forum

What are some ways you can farm in CtB!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Poseidon
THIS WILL BE POSTED ON THE MANIA, TAIKO AND CTB FORUMS, IF POSTING THE BASICALLY THE SAME THING WITH MINOR DIFFERENCES ON MULTIPLE FORUMS IS AGAINST THE RULES, LET ME KNOW!

before you type down below that "farming is bad and ruins the game" or "rank/pp doesnt = skill"
I know that, but there is a decent percentage of osu! players who like competitiveness, higher pp or better rank. It shows them that they are improving and its always nice seeing your pp rise (no dirty joke intended).

Anyways lets get into why i'm asking this question

I'm making a video for Christmas; since I haven't made a video in a while and i'm going to talk about ways of farming pp in all 4 modes. I have played CtB before but not as religiously as other modes. I know a decent amount of farming techniques for standard but that is the only gamemode i'm fairly "familiar" with.

If you know any ways of farming, please help out! :D
A Moon Gust
Higher PP doesn't always show improvement.
To earn PP, just FC maps and learn mods.
:L
Laharl
One way I used to go back then was looking at the profiles of some players ranked a few ranks higher than me and looking for scores I can do on my own.
Kingkevin30
There aren't really many tactics left when it comes to farming in CTB,

from the 0-300pp range you can kinda get by, through playing a lot of different Maps with a lot of spacing & hypers (probably in combination with HRHD)
maybe even some special exceptions where you can farm through playing EZDT or EZFL, like for example: (Banned Forever) or (osu! Stream Compilation)

in the mid-range you have the big hitters that "everybody" kinda has to play to advance. Like, (XENO) ; (Vajuranda) ; (Yoyami Hanabi) ; (Blu (Speed Up Ver.) and the list goes on an on.

Then the High Range with stuff like : (Inferno) ; (chrono diver -fragment-) ; (d:for the DELTA) ; (AugoEidEs) ; (Genryuu Kaiko) or you could just play the previous maps with HRHD, or even HDDT if possible

and the Top Tier stuff is just whatever new map came out to blast through 800pp, or just the previous entry's again, just with HRHD or DT if possible

So in short : "play only CTB specifics, Converts are dead (or way to hard) , If you can't FC them, play whatever you already FC'ed and slap HRHD on it, If you see that its mapped by either Ascendance, CLSW, Koliron, you already know that you are forced to play it at some point. And if you are Korean slap DT on their High-Tier maps"
Skyleia
there is a tactic, mode=c status=r
Nanachii
play ctb maps and not converts for ez pp
Yostel
Play CLSW and Spectator maps