forum

Meg & Dia - Here, Here and Here

posted
Total Posts
show more
Katsuri
Hello Larto, I hope my mod helps you to improve your map or at least make it rankable :D

General
  1. I felt special when saw this.
  2. Nice SB, but don't you think an Epilepsy Warning is good in this situation? You have some flashes bothering me and I think it's a bit strong to ignore the warning.
  3. After the first break, the player play too much without stop, I suggest you to add a break between(02:35:645, 02:45:645)
  4. Hmm, one thing is bothering AiBAT here. I don't think you really need to change but on the Insane difficulty the second uninherited timing section is 1 ms early of the other diffs, as you can see there:

1. SPOILER
        - [Easy]
      Red timing sections at:
      00:00:129, BPM of 87,000
      00:01:163, BPM of 87,000

- [Hard]
      Red timing sections at:

- [Insane]
      Red timing sections at:
      00:01:164, BPM of 87,000

- [Normal]
      Red timing sections at:
Easy
  1. The start of the third kiai isn't snapped, You have to fix it.
  2. 01:57:025 (1) - The middle point of your slider isn't on the middle of the playfiled, consider moving it to the middle for awesome and sexy symmetry.
  3. 02:21:852 (6) - Start of new phrase here, is highly recommended by me use new combo here here and here.
  4. 02:27:369 (5) - Same as before, sir. New combo.
  5. 03:05:990 (6,7,8,9) - Quite rude jumps for an easy, sir. Consider lowering it.
  6. 03:17:025 (6,7,8,9) - ^
Overall Grade: 9.6

Normal
  1. 00:12:197 (1,2,3) - Awesome start!
  2. The start of the third kiai isn't snapped, You have to fix it.
  3. 01:27:025 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I think this notes section don't fit to the map at all, I suggest you making this Symmetric like this?
  4. 01:46:162 (1) - Oh, don't start this on the blue tick man, It's not really good because It's ugly.
  5. 02:36:335 (2) - I don't know you, but I think that see the slider overlapping the hp bar has more visual appeal than see it overlaping another slider. I suggest you to move it some grids up to avoid overlaping the slider even if the slider overlap the hpbar.
Overall Grade: 9.6

Hard
  1. A lot of unsnapped notes and sliders, Try re-snapping all notes.
  2. 00:48:060 (4) - NAZI: One grid to the left will be good to stack with 00:47:026 (1) -
  3. 02:30:215 (1) - There is just one thing uglyier than spinners on blue ticks: Spinners on yellow ticks. Consider moving it please, it is really ugly.
Overall Grade: 9.8

Insane
  1. Some problems about snapping:
    1. Snapping:
      00:45:302 (3) - Unsnapped slider (end).
      00:46:681 (5) - Unsnapped slider (end).
      00:48:060 (2) - Unsnapped slider (end).
      00:49:440 (4) - Unsnapped slider (end).
    01:04:612 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Awesome.
  2. 01:25:474 (4,5) - I think the claps fit more for (4) than for (5). I suggest you to permute the claps and then add a clap on the start of 01:25:991 (6) -. OMG, It's so awesome.
  3. 01:59:784 (8) - Start of phrase, start of combo. I suggest you to add a new combo.
  4. 02:30:129 (3) - Is this not stack on purpose? :o
Overall Grade: 10.0
narakucrimson

IceBeam wrote:

thank you,Larto
For some reason, this was very emotional. Really, I "felt" the song. Thank you for this awesome project, man.
Katsuri

narakucrimson wrote:

IceBeam wrote:

thank you,Larto
For some reason, this was very emotional. Really, I "felt" the song. Thank you for this awesome project, man.
Yep, Larto is that awesome.
Topic Starter
Larto
Modding Katsuri's mod: Your mod was very good. Not only pointing out mistakes, but also encouraging the mapper in what he did well. It's more fun to fix your map when people also point out the stuff you did right.
The layout was very nicely coordinated and good to read. The Grade thing is a little unnecessary imho, but hey, nice extra :P
MoodyRPG
Well this is the end for this awesome proyect,the end of the road,is nice too see people to finish a proyect so you did it with a emotional SB,so

