forum

Appealing body figures, preferences and opinions.

posted
Total Posts
show more
D33d
Appearance is certainly a very compelling factor in choosing a partner, but we have developed as a species. Unless one always goes for insipid, brain-dead floozies (NeverDie strikes me as the type, but I'm not one to say for sure), people won't prioritise appearance over personality. If neither detracts from the other, then there is no problem.

My personal preference for either gender would be "everything in moderation." I love a lean and toned figure, as long as it's not overly skinny or overly chiselled. Even if somebody's a little bit overweight, that wouldn't bother me. To use names of body types, somewhere around a swimmer/athletic build is the hottest.

I'm not too bothered about hair colour, but oddly enough, blonde's probably my least favourite; especially with pubic hair. Something about it just looks gross to me. Redheads/gingers are hit and miss with me, but if the person doesn't look incredibly pikey/frail, then they usually make me go all lusty. Generally, I'm not picky about hair, as long as it doesn't look too untidy and/or ridiculous.

To be honest, anything that reminds me of Jarby is fine by me. :3
Jarby
You know, I can't put my finger on points of attraction so easily. I can't say I have strong preferences regarding things like hair length or eye colour like some people. To me, someone that exudes health and confidence is most attractive and I suppose I have a rather broad idea about that. It might be a tad presumptuous of me as a virgin, but I find it a little strange when people have very specific sexual interests extending to such superficial appearances outside of outright fetishes. Oh well.
Cuddlebun
ITT: NeverDie discovers the quickest way to rouse people's anger
mathexpert
However; looks may not matter as much, but it seems as if this is affecting his personality as well.
<which is also a major factors in relationships? You really need to let him know that whether it'd be indirectly or directly.
lkjl23

Cuddlebun wrote:

Sadly, the truth always does that. So much denial ITT.

Everyone here admits to an ideal look of a person and yet they say looks don't matter. How does that make logical sense? It doesn't. Just plain and simple denial.
Jarby

NeverDie wrote:

Everyone here admits to an ideal look of a person and yet they say looks don't matter. How does that make logical sense? It doesn't. Just plain and simple denial.
You can have an ideal without caring much for it in regards to actually obtaining it or appreciating it in comparison to the alternative. I still don't see the impact other than how hard your dick's going to get for this person.
Shiirn
logic is not "how i think", just fyi.

it's a human ability to ignore the hormonal instincts that our nature gives us - humans are contradictory creatures through and through, if you can't accept that, then maybe you're not able to be called human.
YellowerYoshi
I don't think anyone is trying to argue that looks don't matter here. The point is that thin, tan, handsome, and fit isn't the only damn look that can be considered attractive, which you seem to have drilled into your head.
NotShinta

NeverDie wrote:

Cuddlebun wrote:

Sadly, the truth always does that. So much denial ITT.

'Mattering' isn't an on/off switch, of course everyone has an 'ideal look', that's how people work, but whether they can ignore that for something like personality varies. Maybe you should value that sort of thing rather than taking everything so literally.
lkjl23

Jarby wrote:

NeverDie wrote:

You can have an ideal without caring much for it in regards to actually obtaining it or appreciating it in comparison to the alternative. I still don't see the impact other than how hard your dick's going to get for this person.
And that's just called having low standards when you don't care. Don't know about everyone but I'd be depressed having sex with someone everyday that's 50-100+ pounds overweight. That's very taxing on the body and takes a firm understanding of physics and geometry to pull off. Wouldn't want to deal that for the rest of my life :(.
mathexpert
SEX IS ALL THAT MATTERS HAHAHA IT'S not TRUE.
Topic Starter
boat
Looks matter for sexual affection, emotional affection can easily only be due to ones personality.

