forum

What's the best strategy?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Infamous358
(Don't bother answering if you just gonna call out my play time, like, for real, how is that any help? I know my play time isn't high enougj to say I didn't improve, but I'd really apreciate if someone actually answers my questions though.. thanks..)

First of all, sorry for making this thread.. Just need some advice that I can't find on tutorial threads/videos. :p

Thing is, I've been practicing a lot, but I can't seem to be getting any better with the strategy I'm using

What's the best strategy? Repeat the same songs over and over to get an S, play songs that I can finish with a C at least or play songa that I usually lose at the middle? What's the best strategy to get better?

I just want to be an average player so I'm able to play with my friends and actually compete with them..

EDIT: I feel like I should give more info about my sensitivity and those things.. I'm using a Razer Abyssus (it's not the best, I knos, but it's what I got and what I'm used to), with 800 dpi and 1.00x in game with mouse acceleration off. I use low dpi because I used to play a lot of cs go and I got used to it, my muscle memory develops really fast so, is it better to have an higher dpi on osu?
N0thingSpecial
5 hours of gameplay is no where enough to say you haven’t improved
Topic Starter
Infamous358

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Yeah, that might be true.. But that doesn't really answers what I asked though..
Even though it's no where enough, I'd like to know what's the best strategy and the best dpi option on the long run.

Anyway, thanks for replying :p
pandaBee

N0thingSpecial wrote:

5 hours to 3 digits let's go
Topic Starter
Infamous358

pandaBee wrote:

N0thingSpecial wrote:

5 hours to 3 digits let's go
Why would you bother answering if you're just gonna call out my play time though.. that's not any help.. is it too much to ask for you guys to simply answer my questions? I'd really apreciate it..
pandaBee

Infamous358 wrote:

Why would you bother answering if you're just gonna call out my play time though.. that's not any help.. is it too much to ask for you guys to simply answer my questions? I'd really apreciate it..
Play more my prodigious son
N0thingSpecial
Can’t say it’s the best strategy, but I did at least aim for B and As when I started, once I played enough variety of maps, my reading & aim got more consistent I started to aim for 96% acc scores and eventually started FCing some 3-4* maps
Akanagi
You go and download all beatmap packs you can find + that huge map torrent so you have like 50k maps.

Then you start playing 1-3* maps, depending on how good you already are, I'd say you should play 2* though. Filter maps by typing AR>6 since you won't ever play AR5-6 again, while most maps in 3*-4* are AR7-9.X

Just go ahead and F2 your way through the 2* section, but don't play to pass or FC, but focus solely on hitting as accurate as possible.
Don't ever start mashing no matter how hard or impossible a section of a map looks.

The thing that helped me the most in the beginning was to realize that this a rhythm game and what comes with it. It means that the timing between notes is consistent, and while every BPM has a slightly different time-window between each notes, this means for example that a 7* 240 BPM map (like Timefreeze) can NOT be different in timing than a regular 4* 240BPM map (like Kokou no Sousei)

So always keep in mind that the time between notes is consistent and only varies depending on what type of note it is. Usually you'll see 3 different ones (1/1, 1/2 and 1/4), sometimes only 2 and rarely you'll see 1/3 and 1/6 being used.

This is why it's most important to care more about staying calm and developing proper finger control over aim. The aim will come to you naturally and there's no real way to force quick development in aim, but there are many ways to inhibit your development of finger control and accuracy (like mashing to hold combo / playing to survive / playing to FC and sacrificing acc / speeding up because of panicking )

So, download a lot of different beatmaps, tryhard for accuracy and force yourself to learn the different BPMs and tap as consistently and controlled as you can. Don't become an OTP-player like 80% of this game's community who only play certain types of maps.

Otherwise your friends will be able to rek you by picking your weak spots, like a certain AR, BPM, techmaps, aim maps, stream-maps etc etc. Try to expose yourself to as many types of BPMs, ARs and mapping-styles as possible.

If you do it right you'll get to know the different styles of all the mappers out there better than your friends and will be able to play both monstrata maps as well as DJpop, Saten, ktgster, Lasse. Angelhoney or val0108 maps.
And no matter how cancerous, weird or impossible a map looks, it will always be bound to the rules of rhythm mentioned above.

Also don't listen to your friends when they try to tell you a certain map is "shit". Most people dislike maps because they simply lack the skill to play them. Same goes for mods. (Don't play HR early)
Zedek117
There really isn't a special trick to it. You just get a bunch of beatmaps and play them. That's what I did and I'm an average osu player.

You just got to be patient and put in your time to actually get good.
ManuelOsuPlayer
The best i'm sure it's play insane amounth of songs 1by1 having a really slow difficulty improvment.
Example: S/SS 1* maps. S/SS 1'01* maps. 1'02. 1'03...
If you play like that, the first map you find problems with, have something what you should focus on improve.
Make collections with maps to farm PP later, maps what you skip due to be unable to play them at that exactly moment...
That's the general idea what i think it's the best way.

About your dpi you should also say what screen resolution you're using.
800dpi in general is pretty good. You may have problems to reach corners or not due to mousepad friction and screen resolution, but If your muscle memory build fast you can change it later.
Tamako Lumisade
The best strategy is just playing a huge variety of different maps. There's no other way to become good.
Thirty30
+maps -acc

Play slightly harder maps gradually along with your progress, but C is a bit low, maybe high B/low A is a good minimum for accuracy. 99acc can wait though.

Also I may not be a mouse player but you should play at the DPI you find most comfortable, like for example I used to play at 1250 DPI because I felt it was best for me.
KupcaH
Download more maps and play maps where you can achieve 89-95%+ accuracy.

DPI is preference, anything between 500 and 1600 is fine.