forum

Appealing body figures, preferences and opinions.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Shiirn

Cuddlebun wrote:

that guy's hair
it's a weapon

about as attractive as neverdie's tits. some women would kill for those things.
Pokebis
Don't some popular band members look like that or some shit?
Also, why is NeverDie going into internet tough guy mode? Ya'll are starting to act a bit silly, I think the thread has served it's purpose.
On our left we see an insecure man. On our right we see a happy man.

If the guy is unconfident about his figure let him explore his social boundaries or let him body build or something. Whatever makes him happy. Just remind him that in the end all that matters is how he feels about himself because he ultimately can't know how others feel about him. If he pretends hard enough that people like him then they probably do.
Vext_old

Shiirn wrote:

Cuddlebun wrote:

that guy's hair
about as attractive as neverdie's tits.
AHHHHH, I almost peed!
Sander-Don
Anyone younger* then 13 years old and not male.
Sync

Sander-Don wrote:

Anyone younger* then 13 years old and not male.
kawaii ^____^;;;~~~
Rena-chan
NeverDie being a huge cunt again ?
STOP THE PRESSES.
D33d

failboat wrote:

Of course you want to look pretty and appealing for your significant other, as you'd most likely do anything to make him or her happy, but sadly he can't get into his head that his fiance is already far more then satisfied with his appearance. He is causing problem for both parts, one keeps thoroughly enjoying his appearance and giving him honest compliments and opinions on that he looks great, whilst the other keeps dragging her down with their low self-esteem and ridiculously harsh self criticism, and completely denying the fact that he is appealing in more then her eyes.
This is exactly why he shouldn't worry, and again, his misery is entirely his fault. He doesn't need to feel bad about his figure, because it's good enough for the only person who needs to care about it. If anybody else is calling him hideous, then those insults are pointless. They don't need his body and it's not for sale. If he really cares about his own figure, then he should exercise. If he can't exercise, then he shouldn't worry, because his girlfriend's happy with his figure.

This hereby proves the pointlessness of NeverDie's jockish musings, in that this guy's personality isn't doing him any favours, while his appearance is good enough for his girlfriend. It's quite silly.
Shiirn
D33d, are you able to read english? the entire point of the matter is that his self-denial is causing the lack of self-image, not any lack of support or treatment around him.
D33d

Shiirn wrote:

D33d, are you able to read english? the entire point of the matter is that his self-denial is causing the lack of self-image, not any lack of support or treatment around him.
That is entirely what I'm saying. Perhaps I didn't express myself very coherently, but I know all too well what it's like to feel bad about one's appearance. My point is that, because his girlfriend doesn't dislike his figure, he should either stop complaining about his figure or improve it via exercise.
lkjl23

D33d wrote:

failboat wrote:

Of course you want to look pretty and appealing for your significant other, as you'd most likely do anything to make him or her happy, but sadly he can't get into his head that his fiance is already far more then satisfied with his appearance. He is causing problem for both parts, one keeps thoroughly enjoying his appearance and giving him honest compliments and opinions on that he looks great, whilst the other keeps dragging her down with their low self-esteem and ridiculously harsh self criticism, and completely denying the fact that he is appealing in more then her eyes.
This is exactly why he shouldn't worry, and again, his misery is entirely his fault. He doesn't need to feel bad about his figure, because it's good enough for the only person who needs to care about it. If anybody else is calling him hideous, then those insults are pointless. They don't need his body and it's not for sale. If he really cares about his own figure, then he should exercise. If he can't exercise, then he shouldn't worry, because his girlfriend's happy with his figure.

This hereby proves the pointlessness of NeverDie's jockish musings, in that this guy's personality isn't doing him any favours, while his appearance is good enough for his girlfriend. It's quite silly.
Hence why everyone gets lazy in relationships. "You're fine just the way you are honey"

BRB putting on 100 pounds of fat then
BRB not caring about how to dress anymore
BRB not taking frequent showers anymore or grooming
BRB not bettering myself in any way

Comments like that bring out the worst in the person you're seeing.
Topic Starter
boat
Everyone? That is bullshit.

No need to be gross just because your partner likes your appearance.

