forum

I need help.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HeadlesZ
Okay, ive been thinking about making this post for a while now. Today is the day I finally do it. Ive been playing osu! for over a year, playing everday, as long as I can. I play and play, and dont get any better. I cant FC anything. I mean anything. I can FC 2 stars and 3 stars. I mainly play 6 stars but I can only get 100+ Combos on them. Ive tried different skins, changing my tablet area, switching to mouse. Ive tried everything, and still cant fc anything. I feel like a complete and udder failure.I belive I am the only person in the osu! community with this problem. The only reason my rank has sparked recently is because of the recent PP farming ive done, and even still, I remain fucking garbadge. Ive beaten a 7 star, a jump map, with only a 100 combo. I cant seem to get past 200. on anything past 3 stars. If anyone has this problem, please let me know because I feel like a fucking loser. I play and train everyday but acomplish nothing. Please help me.

Gameplay for example: https://youtu.be/kQkbglKw4eY
- Zuramaru -

Toxinic wrote:

Okay, ive been thinking about making this post for a while now. Today is the day I finally do it. Ive been playing osu! for over a year, playing everday, as long as I can. I play and play, and dont get any better. I cant FC anything. I mean anything. I can FC 2 stars and 3 stars. I mainly play 6 stars but I can only get 100+ Combos on them. Ive tried different skins, changing my tablet area, switching to mouse. Ive tried everything, and still cant fc anything. I feel like a complete and udder failure.I belive I am the only person in the osu! community with this problem. The only reason my rank has sparked recently is because of the recent PP farming ive done, and even still, I remain fucking garbadge. Ive beaten a 7 star, a jump map, with only a 100 combo. I cant seem to get past 200. on anything past 3 stars. If anyone has this problem, please let me know because I feel like a fucking loser. I play and train everyday but acomplish nothing. Please help me.

Gameplay for example: https://youtu.be/kQkbglKw4eY
Maybe it's because you're skipping 4 and 5 stars? I really don't understand why people skip way ahead of their skill level, and then wonder why they can't play them. It's because you lack the skill to properly play them. Don't get me wrong, it's good to challenge yourself and play maps just outside of your skill level. You need to find a skin (not as important), choose between mouse or tablet, atablet area/mouse sensiitivity etc. and stick to it. Changing your settings everyday won't help you to build any muscle memory. You should ultimately be striving for consistent 98% and above accuracy, preferably with an FC, plays at a star level before moving on to the next (i.e. 3* -> 4*). I'm 38k and I still primarily play 4* and I'm starting to get into 5*, although that's my skill progression, and people get better at the game at different rates. Most importantly, you need to maintain a positive attitude. You'll have good days and bad days, but when you think negatively all the time, You won't play well. Very few people have an immediate talent for this game and are able to improve quickly. For the majority of people, improvement is a fairly slow process. You're not the only one in the community who feels they can't improve. You may feel like you're at a wall and you're not improving, but that's not the case, and with enough practice, you will improve, but you need to improve progressively and not jump way ahead. Also, plz enjoy game.
Endaris

Toxinic wrote:

I mainly play 6 stars
Found your problem.
There is no issue with playing 6* maps at all but at your level you should not expect to do well on them and only spend a small percentage of your playtime on them.

Mainly playing 6* without any competence to play them means that you're practicing to somehow survive these maps.
In order to survive a map, keeping combo is not required and as such you're not getting any better at it.
If you strive to be able to hold better combos you should look to playing mainly maps you have a good chance of achieving more than just surviving. Judging from your profile and your video, around 4* seems to be a good start. You just have to be more persistent about it.
Zekleft
I only have more than 2 months playing osu, so probably my advices arent the best, but you can take them.

The first advice is stop to changing your settings, look for one that you like, if you are feeling that you arent improving, no problem, every person has a different progession when we are talking about improvement. And the second advice is play first 4 and 5 stars map before playing 6 stars maps, because you aren following a progression, and the improvement will be more difficult.
Topic Starter
HeadlesZ

Endaris wrote:

Toxinic wrote:

I mainly play 6 stars
Found your problem.
There is no issue with playing 6* maps at all but at your level you should not expect to do well on them and only spend a small percentage of your playtime on them.

Mainly playing 6* without any competence to play them means that you're practicing to somehow survive these maps.
In order to survive a map, keeping combo is not required and as such you're not getting any better at it.
If you strive to be able to hold better combos you should look to playing mainly maps you have a good chance of achieving more than just surviving. Judging from your profile and your video, around 4* seems to be a good start. You just have to be more persistent about it.
Okay, i'm forcing myself to play 4 stars, it seems to help a little bit, I am able to some FC 4 stars.
Endaris
Neat!
As this seems to work rather well, you should also attempt to play longer maps at that SR.
Maybe start out with a rather simplistic marathon like https://osu.ppy.sh/b/769831 or https://osu.ppy.sh/b/570953
These are obviously very difficult to FC due to their length but you will get used to holding longer combos as you play more long maps.
Topic Starter
HeadlesZ
Thank you for all your replies! I have been forcing myself to play 4 stars and have FINALLY noticed improvement. Thank you all for the feedback! Without you my osu! carrer would have been done for. Thank you for saving me <3
DBlaNQ
Play more or Since you skipped some stars try playing 4* or 5* I'm Sure that will help you out
pandaBee
Osu is not whack a mole.
Topic Starter
HeadlesZ

pandaBee wrote:

Osu is not whack a mole.
Wow! Thank you for being so supportive! :|
twirl_old_1
try playing something within your skill level, then gradually increase until you reach the point of skill you want to be at, then continue increasing
Akanagi

Toxinic wrote:

I mainly play 6 stars

Toxinic wrote:

I feel like a complete and udder failure.I belive I am the only person in the osu! community with this problem.
Nah, that's a big part of the playerbase for you.

Just play 3*-4* and get pro at those. I mean did you honestly expect to accomplish anything on 6* maps (as in: FC / high acc)?
Atleast now you have made the experience that playing stuff that is way too hard doesn't really improve your skills, you've already improved over all the other 6-digits who keep spamming Big Black and Yomi Yori by noticing you're doing something wrong.

You can't just FC anything at 6* level, not even 5* just by wishing very hard for it. Now off to playing 4* and 3* you go.
And don't play only short maps because you're desperate for FCs. Stop caring about FCs and whatnot and care about improvement instead. FCing something doesn't always mean you improved, and not FCing doesn't mean you're stuck or something. Osu is not THAT onedimensional.

Try a map like https://osu.ppy.sh/b/401513&m=1 every once in a while, but try to mainly hover around 3.7-4.4* diff. No harm in playing something slightly higher than that, though.
Topic Starter
HeadlesZ
THANK YOU ALL! My skill and rank has skyrocketed by switching to four stars. THANK YOU ALL!!! <3