General
  1. Ups, you forgot to add the epilepsy warning in Normal,Hard and Insane
Easy
  • -- I think is a liiitle excessive to put AR: 4 so i suggest to reduce one tick
    - 01:43:231 (4) - Do you think to put a new combo here? i think is better for follow your pattern
    - 03:16:335 (3,4) - Fix this liiitle error spacing
    - 03:28:059 (5) - Pretty nice if you put a new combo here for not the big combo's in my opinion
    - 03:29:783 (6) - For being consistent you need add a clap here
Normal
  • - Nice
Hard
  • - 00:52:887 (5) - Try to center this note please,looks nice in my opinion
    - 02:47:369 (2) - This is sounds terrible wrong and is confused playing this,i talk with Sappha about this so try to adjust this slider
Insane
  • - Lovely.
Well that's it,beatiful song <3 so i want to thanks to Shinta,Katsu and Sappha for help Larto so good luck and finish this :)
Low
:D
Musty

IceBeam wrote:

thank you,Larto
NotShinta
pink

it's still a mod post. I won't be bubblin', get more stars
Musty

NotShinta wrote:

pink

Get this bubbled ;w;;ww;w;
Realazy

NotShinta wrote:

pink

Holy shit man this is genius
NotShinta
this one time. I beg you. We're proud to announce it's halftime in NotShinta, and also it's half time in Meg & Sia.

Where there's a reason, there's a purpose. As is the case here. And where there is a purpose, there is good, but there is also bad. As has been.

But there are different kinds of good and bad. There's hurting stable feelings. There's giving muffins to somebody that deserves them. There's being there for someone who isn't always quite there. And there's deciding to not pollute water and give everybody who drinks it cholera. In the long run, it might matter, or it might not. In fact, nothing really matters. It culminates in nothing, nothing. And everyone knows the ends justify the means.

Or do they?

That's what the point is not. On rateyourmusic.com, on which people rate music that belongs to other people, misleadingly, Here, Here and Here has a total 5-star rating of 3.16. From 40 ratings. "An Avril Lavigne upgrade and two of them. Meg and Dia write some precious lyrics and unabashedly youthful but very enjoyable and almost poetic (I use that word loosely because they use some oddly hilarious rhymes)." states the first, 3 and a half star, review.

You can argue with that. To some extent, you can't. In fact, some would say you can't at all. I mean, "You write me letters like you've transformed into Charles Dickens overnight or something (OH I'M SORRY)". That's not a rhyme but it's unforgivable. Dickens may have captured London in the year mumblemumble in a very accurate manner and generally was very influential in history and in writing, but he wrote letters!

Nobody should really care. Peter wouldn't. Take yo' pick. Jackson, Frampton, Gabriel. Wait, Frampton? Who is this imposter? I don't blame him. I don't blame anyone. Not least The Artist, or His Art. Such a wild heart. Such a wild youth.

Earth to Larto. On Insane, on this map, I like the way the HP Bar takes a while to recover after a short but noticeable draining section. It's not much, and it's not too intense, but it's all we've got. Yeah, it's all we've got.

Let me tell you a story. Once, I was walking home from school. I found I had a fiver in my pocket, and I was walking past the supermarket, so I decided to go in. Not sure why; I didn't need any groceries or anything in any case and there's not much else you can buy there that isn't overpriced. Maybe I hoped to come out with a can of Coke or something.

But I was walking past the condiment aisle, just loitering. I saw my baby then. A Jar. Of pickles, to be precise, but it was not the Jar itself I fell in love with. I caught the eye of a single pickle. "I must take this home", I decided, and avoided the eye contact of The Man as I bought this small jar of pickles, and took it home.

When I got home, I didn't even turn on my TV, nor the computer. I didn't even fix myself a snack, like usual. I just waltzed right up the stairs, and finally reached the bathroom. The best room. The room with the least secrets and lies, with these people. Retelling it to you, it sounds silly, but I tell you, what I felt then was love. The real love, the kind that makes everything seem alright, not the kind that decides that I have to spend all my money on Gary Numan albums. I had even forgotten I wasn't getting much love in my life, but there it was, as if it had never left. With only a pickle. All of a sudden, anger had no place in my life. And it never had. But it had now learnt its lesson.

It was time to eat. I put the pickle aside and put some fish in the oven, and promptly in half an hour, it was ready to eat, right in front of the TV. I was tired, but certainly not sleepy. I read a book inside my bed, with the pickle providing all the light I needed through that long night.

When I woke up, my lover had melted. He was nowhere to be found. I thought about him all through school, fiver in hand. The Man did not greet me as I ran back into the supermarket. And neither did any of the pickles. Mostly cucumbers, really, with some garlic and pickling spices.