Everyone aren't fucking stupid.
Pokebis

NeverDie wrote:

Hence why everyone gets lazy in relationships. "You're fine just the way you are honey"

I'm pretty sure most people would bring it up at least. If you take that comment that way you clearly lack common sense and deserve to be dumped anyways.
awp

Pokebis wrote:

If you take that comment that way you clearly lack common sense and deserve to be dumped anyways.
I think what's missing is that people don't just live to please their partner. The above listed musings would require the consensus both of the individual's partner and the individual themselves. Most people wouldn't just opt to put on a hundred pounds for the hell of it, because of the implications to their own health. It's uncomfortable and dangerous, and for the people who do think like that: let them. They'll die faster.
D33d

NeverDie wrote:

D33d wrote:

Only an idiot would behave like that. Such idiots exist, but that is not the point of what I'm saying. There is a chasm of difference between "Oh, s/he won't mind if I put on a few hundred kilos" and "We're happy together. I don't need to stress about my figure, because it's fine as it is."

If anything, I'd be a bit concerned if my other half was to completely let themselves go, solely because they're "comfortable."
Soly
Someone who is confident in themselves I find attractive. It's almost as if they exude an aura. People obsessed over their looks have fear based thinking and are often negative, cynical people to boot.
JAKACHAN

NeverDie wrote:

Going out with fat people is like rewarding bad behavior. Shows that you don't care even for your own health, and that's not very attractive.
This is where everyone should have realized you have no idea what you are talking about and have a false perception about relationships. I feel sorry for you for feeling like everyone should be in tip top condition no matter what, but some people who you consider "Not caring for their health" can't help it. Have you ever heard of actually illnesses that can cause considerable weight gain?

Before you go off and start acting like a total ass which you usually do off the bat anyways maybe you should think if your overly egotistic mind can do such a thing.

Moving on:

Really though if someone is truly attracted to you it shouldn't be because of your body it should be because of your personality, how you act, etc etc. As long as you are happy with how you are you shouldn't really worry because there is always someone out there for everyone. Also, I agree with Soly. People who are overly obsessed about their looks really turn me off. I would rather have someone who is happy with how they are.

I kind of back up my opinion with myself. I am thin for my height, but I have never been unhealthy and I am happy with how I look. I may not be the perfect body weight and be all perfectly toned and muscular and such, but in the end I would rather just be myself than try and be what I'm not.
lkjl23

JAKACHAN wrote:

NeverDie wrote:

Going out with fat people is like rewarding bad behavior. Shows that you don't care even for your own health, and that's not very attractive.
This is where everyone should have realized you have no idea what you are talking about and have a false perception about relationships. I feel sorry for you for feeling like everyone should be in tip top condition no matter what, but some people who you consider "Not caring for their health" can't help it. Have you ever heard of actually illnesses that can cause considerable weight gain?

Before you go off and start acting like a total ass which you usually do off the bat anyways maybe you should think if your overly egotistic mind can do such a thing.

Moving on:

Really though if someone is truly attracted to you it shouldn't be because of your body it should be because of your personality, how you act, etc etc. As long as you are happy with how you are you shouldn't really worry because there is always someone out there for everyone. Also, I agree with Soly. People who are overly obsessed about their looks really turn me off. I would rather have someone who is happy with how they are.

I kind of back up my opinion with myself. I am thin for my height, but I have never been unhealthy and I am happy with how I look. I may not be the perfect body weight and be all perfectly toned and muscular and such, but in the end I would rather just be myself than try and be what I'm not.
Not my fault you have low standards, and if you actually did some research instead of talking out your ass you'd realize that there is no disease that causes people to be fat regardless of what they do. So all fat people are fat simply because they don't exercise and eat right. No excuses. You sound like someone that's been beat down by life and has admitted defeat. That's not very healthy. It's pathetic trying to accept the way you are when there's so many things you can improve. You either aim for being the best you can be or stay mediocre and pathetic and just expect the world to accept it and like you for it. That doesn't sound too logical to me.
Jarby

NeverDie wrote:

So all fat people are fat simply because they don't exercise and eat right. No excuses.
I wonder if you hold paraplegics and hypothyroidism sufferers to name a few under the same standards.

NeverDie wrote:

You either aim for being the best you can be or stay mediocre and pathetic and just expect the world to accept it and like you for it. That doesn't sound too logical to me.
And that's just implying that overweight people are inherently unlikeable and deserve ostracization. Please don't tell me you hold this belief as well.
lkjl23

Jarby wrote:

NeverDie wrote:

So all fat people are fat simply because they don't exercise and eat right. No excuses.
I wonder if you hold paraplegics and hypothyroidism sufferers to name a few under the same standards.

