forum

[Archived] osu! on ARM based laptop

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
cla7997
I'm not sure where to post this but...
I want to buy this ARM based laptop for the school (because I want to get used to linux): https://www.pine64.org/?page_id=3707 and I was wondering if there's a way of playing osu! on this thing..
Important specs:
CPU: 1.2GHz 64-Bit Quad-Core ARM Cortex A53
RAM: 2 GB LPDDR3
Vuelo Eluko
you'd need to emulate an x86 environment to get osu! to run and with no graphics processor, with such a cpu it will definitely be lag city.

Don't bother imo
winber1
my god will that shit even be able to run osu

if you want to get used to linux just install ubuntu LOL
Topic Starter
cla7997

winber1 wrote:

my god will that shit even be able to run osu

if you want to get used to linux just install ubuntu LOL
My actual laptop weight 4 kg, it doesn't fit in any backpack and die instantly without charging, soooo
And I don't want to install a VM because it's optional and I probably won't use it

And I don't know how to make the partition...is that complicated?

Edit: I should probably get a Jumper or something like that and make the partition to them so if something goes wrong won't be a pain to live with it (because I have a lot of stuff on my PC and I need it everyday so will be a pain to having access to it)
winber1

cla7997 wrote:

And I don't want to install a VM because it's optional and I probably won't use it
???

but ur willing to spend 99 bucks on absolute garbage instead ???

LOL

it's not hard to make a partition at all. windows literalyl gives u a visual u to change partitions and there are plenty of easy install ubuntu guides (without overwriting windows)
Flanster
You're overcomplicating things for yourself with ARM based hardware if you want to run osu! on it.
This thing is literally targeted at developers and recommended for lightweight workloads. As stated on the page:

If you are looking for a device to replace your current work or school laptop, then perhaps it’s wise to look elsewhere.

Probably the best solution for that laptop is running an Android version of opsu!.
Topic Starter
cla7997

winber1 wrote:

cla7997 wrote:

???

but ur willing to spend 99 bucks on absolute garbage instead ???

LOL

it's not hard to make a partition at all. windows literalyl gives u a visual u to change partitions and there are plenty of easy install ubuntu guides (without overwriting windows)
I can't still move my laptop since the battery is literally dead, but instead of the Pinebook I'll probably get a lightweight Atom or Celeron laptop and do the partition on that, maybe it's more intelligent that way