All in all depends on who you are as a person and what you seek from others.
foulcoon

NeverDie wrote:

That's very taxing on the body and takes a firm understanding of physics and geometry to pull off. Wouldn't want to deal that for the rest of my life :(.
lol what

so you cant bang fat chicks because your dick is too small

nailed it.

i think its almost lock time
awp
If you're going to bring physics into this:

Science (physics specifically) actually states that people with a greater mass (heavier people, usually fat, but height also helps) are more attractive. I don't remember the formula for it, and a change in weight is a relatively modest change in how attractive you are, but it's a fact, which is infinitely more valuable than anyone's opinion on the subject.
Sync
It depends

A nice manly figure with thick, hairy arms and a nice, developed chest due to a lot of manual labor in his life... His face would have to be masculine as fuck with a goatee/baerd or shaven but still prickly. Basically an everyday's man.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

(in reality, tell your friend to stop being a pussy (which would probably be hard on you but you should still do it(lol nesting parenthesis)))
lkjl23

mathexpert9981 wrote:

Hey you want to know the wisdom to know the difference between what's true and what's not? Everything disappears.
Love, trees, rocks, steel, plastic......human beings. None of us get out alive. Now you can stick your head in the
sand and face it one day at a time, or you can be grateful, that when your body rubs against somebody elses, that it
explodes with enough pleasure to make you forget even for a minute, that you're only a walking pile of ashes. Now
THAT, is the truth. If you're strong it'll make you free, if you're weak, it'll make you....you.
awp
Following wisdom up with an opinion kind of diminishes the impact of the point the wisdom was trying to make. But I'm getting two messages here, both of which are important.

1. Species need to reproduce. Keep your genes in the pool, so your particular flavour of that species keeps going.
2. Enjoy your time here. (Doesn't matter how, just enjoy it. People without a life partner can be just as happy as those with one.)

THIS ENTIRE POST IS OFF TOPIC
Jarby

NeverDie wrote:

mathexpert9981 wrote:

Hey you want to know the wisdom to know the difference between what's true and what's not? Everything disappears.
Love, trees, rocks, steel, plastic......human beings. None of us get out alive. Now you can stick your head in the
sand and face it one day at a time, or you can be grateful, that when your body rubs against somebody elses, that it
explodes with enough pleasure to make you forget even for a minute, that you're only a walking pile of ashes. Now
THAT, is the truth. If you're strong it'll make you free, if you're weak, it'll make you....you.
Talk about glorifying sex.
Shiirn

NeverDie wrote:

mathexpert9981 wrote:

this stellar example of nihilism would be awe-inspiring and respect-inducing if it weren't you saying it.
awp

foulcoon wrote:

i think its almost lock time
Almost, but not yet...hold your fire...
Amaterasu_old

NeverDie wrote:

YellowerYoshi wrote:

My statement still applies based on the simple fact you wouldn't go for someone 100 pounds overweight. I'm still right because any girl will obviously prefer a great body with nice muscles over one that has 25+ pounds of extra fat. Just because you'll settle for less doesn't change anything. Different people have different standards and what you settle for says a lot about you to everyone.
That's certainly not true. I prefer 25 pounds overweight (as long as it's still somehow proportional) over muscles. And no, it's not setteling for less, I just dislike muscles.

And as for myself as a girl, I would rather have 20 pounds overweight than 20 pounds underweight because looking like a goddamn stick isn't what i consider appealing.

NeverDie wrote:

Don't know what world you live in buddy, but being overweight isn't attractive at all. Anyone that says looks don't matter are in serious denial. Then again I guess that's their defense mechanism of coping with their own looks. Going out with fat people is like rewarding bad behavior. Shows that you don't care even for your own health, and that's not very attractive.
That's so unthoughtful.. Most of the people with overweight aren't happy with how they look but a whole bunch of them can't do anything about it, whether it is because of some illness or whatever. And seriously, looks don't matter that much, it's more like a bonus. It's pretty sad when you rather want to be with someone who has an asshole-personality but good looks than somebody who isn't what you consider pretty but really nice, funny and lovely.
awp

Ente wrote:

It's pretty sad when you rather want to be with someone who has an asshole-personality but good looks than somebody who isn't what you consider pretty but really nice, funny and lovely.
It's not sad, it's biology.

