forum

Appealing body figures, preferences and opinions.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Firo Prochainezo

Vext wrote:

The Canadian with 3 posts wants to fight; I'm too lazy. I want someone to though.
He's not Canadian because Canadians are very nice people.
ShangMing_old

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

Vext wrote:

The Canadian with 3 posts wants to fight; I'm too lazy. I want someone to though.
He's not Canadian because Canadians are very nice people.
You must be American because you are fat?
YellowerYoshi
I think a lock is impending here if it is just going to devolve into a flame war. Way to have an intelligent discussion guys. :D
ShangMing_old

YellowerYoshi wrote:

I think a lock is impending here if it is just going to devolve into a flame war. Way to have an intelligent discussion guys. :D
I'm not flaming anyone, I'm simply using the same logic they used to draw conclusions because I have no valid arguments to offer, I think I was doing it pretty accurately.
Sander-Don

ShangMing wrote:

Post of the year
Topic Starter
boat
all respect lost backfire
Sander-Don
Feels bad, man.
Lost respect from that guy.
I would cry, bro.
Firo Prochainezo

ShangMing wrote:

Oh yeah, right, I forgot that jokes don't exist on the Internet because the Internet is SERIOUS BUSINESS. Excuse me. Also, I'm not American, I am a dirty immigrant.
Backfire
They deleted my epic posts.
awp
removed the literal shitposts as they risked intervening with the glory of this thread

I'm not sure whether I like or am disappointed in how uptight posts in this thread have been. It's been entertaining, but at the same time if I were expecting what is said in this thread (not the core argument, the subsequent bickering) to be serious, I'd have to consider everyone an idiot.

NeverDie's opinion of "fat people are not attractive" is his opinion of what isn't an appealing body figure or preference. That's on topic, and people don't really have any business telling him otherwise. It's dismissing the opinions of others as bullshit that makes you a massive cunt - to outright say "your opinions on specific physical forms/shapes are a detriment to society" is the kind of dick move that would derail a thread like this into a discussion of opinions rather than an opinion on the discussion topic. I'm not going to say that's exactly what happened at the end of the first page

but you're welcome to point it out, GD
Pokebis
ShangMing makes some good arguments, but some people make the lifestyle choice of being fat. Not taking care of yourself involves actual neglect of health and ignoring sanitation and such.
Like others have said, you can be chubby and still be healthy. Having an "optimal" (buffed out) figure isn't really always the right answer and would severely alter some people's busy, financial lives, or even their relationships. I've seen guys start to turn into fitness nuts to impress their girl only to have their girl dump them because of it. It all goes back to personal opinions.

And unsanitary people are always gross to me. Shower, people. (And yes, the internet has shown there are slob fetishists too)
Vext_old

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

ShangMing wrote:

Oh yeah, right, I forgot that jokes don't exist on the Internet because the Internet is SERIOUS BUSINESS. Excuse me. Also, I'm not American, I am a dirty immigrant.
You're my dirty immigrant, baby~.
Lizzehb

NeverDie wrote:

failboat wrote:

Well fortunately they managed to in the end patch it all up, and get back together again

~~~drama~~~~
This thread was all about you in the first place. There is no friend, it was you all along. So obvious.
Wasn't that stated in like the second para?

If it's about failboat, or failboat's friend, it doesn't matter! It's still about failboat wit the relation of friend and klsjgilkjdfkgdgdfg. DUH.

Y U MAKE ME SO MAD?
FisHie_old
asd
mm201

awp wrote:

NeverDie's opinion of "fat people are not attractive" is his opinion of what isn't an appealing body figure or preference. That's on topic, and people don't really have any business telling him otherwise.
The reason NeverDie is getting flamed is because he is stating his "opinion" as fact, and that opinion happens to be very objectionable, especially in this community.
GladiOol
I like my women how I like my vodka. 12 years old and mixed with coke.

Nah, but I like women to be shorter than I am (I'm 1.78m, which is quite short in the Netherlands)
Also long hair and ass.

Nothing wrong with a girl who has a bit (A BIT) of meat, but fat is disgusting though, like NeverDie already said.
FisHie_old
A long ass ?
GladiOol
yes.
FisHie_old
Awesome.
lkjl23
Whale, whale, whale.......what do we have here?
Pokebis
A little FisHie.
Whales are much larger.
sperglord
I feel like it's important to address the OP first as that was the point of the thread: If someone feels bad about their own looks, then they should stop thinking about it, and take action to change what they don't like while they keep every quality they're proud of. This is what I think every hardworking attractive person in this world does. Just think, are some people are just blessed with good looks? Fuck no, they probably had to work their asses off, and it's a full time job, just like popularity in highschool, any paying job or manual labor. Research, learn, apply, take action, and don't break your discipline. This is why I respect every well-built man and any fine looking women with sexy curves. They must have put a lot of time and dedication into how they looked WHILE balancing everything else in this life that we seem to find important these days. <3