NeverDie wrote:

You either aim for being the best you can be or stay mediocre and pathetic and just expect the world to accept it and like you for it. That doesn't sound too logical to me.
And that's just implying that overweight people are inherently unlikeable and deserve ostracization. Please don't tell me you hold this belief as well.
Other common causes of hypothyroidism include:

Congenital (birth) defects

Radiation treatments to the neck to treat different cancers, which may also damage the thyroid gland

Radioactive iodine used to treat an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)

Surgical removal of part or all of the thyroid gland, done to treat other thyroid problems

Viral thyroiditis, which may cause hyperthyroidism and is often followed by temporary or permanent hypothyroidism

Certain drugs can cause hypothyroidism, including:

Amiodarone

Drugs used for hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid), such as propylthiouracil (PTU) and methimazole

Lithium

Radiation to the brain

Sheehan syndrome, a condition that may occur in a woman who bleeds severely during pregnancy or childbirth and causes destruction of the pituitary gland

Risk factors include:

Age over 50 years

Being female

So let's look at this here. How many fat people walking around us actually have this? Maybe no more than 5-15 per thousand fatties. Yes, very sad that they have it and can't help it. But now for the rest of the 99.85% of the fat people, they can do something about it. My point is, it's a CHOICE that people are fat. A few months with proper diet and exercise fixes this, but yet they choose not. Is it logical to think it's a good choice on their part, other than they're doing it out of pure laziness? It isn't. So stop with the excuses. Stop trying to make it out like you're the victim when you aren't. And of course there's girls out there that will go for some overweight guys, but let's be honest here. you think a girl that's hot and has a bunch of guys hitting on her everyday will settle for a fat guy? Nope. When you have a selection of people you can have sex with that look a lot better, you won't pick the worst out of the pile. So much denial ITT.
Jarby
Whoa, slow down there, partner; I wasn't claiming that these conditions accounted for the majority of overweight people. However, you specified that all overweight people have no excuses. Just clearing up your generalization, mister. Anyway, I think this should all be an individual's business and not something you should have any concern about.
YellowerYoshi
I want to show up at NeverDie's door, strip naked, and dance around.

At any rate, it doesn't even have to be a disorder or disease that causes someone to have poor weight. Some body types are just naturally a bit heftier and the person could be at their healthiest point and not fall under your extremely narrow-minded standards. I'm a somewhat hefty dude but I have absolutely no health problems as a result of my weight. Blood pressure is perfect, cholesterol is low, things are fine. According to you though I'm still just a fatty.

Good thing I know where my health stands and don't give two shits about pleasing people like you.
awp

Jarby wrote:

Whoa, slow down there, partner; I wasn't claiming that these conditions accounted for the majority of overweight people. However, you specified that all overweight people have no excuses. Just clearing up your generalization, mister
Settle down, Jarling...

NeverDie wrote:

Maybe no more than 5-15 per thousand fatties. Yes, very sad that they have it and can't help it. But now for the rest of the 99.85% of the fat people
(1000-15) / 1000 = 0.985 = 98.5%

he's not good with math

(Also, I apologize for posting this for strictly inflammatory purposes and not contributing to the thread, but this here Internet's a vicious place, and if you have a lousy attitude, people will pick on you)
Pokebis
I want to help out NeverDie since he's the minority here, but I like (female) fatties. And he has his points in the wrong places.
He should be pointing out that obese people who don't take care of themselves rely on health care that healthy people may have to pay.
Except this was never the point of the thread.
Lizzehb
No idea what to say here srsly.

Umm well all I gotta say is that umm well. Hi. *runs*
Topic Starter
boat

Lizzehb wrote:

No idea what to say here srsly.

Umm well all I gotta say is that umm well. Hi. *runs*
quality posting you omnislut

this isn't off topic dear

You should rather have called neverdie a butthurt moron. That would at least be on topic.

Only thing I've agreed with him on so far is the indirect statement of that people who don't take care of themselves are naturally unappealing, other then that its all arrogance.
ziin
Average is beautiful. Personally though, I am a leg man.

Thus overweight, underweight, overly-muscled, puny, and any other forms of extremes are all forms of the same ugly. There exist some outliers, as can be seen by those who enjoy fat women (breasts and butts are all fat), those who do not care at all about looks, those who think muscles are hot, and douchebags.

