1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings
  4. osu!taiko
posted
THIS WILL BE POSTED ON THE MANIA, TAIKO AND CTB FORUMS, IF POSTING THE BASICALLY THE SAME THING WITH MINOR DIFFERENCES ON MULTIPLE FORUMS IS AGAINST THE RULES, LET ME KNOW!

before you type down below that "farming is bad and ruins the game" or "rank/pp doesnt = skill"
I know that, but there is a decent percentage of osu! players who like competitiveness, higher pp or better rank. It shows them that they are improving and its always nice seeing your pp rise (no dirty joke intended).

Anyways lets get into why i'm asking this question

I'm making a video for Christmas; since I haven't made a video in a while and i'm going to talk about ways of farming pp in all 4 modes. I have played Taiko before but not as religiously as other modes. I know a decent amount of farming techniques for standard but that is the only gamemode i'm fairly "familiar" with.

If you know any ways of farming, please help out! :D
posted
Not much to say about it
Most of the time its just playing beatmaps that have alot of 1/8 doublets and 1/6 quads
but there are also some converts that for some reason give alot of pp
or doing it for the most "fair" way, by using HR alot

you can also use DT but personally i suck at it LOL
posted
play everything with HR or HD

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by what are some ways you can farm cause the only real way to farm is to look at pp maps by going for other people's scores. If you mean types of maps that inflate the pp system then it might be easier to answer.
posted

Vulkin wrote:

Not much to say about it
Most of the time its just playing beatmaps that have alot of 1/8 doublets and 1/6 quads
but there are also some converts that for some reason give alot of pp
or doing it for the most "fair" way, by using HR alot

you can also use DT but personally i suck at it LOL
Thank You!


agu wrote:

If you mean types of maps that inflate the pp system then it might be easier to answer.
Im not that familiar with taiko, i already have play stealing down and yes thats good any farmy types or maps that Vulkin hasnt mentioned yet!
posted
kddkddkddk and dkkdkkdkkd patterns inflate pp heavily.
posted

agu wrote:

kddkddkddk and dkkdkkdkkd patterns inflate pp heavily.
ahh ty, can you link a map that uses this :D
posted
Due to combo not being a factor but instead # of misses (also ACC>Misses for PP), length bonus on maps becomes a huge factor.

Length bonus caps out at 2400 hit objects so playing maps that have 2400+ hit objects are massive PP. This is something that is a good way of PP farming for not just the top players but players of any level.

If you want PP = Play long maps
posted

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

Due to combo not being a factor but instead # of misses (also ACC>Misses for PP), length bonus on maps becomes a huge factor.

Length bonus caps out at 2400 hit objects so playing maps that have 2400+ hit objects are massive PP. This is something that is a good way of PP farming for not just the top players but players of any level.

If you want PP = Play long maps
Thanks so Much!
posted
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/28609 (Kana's Taiko Oni)
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/576979?m=1 (Inner Oni) [doesn't give that much pp without DT]
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/31750 (Sin) [also has fast kdd kdd kdd kdd which probably inflates a bit since it's similiar]

unfortunately I can't think of any other super notable maps with this pattern

also I forgot to mention patterns like [kddk]d[kkkd] and [dkkd]k[dddk] also inflate pp a lot (the brackets indicating 1/6)

these use that pattern:
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/784270
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/936050
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1419340

all of these are really notable pp maps
Please sign in to reply.