forum

Words that have gone out of fashion

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
adam2046
I've noticed that certain have recently felt wrong to use in conversation, I've put this down to them being out of fashion and not acceptable for use. Anyone else get this and if so what words?

One that occured was mustn't replaced by shouldn't.
I don't think it was ever okay to say "radical" unless you're a doctor/scientist.
Loginer
Dude, that word is radical.
MusicFan
Loginer
Dude, that word is quite radical.
Neo@lex
Bogus?
YoshiKart
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Loginer
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
YoshiKart
Halt your inconsistent blabbering! @^@
Loginer
Negative.

Come get some hot stuff!!
lukewarmholiday
Ekaru
shall

Also, any word that is more than 10 letters long, unless it's a combo word or something silly like that. Also, "you suck" is outdated, as it has now been replaced by a...certain other phrase.
Pokebis
What happened to math? There are radicals in math! √x
Loginer

Ekaru wrote:

Also, any word that is more than 10 letters long
No. Just no. <.<
Pokebis

Ekaru wrote:

Preposterous!
Yuukari-Banteki
only because Engish encompasses excessive amounts of superfluous diction.
SBKT
Nifty.

Alphanumeric!
Pokebis
Loginer
silasw
This thread is doubleplusgood.
Ekaru

Loginer wrote:

Ekaru wrote:

No. Just no. <.<
Nah, go to my school, and you'll see that most students don't bother with words that are more than 10 letters long unless it's a class name (Trignometry), a math term, or is absolutely necessary. Otherwise they either use shorter words, or cuss words........

So among teenagers, any words more than 10 letters long is outdated unless you HAVE to use it, because people are lazy nowadays. :D
Zerostarry
xerxes_oli

Zerostarry wrote:

zetta
oh no you did'nt

K2J
Ergo and frothing come to mind, but only because Miles Edgeworth uses them.
Topic Starter
adam2046
Hence and in turn henceforth.
MusicFan

Ekaru wrote:

Also, any word that is more than 10 letters long, unless it's a combo word or something silly like that.
Balderdash!
Rolled

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

only because Engish encompasses excessive amounts of superfluous diction.
lol diction.