~~~

I love girls who have a very tone body with curves because it's attractive to me. I like girls who grow their hair out and manage it very well, but only let it down when they want to look their finest. A pleasant and attractive voice will always get my attention and make me listen. Smooth and healthy skin makes me want to touch them and take care of them. Lastly a well shaped and cute face is most important out of everything as it makes me smile.

All of this is what is most important to attract healthy, strong, well-groomed, intelligent and powerful men in the very beginning.

After that it comes down to their personality, if they have a great personality, they're a keeper that you continue to love. If they fail to be very tolerable, you have sex with them and move on.

I believe in Darwinism especially after reading the book "The Moral Animal."

Just like NeverDie, I think only a moron would disregard the attractive qualities of looking good. Those are first and foremost to building attraction for a strong relationship. Trust me though, I don't look anywhere near as good as NeverDie either.

I find it really really easy to find attractive qualities in most people in the world, I just don't think it's worth it to ignore things that everyone can agree is important such as looks, social intuition, and confidence.
mathexpert
inb4 plastic surgery.
sperglord

mathexpert9981 wrote:

inb4 plastic surgery.
Hahaha, I don't think of it as a bad thing, absolutely not.

Hard work makes good money.
Hard work makes good looks.
Good money pays for good looks.

I suppose?
Vext_old
Plastic surgery? "Those aren't boobs! THEY'RE LIES!!!!"
mathexpert
I find that someone insecure enough to get plastic surgery is very unattractive, even if it doesn't look horribly artificial.
sperglord

mathexpert9981 wrote:

I find that someone insecure enough to get plastic surgery is very unattractive, even if it doesn't look horribly artificial.
That assumes that getting plastic surgery is an insecure behavior. I don't see how that is the case. But you are entitled to your biases.

A counter argument can be made that its insecure to dislike someone purely because they have had plastic surgery in their life.

You're argument completely stands if it is your current girlfriend/spouse asking you to pay for her plastic surgery. That's gold digging, and she can pay for it if she wants to better herself. HER WORK is what should make plastic surgery legitimate.
Pokebis
To me, as an individual, I find the act of plastic surgery appalling regardless of the circumstances. The only way I see it justified is if the person was injured in a way that heavily altered their physical appearance in the first place such as a burn.
But I assume it falls into body modification in general as I also don't like piercings or tattoos/body art.
Staying fit and hygienic is always a great pursuit that does deserve a proper amount of effort, but paying your way into a permanent costume isn't appealing to me a single bit.
Zelmarked
I find plastic surgery alright. Those who benefit foremost are the ones around the individual. No one's a loser. Unless the plastic surgeon screws up.
D33d

Vext wrote:

NEVERDIE ALWAYS LIES
awp

B12ad wrote:

Just like NeverDie, I think only a moron would disregard the attractive qualities of looking good.
As long as you're smart enough to realize "looking good" is relative to each individual's preferences, then yeah I'd say so

D33d wrote:

Vext wrote:

NEVERDIE ALWAYS LIES
strictly trolling without at least wrapping your post in a thin disguise of an argument is NOT ACCEPTABLE

we're looking for SOME effort
lkjl23

awp wrote:

B12ad wrote:

