forum

Best tablet atm for osu ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SUCCBOI
Im searching for the best tablet for osu on the market right now .
Vuelo Eluko
pick what looks the comfiest, as long as it's bamboo it'll be good. Most new intuos will be too but I hear some are iffy.
imo cth-460 looks cozy af, I would pick one up if I was able to find one when I was shopping for a tablet a few yrs back.
Solarys
I use a XP-PEN G430, and it works perfectly fine.

Yes, Wacom tablets may be better than this one, but unless you decide to play eBay Roulette, the G430 easily gives the best bang for your buck.

But if you insist on the best of the best and have the money to dump into that greatness, then by all means, go Wacom. (just not a Cintiq, my god)
E m i
XP-Pen Star06 has the best known parameters of all tablets. OK best parameters known by me, but importantly better than ctl-480.
pandaBee

Momiji wrote:

XP-Pen Star06 has the best known parameters of all tablets. OK best parameters known by me, but importantly better than ctl-480.
How is it better mommy? Lay some knowledge on me.
ManuelOsuPlayer
Players usually put their setup at their profile. Check who you think have the best aim.
In my opinion it's Rafis or Fils
E m i

pandaBee wrote:

Momiji wrote:

CTL-480
report rate: 200hz
stated accuracy: 0.02 inch / 0.5mm
active area: 152 x 95 mm

XP-Pen Star06
report rate: 250hz
stated accuracy: 0.01 inch / 0.25mm
active area: 254 x 152 mm

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Players usually put their setup at their profile. Check who you think have the best aim.
In my opinion it's Rafis or Fils
wtf is this post
Vuelo Eluko
What is stated accuracy? If I make the cursor go between 2 exact points like with a stencil it will keep landing on the same 2 pixels, so i guess cth-470 has been blessed by the accuracy gods

if you mean something else it doesn't seem relevant
E m i
keep in mind that each unit of the ctl-470 and ctl-480 is 0.01 by 0.01 inches in dimensions, now 0.02 inches of accuracy makes sense

it's a vague thing that i wouldn't even call a parameter but xp-pen star06 is stated to be 0.01 inches accurate, not 0.02. they are likely to even be measured differently by wacom and xp-pen so you won't know unless you ask them.
ManuelOsuPlayer
I mean, no sense to ask 1k to 999999k player in the forum what is the best tablet. Go to best players profile and check if they share same tablet. So you know that one it's a good choice.
E m i

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

I mean, no sense to ask 1k to 999999k player in the forum what is the best tablet. Go to best players profile and check if they share same tablet. So you know that one it's a good choice.
Ok and he said best tablet, not most popular tablet
Vuelo Eluko

Momiji wrote:

keep in mind that each unit of the ctl-470 and ctl-480 is 0.01 by 0.01 inches in dimensions, now 0.02 inches of accuracy makes sense

it's a vague thing that i wouldn't even call a parameter but xp-pen star06 is stated to be 0.01 inches accurate, not 0.02. they are likely to even be measured differently by wacom and xp-pen so you won't know unless you ask them.
but does the measurement matter in playing at all
what does accuracy even mean here
E m i

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

Momiji wrote:

but does the measurement matter in playing at all
what does accuracy even mean here
I don't know, it's probably matters like 80 times less than the fact that your grip might change during gameplay and the tablet might tilt itself. But he asked which tablet is best so apparently he cares about which tablet is best, and it's more about the fact that xp-pen star06 doesn't seem to be mega worse in some hidden aspect.
Vuelo Eluko
I'm just not sure what accuracy is in this context, that's a.. Like I said, if I use a stencil I'm always drawing across the same pixels, there's no 0.1mm or 0.2mm of inconsistency that I can measure.

So if it doesn't refer to the margin for error of precision for the cursor, what else could it possibly mean?

I'd say refresh rate is the only difference that may matter and might make the difference between a miss and hitting the very edge of the circle, one in every 10000 long jumps at high bpm, and in that way the xp-pen wins
NixXSkate

Momiji wrote:

pandaBee wrote:

CTL-480
report rate: 200hz
stated accuracy: 0.02 inch / 0.5mm
active area: 152 x 95 mm

XP-Pen Star06
report rate: 250hz
stated accuracy: 0.01 inch / 0.25mm
active area: 254 x 152 mm
I don't know much about tablets since I'm a mouse player, but how does the XP-Pen tablet compare to an Intuos4? I remember using my friend's once and it felt significantly smoother than my old CTH-661

EDIT: With some research it looks like it's still the same max report rate as other Wacom tablets, strange since it feels so much smoother
E m i
Maximum Report Rate
197 pps

Pen Accuracy
±0.01"
(±0.25 mm)

says Wacom.
Topic Starter
SUCCBOI
Thank you guys for your great help :) :P :P :P
Akanagi
Just go with the CTH-480. The majority of the people uses it and it's the most broken down tablet in osu! right now.
There are tons of threads and reddit posts about what drivers to use and a lot of different areas to choose from.

Just from the amount of support for it and the placebo that most of the pros use it I think it's the best tablet right now. Seeing that you live in Germany you can also get it pretty cheap on ebay (20-35)