People tend to go for someone relatively their level of "status". Status refers to a wide array of things including financial wealth, physical appearance, personality, etc. - we generally go for people similar to ourselves in that regard. Everyone has their own quirks and preferences (and yes, some people DO ACTUALLY PREFER someone with a bit of extra padding rather than someone who is ripped) but I don't think it's fair to disqualify or look down upon people's preferences just because it isn't yours. Some people do actually prefer hot, stupid chicks with bland personalities. Thanks to the new season of Beavis and Butthead I've seen enough of Jersey Shore to know that there are people like that.
Vext_old
This is my new favorite thread, move over ban appeal. Also love in its most common definition understood and seen by people does not fade with time. Also if your love is based on physical attraction it is called infatuation, which is something else entirely.
D33d
Hey NeverDie, it's often said that fat chicks are better at sex because of how eager they are to please. Also, being able to work your unsatisfying member between her body rolls in a manner which makes her orgasms real would surely feel gratifying.

Also, if somebody loves a person enough and knows what their preferences are, wouldn't they want to try to attain a better figure? You know, so that they'd have something with which they can wow their partner? It's obviously not essential at all, but that sort of thing is nice as a whole. Even if it's something as simple as shaving oneself, that alone is a nice treat. Honestly, Jarby as a fuzzy, cuddly thing would still be brilliant, but hairless is just aahhhhnnnnnng

Really, tell this guy that if he cares that much about his figure, he should get off his backside and improve it. I take a lot of pleasure in working out when I can be bothered and all of this walking to, from and around my place of study (twenty minutes to and from the bus stop in town up and down a load of slopes; not to mention walking for a bit in order to find something to eat) is having a profound effect on my legs and ass. I think so, anyway.

DEEDIT: Okay, this reminds me of my pet hate, which regards people who complain about something but can't be bothered to do anything about it. failboat, if your friend is miserable about his figure while he can do something about it, then he deserves to be miserable. If there's nothing that you can tell him that will make him be happy with his figure or improve it, then he's a lost cause and you shouldn't give him the attention. Perhaps he could work himself up enough to sort it out himself.
Faust
Truly heart-wrenching.

Actually no, but really, there is a way for everyone and anyone.
Firo Prochainezo
To be honest, I wouldn't mind if my loved one looked a little bit attractive to my own eyes (he is, but let's just put an example)! So yes, I find physical structure to be pleasureful, but not as important as emotional structure. Our lives are short, so might as well enjoy it with someone who actually cares about us, rather than sleeping around and be a lonely person for the rest of your life.
Topic Starter
boat
Of course you want to look pretty and appealing for your significant other, as you'd most likely do anything to make him or her happy, but sadly he can't get into his head that his fiance is already far more then satisfied with his appearance. He is causing problem for both parts, one keeps thoroughly enjoying his appearance and giving him honest compliments and opinions on that he looks great, whilst the other keeps dragging her down with their low self-esteem and ridiculously harsh self criticism, and completely denying the fact that he is appealing in more then her eyes.

In the end it makes everyone sad and makes the relationship weaker by becoming upset whenever he gets a compliment from the person that he claims to be the only one who matters to him. I've even heard him spouting the idiocy of that she will leave him just because of becoming bored of his appearance, which is just disrespectful and very much offensive.

Hopefully he can try reading through a few pages of this and not only realize that appearance isn't everything, but that he also is a very appealing person that should not in any way be ashamed or depressed over the fear of dissatisfying his significant other.

NeverDie is just a dickface who can't appreciate a person for who he or she is, because honestly, i would still always be able to look at whoever i am in love with in the face and find them as beautiful even if they were by society's standards "average looking".

Someone who is very much unappealing i would just not even consider socializing with in the first place, I am sorry for being arrogant in that way, but someone who doesn't even take care of him or herself i wouldn't even consider having a relationship with. The variable of making love to someone who is right out disgusting does not exist on my behalf. Surely i would not dislike the person for who he is personality wise, but any relationship would not be able to happen as being able to at least take care of your own body lies within my standards for such.
Cuddlebun

D33d wrote:

Hey NeverDie, it's often said that fat chicks are better at sex because of how eager they are to please.
Isn't that just proving his point in a vaguely offensive manner?

