the beatmaps and all that, while others update almost instantly?

you dont know how i feel right now about this.

But something like this happen before, remember the update that added that voice saying "welcome to oss........." it worked perfectly on win 10 and on win xp (only when you opened the game), but when you closed it on win xp??? https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/Ia8tPuv.png
Here is a recreation of what happened. At least now it tries.

1 problem has been solved, but what about the others?
osu doesn't update and you have to reinstall it using the old installer hoping for it to not crash.

and there is another problem in gameplay.
https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/f9MCPdn.png
https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/QV0CVGY.png
https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/Z1WNwvg.png

You know what are those lines that i highlighted? those appear EVERY SINGLE TIME A SLIDERS APPEARS, of course this doesn't happen on win 10.
Also this problem has been present for some years, i think those started to appear when the "ossss" guy appeared in the main menu.

So there you have it, it doesn't update and some annoying lines appear in gameplay.

Pls enjoy game win 10 (also 7) users
Axel
Just update to 10. Windows XP is outdated and not supported at all by nothing. Just like how Windows 95 is dead. Do you expect osu to work on windows 95 and people FC Haitai? No.

Just, update.
Vuelo Eluko

Axel wrote:

Just update to 10. Windows XP is outdated and not supported at all by nothing. Just like how Windows 95 is dead. Do you expect osu to work on windows 95 and people FC Haitai? No.

Just, update.
windows 10 is a dumpster fire, go for tiny 7 and keep your current hardware with much more compatibility and a lot less of a performance hit compared to a full fledged 7, 8.1 or especially 10
moya
Yeah nice i agree promoted
Maze
Well you see. Windows XP was supported for 12 YEARS. That's over a decade. You can't expect for OS to last forever.
I would suggest upgrading to Windows 7 at least.

Besides how good can you run osu! if your computer still uses XP.
Flanster
osu! runs fine on Windows XP. It only comes down to your hardware if it supports the newest version.
If it doesn't you won't be able to update. You can use Stable Fallback as its intended for older hardware. Considering your desktop screenshot I can tell this is a pretty old machine.
Topic Starter
-Ares-
There is people that is still using windows xp for whatever reason, like me.
Im still using win xp because i play osu on a cybercafe. and the boss refuses to update the system.
And not just because win xp is not supported by microsoft or google makes osu incompatible, DEVS of osu make the game incompatible.

Win 98? no one uses that because every OS is faster and compatible with all app, games etc.
The difference with win xp and 10 or 7, is the appearance, win 10 looks cuter right? looks better? fifa 18 must be better than 17, its newer, must be better,
the same goes to win xp and 10.

Also, upgrading its expensive.

The only reason i see to upgrade, its to play those new games that only came to win 10 because microsoft wants you to buy it.

Devs of osu want me to buy win 10? NO. i want to use win xp.

(also a tiny reason its the tablet area, its perfect and if i upgrade i will lost it)
Dntm8kmeeatu
It's ridiculous to expect new things to support extremely outdated hardware and systems from well over 15+ years ago. Sure devs could "make it support XP" if they wish to hinder their ability by using outdated nonsense. It just doesn't make sense.

Unfortunate you cannot upgrade to a OS from this decade, but what do you expect people to do? honestly?