Just like NeverDie, I think only a moron would disregard the attractive qualities of looking good.
As long as you're smart enough to realize "looking good" is relative to each individual's preferences, then yeah I'd say so
Major consensus is that a well toned and fit body is the ideal look. There's people who even have sex with dogs, pigs, monkeys, and yes, fat people. Those people are not the norm and have obvious mental defects to certain extents.
awp
yeah but pop music is also popular/always on the radio etc and if you break its structure down, it's shit

just because the majority of people like something, it doesn't mean everyone who doesn't is "wrong" or "defective"
lkjl23

awp wrote:

yeah but pop music is also popular/always on the radio etc and if you break its structure down, it's shit

just because the majority of people like something, it doesn't mean everyone who doesn't is "wrong" or "defective"
Yeah it does. You think evolution made it so that fat people are the ones with superior genetics? Of course not. There's a reason why everyone likes what they like, because it serves an evolutionary purpose. Anyone who's fat would have not been able to escape predators back in the day, hence why we have a preference for someone that's fit because that means they have higher survival value. Anyone that doesn't prefer that is going against their evolutionary programming, hence they're a defect. Simple as that. Either a defect or really desperate.
awp

NeverDie wrote:

Anyone who's fat would have not been able to escape predators back in the day, hence why we have a preference for someone that's fit because that means they have higher survival value.
That may have been more relevant a couple hundred thousand years ago than it is now, but predators have kind of gone to the wayside. Fat people store heat better, so that has its own survival value, since some parts of the world are still cold.

NeverDie wrote:

Anyone that doesn't prefer that is going against their evolutionary programming, hence they're a defect. Simple as that. Either a defect or really desperate.
I'm pretty sure being a homosexual falls under going against evolutionary programming, and I'm pretty sure you're calling homosexuals defective. That makes your beliefs appear rooted in intolerance more than anything else, and that's going to make it hard for myself (and probably a few others) to take your words seriously. Like, not just the ones in this thread. Any of 'em.
lkjl23

awp wrote:

NeverDie wrote:

Anyone who's fat would have not been able to escape predators back in the day, hence why we have a preference for someone that's fit because that means they have higher survival value.
That may have been more relevant a couple hundred thousand years ago than it is now, but predators have kind of gone to the wayside. Fat people store heat better, so that has its own survival value, since some parts of the world are still cold.

NeverDie wrote:

Anyone that doesn't prefer that is going against their evolutionary programming, hence they're a defect. Simple as that. Either a defect or really desperate.
I'm pretty sure being a homosexual falls under going against evolutionary programming, and I'm pretty sure you're calling homosexuals defective. That makes your beliefs appear rooted in intolerance more than anything else, and that's going to make it hard for myself (and probably a few others) to take your words seriously. Like, not just the ones in this thread. Any of 'em.
Homosexuals ARE defective rofl. They wouldn't be here if their parents were homos too. Another thing you're also forgetting is that evolution takes course through millions of years. We are still the same biological entity that was here 100,000 years ago, we haven't changed at all. I just think everyone that's disagreeing with me is retarded and in plain denial, but in the end, I really don't care rofl. I'm not the one going to be screwing fatties and keep living in self-denial that, that's what I really want, it's everyone else in this thread with that mentality. Pretty sad one if you ask me, but hey to each his own. There's a good reason why people like that are the minority.
Ephemeral
I suggest you have a read of Jim McKnight's Straight science?: Homosexuality, evolution and adaptation.

Your understanding of the evolutionary concept is extremely flawed and borderlines on flat out ignorance. Either read up, or shut up.
Pokebis
I still don't get how me getting a boner for a fat bitch and me not-getting a boner for a skinny bitch is denial.
Also, with all this talk of evolution, I think I'm going to pull creationism into the mix and say your entire backup argument is bullshit.
And, as you say, being fat isn't hereditary, and while habits and some features may follow in with children the child isn't necessarily inferior genetically than if the mother was skinny.
Come at me bro.
Ephemeral

Pokebis wrote:

I still don't get how me getting a boner for a fat bitch and me not-getting a boner for a skinny bitch is denial.
Also, with all this talk of evolution, I think I'm going to pull creationism into the mix and say your entire backup argument is bullshit.
And, as you say, being fat isn't hereditary, and while habits and some features may follow in with children the child isn't necessarily inferior genetically than if the mother was skinny.
Come at me bro.
Don't even bother. NeverDie has no fucking idea what he's talking about.
Soly
"Evolutionary programming", "defence mechanism", "survival of the fittest".

*Chuckles*

I remember when I used to think like this too.
show more