Unless that's what you were going for.
awp
Letting yourself go is the ultimate form of affection. "I love you so much that I'm not even going to try to appeal to members of the opposite sex, simply because I'm so happy that I'm with you that I'd never need anyone else"
Haseo_old
This thread is getting too serious.....
Firo Prochainezo

Haseo wrote:

I think it was supposed to be this serious?
Topic Starter
boat

Haseo wrote:

At the very least people for a matter of change "discuss", rather then spouting memes, irrelevant sexual innuendos and reaction images all over. I for once enjoyed reading what the people here have to say.

Point of the thread is that a relationship is at stake, and i appreciate it a lot that you all have given thought into what you've said.
lkjl23

failboat wrote:

Haseo wrote:

At the very least people for a matter of change "discuss", rather then spouting memes, irrelevant sexual innuendos and reaction images all over. I for once enjoyed reading what the people here have to say.

Point of the thread is that a relationship is at stake, and i appreciate it a lot that you all have given thought into what you've said.

Awww shucks, you're making me blush.
Topic Starter
boat

NeverDie wrote:

Awww shucks, you're making me blush.
aww piss off you estrogen filled abomination of a cotton picker

I expected you to not post at all, but yet you wholeheartedly put your valuable time and effort into stating your arrogant opinion of how you solely wish to score, and copy-pasting quotes that are irrelevant to the subject in an attempt to make you look less off a moronic dickhead.

This isn't a question of "do you like or do you not like obese woman", and an anorexic twig can be just as unappealing in ones eyes.

And not to mention how i was hoping for you to be more then a by a society's standards a stereotypical teenage male with an itching boner.

I am well aware of that you will reply with another one of your overused meme reaction images saying something along the lines of "U MAD" and whatnot, so no need to even bother, dear.
Pokebis

NeverDie wrote:

Don't know what world you live in buddy, but being overweight isn't attractive at all. Anyone that says looks don't matter are in serious denial. Then again I guess that's their defense mechanism of coping with their own looks. Going out with fat people is like rewarding bad behavior. Shows that you don't care even for your own health, and that's not very attractive.
I'm sorry, NeverDie, but I'm a fat admirer. I'm not into men so I can't vouch for that, but I usually find overweight women much more attractive than "normal" or "skinny" women.
And this is about 1/8th every man. Too lazy to find the source, but I read that somewhere.

EDIT: Didn't realize there were so many more pages.
ITT: NeverDie feeling insecure.

I don't know what an attractive man looks like, but try this. I get bonus points since they're not black:
lkjl23
Rofl those women are putrid and disgusting. That further proves my point, birds of a feather, flock together. They'll never get a hot guy with them, plain and simple. All those couples you posted at like 2/10 or 3/10 at best on the looks scale. And in the rare cases that it does happen, where a model goes out with someone hideous, there's money involved. Those pictures only prove that evolution is at work, their genetics will get weeded out eventually. I don't even think it's possible to give birth at that weight.
Firo Prochainezo
I don't even think it's possible to give birth at that weight.
Oh please, with almost 7 billion people on this planet might as well stop reproducing lol.
Vext_old

NeverDie wrote:

Those pictures only prove that evolution is at work, their genetics will get weeded out eventually.
That is quite a wrong theory, our stereotypical beauty is mostly an afront to nature, such as anorexia. Survivability actually leans toward overweight as acquiring food in the winter is more difficult and the fat protects against the cold. Genetically we will either continue evolving to weaker and weaker, frail, intelligent people (debunking your muscular, tan, guido, idiot theory) or bigger, stronger, healthier people (debunking your thin theory).
Backfire
Failboat is my hero now.
foulcoon

NeverDie wrote:

I don't even think it's possible to give birth at that weight.
you couldn't get a big girl like that pregnant anyways because, once again, you have a small dick.

also that 2nd picture both the guy and girl are the fugliest things i've ever seen holy shit thats horrifying
show more