forum

AMA

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Softwarm
I've wanted to do one of these for a while. Note that I will be updating the OP as opposed to artificially inflating the post count and being super disorganized by responding to questions as their own posts in the thread. Also: hello again since school's over for the year.

Answers
Q:

abraker wrote:

how and why?
A: Using my intelligence in its less than optimal state in order to fulfill my utility function.
Q:

DJ Enetro wrote:

What are your hobbies besides playing osu and reading?
A: Writing is an obvious complement to reading, and I do sporadically write some stuff. Math and chess (though I'm bad at both) are fun too.
Q:

not good wrote:

how hard it is to play with no fingers
A: Since you didn't specify a gamemode I'll just go through all of them:
  1. Standard: Mouse seems obviously inferior since tapping the pen on a tablet requires no fingers while clicking a mouse button does. It's easy enough to tape your pen to your hand with an assistant's help. After enabling mouse buttons and binding one of your inputs to your space bar you'd be sort of good to go?
  2. CTB: If you can bind a mouse button and space bar to your inputs for left/right you've got half your problem solved... but hitting your dash button with one of the extremities also being used to move left/right probably won't lead to the most coordinated playstyle. If you could get an sustain pedal for an electric piano, you might be able to hook that up to your computer (with help of course) and use your foot to control dashes.
  3. Mania: Okay so this gamemode is completely fucked for you. The maximum number of inputs you can have is four: both stumps and and both feet (unless you somehow learn to play with your toes I guess). If you had lots of money you could invest in a pad for stuff like Pump it up or DDR to make it easier for your feet. Even then though, you're only making your skill ceiling higher for 4k. So, 4k gameplay is possible, but anything requiring more keys is (probably?) out of reach.
  4. Taiko: Use the same set up I described for Mania and you should be set up fairly well. There are still the obvious drawbacks of your arms/legs being unwieldy, but whatever.
All off the top of my head so these ideas probably aren't pretty good. (Just in case it isn't obvious I have all ten of my fingers, still perfectly functioning.)
Q:

QuillGill wrote:

What do you know about the Lords?
A:They're all pretty interesting, but Hastur, the Unspeakable is probably my favorite.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q:

QuillGill wrote:

Where did you make this place?
A: Where else but at one of the terminals?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q:

QuillGill wrote:

A is B and B is a. What b?
A: If A is the same letter as B, then "b" would equal "A", "a", and "B".
Q:

ColdTooth wrote:

A candy shop is holding a festival down the street. They are selling thirteen kinds of candy canes, with around 40 of each kind, and 27 other brands of candy, such as Snickers, 3 Musketeers, and Nerds. If one box of 10 candy canes = the price of 12 small nerds boxes, and the price for one box of those said small nerds box is 0.13 cents, how many candy cane boxes can I get with 8.35 dollars?
A: 12*.13 = 1.56 which gives you the price of one candy cane box, and then just find out the floor of 8.35/1.56 to get your answer, i.e I could get five boxes of candy canes for 8.35 dollars. If this is one of those "actually I didn't specify this one part of the problem and you answered incorrectly because I was talking about [candy cane boxes with more or less candy canes than 10]" I will be sad. Please don't make me sad.
Q:

[Taiga] wrote:

Too lazy to farm pp or "stay at rank" which I performed for long time now (either quit if possible pp or just decay and get 1-2 scores to keep up rank)?
A: Quit if possible pp, I honestly despise getting scores that I think will artificially inflate my ranking while not being very impressive to me. I would so much rather be able to point at my rank and my best scores on profile and say "yeah those scores are some of my best!" instead of "oh lol I just got those because they were easy to get, and fun to get!" Like, in doing all the pp farming, you lose the ability to actually use your profile's list of scores as anything but a checklist for maps you don't care about and have already gotten a score on, not so much for a record of scores you think are impressive.
Q:

DJ Enetro wrote:

How strong is your passion for Harry Potter?
A: As far as I'm concerned, canon is pretty... okay? I don't think it's great, but I can't call it bad either. The story is enjoyable for what it tries to be: a children's book series. I do have a strong interest (passion seems too strong a word) for the fanfiction of Harry Potter, I guess. But yeah, no serious enjoyment of the original.
Q:

DJ Enetro wrote:

What are some of the most important facts about human nature in your eyes?
A: Uh... the fact of having sentience and intelligence? They seem to be at the very least a major part of what makes humanity so special. (I feel like I misunderstood your question, just saying.)
Q:

twirl wrote:

Give me a mutual?
A: Done!
Q:

abraker wrote:

what will you do if ?
A: Come again? That last word seems to have been cut out. Unless that space is a placeholder for "arbitrary event happens", in which case I've almost answered this question already:

(abridged) Brisk Clarity wrote:

Using my intelligence in its less than optimal state in order to fulfill my utility function [given the new circumstances afforded by this event].
Q:

johnmedina999 wrote:

American Medical Association?
A: All my apples...
Q:

abraker wrote:

What is the difference between a post?
A: Okay, your questions are not well-formed, so I'm just going to start denying you proper answers.
form
Q:
A:
abraker
how and why?
DJ Enetro
(Some people might ask multiple questions, so if they do I suggest you use bullet points under one person in the quote)
OT:

What are your hobbies besides playing osu and reading
wowrow dude
how hard it is to play with no fingers
Epipheralis
1) What do you know about the Lords?
2) Where did you make this place?
3) A is B and B is a. What b?
ColdTooth
A candy shop is holding a festival down the street. They are selling thirteen kinds of candy canes, with around 40 of each kind, and 27 other brands of candy, such as Snickers, 3 Musketeers, and Nerds. If one box of 10 candy canes = the price of 12 small nerds boxes, and the price for one box of those said small nerds box is 0.13 cents, how many candy cane boxes can I get with 8.35 dollars?
-Makishima S-
Your rank doesn't meet your performance, I am impressed.
Too lazy to farm pp or "stay at rank" which I performed for long time now (either quit if possible pp or just decay and get 1-2 scores to keep up rank)?
abraker

Brisk Clarity wrote:

Q:

QuillGill wrote:

What do you know about the Lords?
A:They're all pretty interesting, but Hastur, the Unspeakable is probably my favorite.
DJ Enetro
(maybe put questions in a box, so that the OP doesn't get too big)
I've got two more to add on to your plate, BC I feel like it

- How strong is your passion for Harry Potter?
- What are some of the most important facts about human nature in your eyes?
twirl_old_1
give me a mutual?
abraker
what will you do if ?
johnmedina999
American Medical Association?
abraker
What is the difference between a post?