forum

DT is bullshit

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
IdleSolution
Recently my friends were talking about DT maps so i wanted to give it a try. It feels like an abuse, 100pp for a 30sec song that isnt even hard. Is there a way to get rid of the PP i got from the DT songs?
B1rd
you are filthy now, go in the shower and scrub yourself clean
[ Guardian ]

IdleSolution wrote:

Recently my friends were talking about DT maps so i wanted to give it a try. It feels like an abuse, 100pp for a 30sec song that isnt even hard. Is there a way to get rid of the PP i got from the DT songs?
just 100pp,try 7* then you can feel it relative difficulty?
pandaBee
Play HT for the next year is the only way to cleanse your hands of some of the filth they've accrued. But remember, you'll never be pure again.
Topic Starter
IdleSolution
feelsbadman
KupcaH
You've just got corrupted!
Play low bpm 3* for the rest of your life now.
-Makishima S-

IdleSolution wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/476697 + DT

and tell me DT is bullshit and abuse

think
Nao Tomori
dt is only bs at low levels where hard+dt is considered same difficulty as insane / low extra. anything above mid insane+dt is normal and only issue is with od being overweighted on simple rhythm
-Makishima S-
Adapt or suffer.

Since nobody veto high OD simple rhythm maps, maybe it is better to use them.

I gave up lol, I kept my personal war against this shit long enough. Now I am gonna abuse shit out of all cookie monster and other shit as far as it will be produced, because why not.
Barusamikosu
Plenty of underrated DT maps too. Even most DT Hards don't give what they should be worth considering 260-300 BPM in the 4-5 star range is going to be pretty difficult for most players that are still grinding out skill in that area.

Perhaps try some maps that don't have full DT SS leaderboards.
ManuelOsuPlayer
DT is the key. Singletap 350bpm instead bullshit xD
Thirty30
Hidden HardRock best mod combo

but DT is not easy imo, at least i think i'm not just saying that cause i can't do it....
pandaBee
DT isn't easy but maps sound a lot better without it.
N0thingSpecial
Basicallly high OD no mod maps, play real DT that’s above 240 BPM
chainpullz

Barusamikosu wrote:

Plenty of underrated DT maps too. Even most DT Hards don't give what they should be worth considering 260-300 BPM in the 4-5 star range is going to be pretty difficult for most players that are still grinding out skill in that area.

Perhaps try some maps that don't have full DT SS leaderboards.
Most of these maps just feel straight up awkward to play due to undermapping while still prioritizing the drums over the vocals. Props to players like twintail and beatrice who make ss'ing these maps look easy.
ManuelOsuPlayer

pandaBee wrote:

DT isn't easy but maps sound a lot better without it.
Sad It's true.
Tamako Lumisade
The problem with DT is that you play the exact same patterns that you can play without DT. Just about 1.5x faster. It isn't the same level of difficulty as making a hard-to-read pattern or technical map. And yet it is more valued sometimes than maps, which have really difficult technical patterns.
-Makishima S-
No, considering increased AR, OD, HP, BPM, it is still more difficult.
Solarys
nomod master race
-Makishima S-

Solarys wrote:

nomod master race
I was like that until I realized how wrong I was

thonk
Yolshka

[Taiga] wrote:

Solarys wrote:

nomod master race
I was like that until I realized how wrong I was

thonk
Well who would have tought that dt would pose a challenge.

I think it's best to play everything, including mods, to become as balanced as possible. It's just kinda shitty if youre being held back by your one ultimate weakness even though otherwise you'd be able to get a good score.

I'm playing dt left and right, i made a collection of maps between 220 and 240 because that's kinda hard to achieve with nomod but reasonably fast enough, got like 400 maps around 5* counting only 1 diff.

And dam it feels nice to be a tiny bit faster.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1316417?m=0 Lunatic diff with DT is really really good and fun, it's 218 but it's MAD HARD.
good practice

Won't go above 240 though cuz then I end up alternating and it's just nomod all over again.

Unless streams, cuz fuck that, I ain't doin 255bpm bursts.
N0thingSpecial

Solarys wrote:

nomod master race
Withou DT I wouldn’t get my first 8* ranked pass and get the achievement.

TY DT but no mod master race
Vuelo Eluko
100 pp is a lot
Momoi Airi
DT requires good amount of stamina, and good rhythm feel.

Look at me, I can DT pretty much anything below 3* (Hard maps become 4* with DT/NC on but sometimes 5*) even though I have shit stamina.
FC'ing DT-able maps would get you good amount of pp :3