There are many people who simply do not care about their health and take it for granted because that's human nature. Most of us have other shit to worry about. There are many people as well who do not have bad habits which lead to poor health, or who actually enjoy exercise, or simply have the willpower to do force themselves to do something they do not enjoy doing. As a species, advances in technology have allowed people who do not have these traits to survive comparably well, if not better than those without.

The same can be said about people with unhealthy ideals in societies. In more authoritarian societies people with contrary or disagreeable ideals like neverdie usually end up dead. However we have moved from dictatorships to republics/oligarchies where a select few govern, and are much more liberal towards acceptance. Neverdie is a product of that evolution of free society, and only survives here because of it.

There's not much you can do to help your friend other than be supportive of him. I would make fun of him for feeling bad about himself, but I don't give a shit about what other people think and way too much of a thinking introvert, so I'm a bad example.
Cuddlebun

Pokebis wrote:

I want to help out NeverDie since he's the minority here, but I like (female) fatties. And he has his points in the wrong places.
He should be pointing out that obese people who don't take care of themselves rely on health care that healthy people may have to pay.
Except this was never the point of the thread.

why would you help someone just because they're the minority
Shellghost
I thought Pokebis being a hipster was common knowledge.
Mikey

YellowerYoshi wrote:

I want to show up at NeverDie's door, strip naked, and dance around.

At any rate, it doesn't even have to be a disorder or disease that causes someone to have poor weight. Some body types are just naturally a bit heftier and the person could be at their healthiest point and not fall under your extremely narrow-minded standards. I'm a somewhat hefty dude but I have absolutely no health problems as a result of my weight. Blood pressure is perfect, cholesterol is low, things are fine. According to you though I'm still just a fatty.

Good thing I know where my health stands and don't give two shits about pleasing people like you.
actually just because you have a solid body type and your blood pressure and cholesterol are fine does not mean that it is healthy to be overweight to any extent
Rantai
I'm no expert but I do like reading journal articles to an extent.

I'm curious on the evidence.
Nazeko
All I can say is there's more to life than thinking what people could see.

The way he think is the way he thinks. I agreed on

Ephemeral wrote:

what your friend has is probably a symptom of depression rather than any implicit aspect of his personality

in my experience appearances are ultimately secondary or tertiary to other traits in a prospective partner. you simply don't care about the little things when you find a person you really like.
...and he has this ego that he should really work hard to be attractive, although being attractive is not something to work out.
like in literal saying, there are different magnets, and not all metals are attracted to that certain magnet. or so I know.

but still my preferences is people who's taller than me, and you couldn't just buy height just to attract types like me.
ShangMing_old
I am going to offer another interpretation of NeverDie's argument:
* Fat people do not care about their health, and therefore they should be looked down upon. (In general, of course there is the odd case of the exception, which does nothing to help the counter-arguments so stfu.)

To further the argument, this is the implication:
- fat people have no self discipline--in the sense that they DO have the ability to control what they eat, and in the sense that their body and mind will not cease to function should they cut back 500 calories/day so that they consume the calories of a normal person. One does not have to work out every day to be a normal weight--they simply have to not eat like a glutton every day, and the laws of thermodynamics will take effect. I don't see how this is so hard to understand?

In this sense, I don't see why you people consider fatties any better than alcoholics or WoW addicts and such. Please enlighten me if you do, though.

Based on this, I don't see how NeverDie's view is unjustified.

BTW, attacking misinterpretations of his argument (Jarby), telling your success stories about being fat and healthy simultaneously (yelloweryoshi, you're 20 years old ffs), or attacking a math error not relevant to the problem (awp), does nothing to undermine his original arguments, and makes you people look like idiots.

Come at me.
Topic Starter
boat
Well if you're all wondering how it turned out for them, he completely disallowed her to even give him compliments and call him pretty, by that matter and a lot of other things they got in a severe fight, both ended up hurt and the relationship ended.
Shiirn
anyone who couldn't see that coming shouldn't play near train tracks, just saying.
Faust
he completely disallowed her to even give him compliments and call him pretty, by that matter and a lot of other things they got in a severe fight, both ended up hurt and the relationship ended.
Fao.
FisHie_old

PS: fuck you
Vext_old
AHHH! AHHH! AHHHHHH!!!!!!
Faust
I don't even know if that's directed at me or not, or anyone. lol
Jarby

ShangMing wrote:

attacking misinterpretations of his argument (Jarby)

Jarby wrote:

Just clearing up your generalization, mister.
derp
Cuddlebun
welp that end didn't surprise me at all
show more