forum

Left handed using right hand

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Infamous358
Basically, I'm left handed, but my entire life I used the mouse with my right hand, feels weird using it with my left hand.. thing is, I feel like that's holding me back.. I can't spin at all, and I feel like my hand is too slow, and that's a huge problem! I don't know if that's something that gets better at practice or if being left handed and using my right hand for the mouse is really holding me back!

So please give me your opiniom

Only way I'd be able to play with my left hand would be with a tablet, but I don't really have the money and neither I am good enough at osu to invest that money in it.
Death
Moving this to Gameplay & Rankings for further discussion.

There isn't anything wrong with trying to switch to your other hand, but it might not help. Practicing either way is probably more beneficial, and you already have experience with your current playstyle.
ManuelOsuPlayer
It's a game. Have fun learning. What are better, right or left? The one you have more fun playing with.
Topic Starter
Infamous358
Thing is.. I get frustated when I can't move my hand fast enough (this using my right hand) and I get frustated when I can't hit the circles because I have 0 accuracy using my left hand, even though I'm left handed.. eithed way ends up being frustrating..

But nevermind, I guess I'll just practice my right hand and eventually buy a tablet so I can use my left hand.
Yurumo
As a fellow lefty, I can assure you that switching the hand you use to hold your mouse will *not* help if you already have muscle memory using your right hand. Not all lefties use their left hand to hold their mouse.

It's actually quite the opposite.
80% of lefties use the mouse with their right hand and of course, hold the pen with their left.
Frikandel
Your biggest problem, Infamous358, is that you are trying too hard in my opinion.

When I first started I played osu to become better at league of legends (LoL pros were doing that at the time that's how I found out about osu)
So at first I tried really hard and noticed I was much worse then those LoL pros and I basically ragequitted. But after a couple of months I decided to give the game another go, and this time I had no expectations or goals for myself and I just played. I had a lot of fun, osu quickly became my favorite game.

For probably around half a year after, all I did was find songs that I liked and just played them. I never got frustrated but I did get excited whenever I retried a map I hadn't played in a while and noticed I could beat my previous scores!

When I hit about 1000pp (performance points, the stuff you collect when full comboing maps) I started to become more serious. But that's besides the point.

Right now, you are a very very new player. Your goal really is to enjoy yourself and not worry. Go and search your favorite bans on osu or something and play their songs. Watch some pro osu players play (like cookiezi) and be amazed, feel inspired. Eventually you will get the basics down without even trying, and that's when you can start to become a little more serious.

But again, all of the above is just my opinion and I am sure plenty of people disagree. Maybe you too. And that's fine.

And about being left handed... I am left handed too. Using the mouse with my right hand. I am by no means pro, but I am sitting in the top 3000 of the world atm so, realise that all you need to do is practice to get good.

(Or switch to tablet and aim with your left, because I assume you write with your left. Using a pen with your left hand should feel very natural because of that)
twirl_old_1
try using your other hand, and see if you improve