forum

I only really use Z and it limits me.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Macu
Have u guys got anytips on how i can train to use x more as it is really limiting me only using 1 finger, but i feel that when i use x it off balances me, if that makes sense

P.S: 1k PP just starting 5 star maps.

:)
Green Platinum
The difficulty comes from alternating fingers not what finger you use. So just practice streamier maps that you can play.
Saltssaumure
Go back to maps that you can easily get an S on, and play those while strictly alternating fingers. After a while you should be able to use both fingers equally as well.
Vuelo Eluko
it is too soon for you to do 5* maps my dude
you've barely mastered 3* and you're skipping an entire star difficulty bracket that will teach you how to use both keys effectively among other things required for the 5*+
pandaBee
What's with beginners rushing to 5*, do they think that makes them good or impressive in anyway? We get a new one every other day.
Nao Tomori
yes people tend to think that clearing more difficult things is a sign they are better at the game :o :o :o shocking i know
pandaBee

Naotoshi wrote:

yes people tend to think that clearing more difficult things is a sign they are better at the game :o :o :o shocking i know
The thing that gets me is that the posts are always structured like this:

I'm bad at X
I'm playing Maps that are clearly well beyond my capacity (Am I good? That's good right? I'm improving so fast. Pls notice me senpai and watch this sick play too while you're at it.)
Why am I bad at X?

Like Gee, I wonder what the issue could possibly be.

I usually just laugh at them and get my +1s but I guess I didn't eat enough bamboo today.

Play more.
Tamako Lumisade
Try to play maps, where you are not able to keep up with just one finger. Then try to add the second one. Do something I call "pseudo-streaming". Try to "stream" through the single notes. Slowly. Eventually you will learn how to alternate properly. I'm an alternate player, so trust me :D
Azureskys
The best tip I could give is try to alternate to the rhythm and def don't skip to 5 star maps you'll gain nothing from it. Work your way through 3 star maps and play A VARIETY of different maps because some of going to be streamier than others. This is especially true when you see the triplet note spam those are great for learning how to alternate.
[ Scarlet Red ]
Well I think I should be able to answer this.

I've been a strict alternator for quite a while, and it really helps to 'feel the beat" if that makes sense. I'd recommend playing easier maps with a very distinct and clear rhythm. Learn those pretty well and move onto more complicated rhythms. But make sure you keep track of your accuracy and your combo, and try to improve those. In time you'll be able to alternate. As for me, it just came naturally (because I couldn't play faster maps so I was forced to alternate to pass anything)

A lot of people are known as "single tappers" in which they primarily use one button to hit a lot of patterns. They'll use the other for quick doubles, triples, bursts, or streams. But rarely use it for other reasons.
Topic Starter
Macu

Macu wrote:

Have u guys got anytips on how i can train to use x more as it is really limiting me only using 1 finger, but i feel that when i use x it off balances me, if that makes sense

P.S: 1k PP just starting 5 star maps.

:)

omfg hahahahaha only used 1 finger