forum

Login problem!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mad Bonnie
I've had a look around and this exact error is in the "resolved" forum, but the circumstances are different and as there was no specific answer provided in the other thread.

I recently had to reset my password because I forgot it. :oops: After doing so, osu! still had me listed as being logged in, without me having to submit the new password. However it no longer used the online features correctly, i.e. I was listed as logged in but I couldn't get online ranking, etc. So I logged out in osu! and tried to log in again using my new password.

Now all I get it this:

It gets stuck at "Testing login..." and never gets any further.

It's not a problem with my firewall; I've purposely listed osu! as a trusted program that's allowed to access the internet.

I don't know what to do. Could anybody help?
Tapdancingmetroid
It looks like a firewall issue...
It is possible that a more recent build of Osu was recognized as a different program by your firewall. Try double-checking your firewall settings.
If that's not the problem, then I'm not really sure what is... :<
hunnykilla
Had the same problem with osu on xp. If your on a guest account make an admin and run osu on the admin account. It should work
Topic Starter
Mad Bonnie
I'm using a laptop running Vista, I'm the only user on here, and I have an Admin account. I've never had any issues with it before this.

Went onto Zonealarm (my firewall) and specifically set osu!'s values to give it trusted staus (it could use this setting before, it just needed to ask for my authorisation when doing so.). It was already allowed to transfer data in and out: the "trusted" setting had never been an issue before today.

And after all that it still doesn't work. :x

I shall try changing my password again, and see if that works.
Skya
I have the very same problem, I have an admin account (just for the record).

Every minute or two I get "Connection to Bancho failed" in red at the bottom of the screen. Don't know what a firewall is though.

EDIT: I played a map and went back... It seems the problem fixed itself with me doing anything. =)
An64fan

Skya wrote:

I have the very same problem, I have an admin account (just for the record).

Every minute or two I get "Connection to Bancho failed" in red at the bottom of the screen. Don't know what a firewall is though.

EDIT: I played a map and went back... It seems the problem fixed itself with me doing anything. =)
This is particular. It was a Bancho failure. Online features were all down for a few hours.
awp
When this happens, go to osu.ppy.sh to make sure it's just you having the problem and not Bancho itself. If Bancho's to blame, the chat in the bottom right corner will not be moving.
Echo
Then when you're sure Bancho is to blame, call peppy.
Puffles
My friend really wants to play with me. I can log in using her account, but when she tries to log in on her computer, she gets this exact same problem, where her login screen just stays on "Testing login..."

Her firewall is totally disabled, and she's an admin on her account (she's using Windows XP). Can anyone help?

Download: Rodrigo Zea - Los Viajes Johto (KenezzEdward) [Astom's Hard].osu
peppy
Apart from doing diagnostics on her pc, not really. Probably some kind of internet security software or virus scanner being nazi.
ded_old
This happens to me from time to time also, the only thing that helps is playing a solo game and suddenly it works again
misha-misha_old
I'm having trouble with this too, after recently getting the update.
It's allowed on my firewall as well, and I've never had this problem, same as the one Mad Bonnie listed, of being stuck on the login screen.

peppy
Its a stab in the dark, but have you tried turning on the Limit Framerate option in the Options screen?