forum

[Mania] Allow 2 Keyboard keys to be assigned for single key

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
SisconOniisan
To be more clear, can we allow one mania key to be bound to two different keyboard keys? Something like the 2 keys used in STD that have the same function.

For example (5K):

Q W E 7 8 9 (Keybinding)
| | | | | |
1 2 3 3 4 5 (Mania Column #)

Basically, you can press either E or 7 to register a hit on the center column of a 5K mania map. So you can technically use your 6K key bindings to play a 5K map, or use your 8K bindings on a 7K map, etc.

For me, it's just very disorienting having one hand press more than the other (I'm currently learning 7K), others could have 2 sets of keys so they can switch around or as backup. :D
Sandy Hoey
Wouldn’t it be just as confusing to now know which hand to use for that note? I think in the end you would get used to using one more than the other

Im not sure because I’m stupid and anything other than 4K hurts my brain
Full Tablet
You can assign some lanes to 2 different keyboard keys, but only on the lane on the right or on the left while playing 8K (to play 7K+1 with IIDX controller compatibility, since each direction of the turntable counts as a separate input) or with 10K or above.
Previously, you could also assign a different keyboard key for the middle lane in odd keycounts (1K-3K-5K-7K), but that got removed years ago the moment they moved the mania keybindings from settings of your skin to general client settings.
Topic Starter
SisconOniisan

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Wouldn’t it be just as confusing to now know which hand to use for that note? I think in the end you would get used to using one more than the other

Im not sure because I’m stupid and anything other than 4K hurts my brain

My current mindset on mania is that I assign lanes from furthest out from the sides to the middle then assigning those to my fingers on each hand. When I see that odd one in the middle I instinctively press the finger closest to the center on either side. So with my current keybindings, only my left hand's thumb is on the space bar but I still jerk my right hand thumb (and not pressing on my left).

Idk, maybe its just me.
abraker
I believe you can do this using glovepie FreePIE