They were just pickles. But I still know that was most definitely love.

That was not my story. It was the Song "Reading Time with Pickle". As I've probably revealed by now. But that's what the point is not. It's fixing up a projector again, but it's actually quite true to situation gone down during Here, Here and Here's mapping production. Except I didn't realise how sexual it all was. I wish I had never paid attention to the bathroom verse. In fact, the truth is, the situation is a bit sexual, but nothing exceeding past the normal.

That's the last I'll say. It's all I ever needed to say. On my desktop, there's celibate desperation. No, that's all I needed to say.

I'm sorry, all of you. All he takes from this is courage. I've no regrets.

Oh, by the way, we're bubbling in Canada next month. Like biased rats. But let it pass, just
SapphireGhost
Modded by PM with Larto:
- Inconsistent epilepsy warning fixed.
- Inconsistent kiai times corrected.
- Colourhaxing mistakes purged.
- Other small errors (spacing/overlap) obliterated.

The Meg & Dia project really was the time of my life, and a record of myself. When I look back on mods I made in the summer of 2011, I can honestly say one thing; they were a bit too silly, and that was a fault. But as I continued to enjoy each Meg & Dia map from Larto, I improved my modding along the way with it, and by One Sail I was a MAT. It was the first song I heard when I got the news, and the fourth map I bubbled.

Life continued to improve. I supported Larto along the way, drew pictures for each map, and in the end, there was nothing to composing my favourite map. The pictures were featured, the name was mentioned (yes it's purple but that's how it was at the time)... and the project was complete. I was promoted to BAT in time to rank Here, Here and Here and end the Meg & Dia project with true satisfaction. So I give this map my heart, and best wishes.

Kawayi Rika
Yap ~ Sapp's first Ranked ><
Gonzvlo
Congratulations Larto, you're awesome! Congratulations Sapphire, you're awesome too!

Less than 3.
Aurele
Congratulation !
Mercurial
Congratulations Sir Larto.

I love you, your maps and everything about you. You're my god of mapping n.n

Thank you for all ♥

Also, thanks Sapphire for rank it, this means A LOT for me (Larto's maps Stalker) :3
Hika
here, here & here,
he pointed to his heart & mind & ears.

congrats <3
D33d
YESSSSS
mancuso_JM_
YAY!!! CONGRATZ MAN!!
Also Congratz to Sapphire to Rank his first map!! :D
Kenezz
OMG OMG OMG \o/
IceBeam
Y E S
MoodyRPG
So, this is the best work from Larto

Meg & Dia for existing
Mercurial

MoodyRPG wrote:

So, this is the best work from Larto

Meg & Dia for existing
Meg & Dia > All
Stefan
A Story has ended.. and a new one starts.
Congrats.
Leader
Epic map, sb and song
Meg & Dia ♥
Agnes
Tears of joy were shed, as the Meg & Dia project ended with a big bang. Many grats, Larto.

Also, Sapphire, that ranked post was beautiful.
kawaii_uguu
Larto is the Cookiezi of mapping, hands down.
______

Thank you very much for this beautiful project, kind Sir. <3
Mercurial
How can a simple beatmap make me cry? I don't know...

I love my mother, I'll hope to see her... again. ♫
(R.I.P. my mother since 12 years ago).

Thanks for all, seriously.
Low
Sigh, 8.3 stars.

It's sAd that whenever people see a map like this, they're like "OMG THIS ISN'T TOUHOU OR HATSUNE MIKU OR 240 BPM SPEECORE BOO IT SUCKS."
OzzyOzrock
A smile immediately grew upon my face upon knowing that one of my favorite beatmaps ever had been ranked by one of my favorite friends.

But I don't like your "Want You Gone" map on osu!stream silly Larto. Too much rage on my part!
Katsuri
NJSNFDDLJFNJIFL DSJNFAJSILFN FSDFJNAILFF SFJSFNSF

Awesome.
Mismagius

Jacob wrote:

Sigh, 8.3 stars.

It's sAd that whenever people see a map like this, they're like "OMG THIS ISN'T TOUHOU OR HATSUNE MIKU OR 240 BPM SPEECORE BOO IT SUCKS."
actually, they're like "omg it's larto i fucking hate everything he does because he used to talk in #modhelp and that makes all his maps shitty!!!!"
Katsuri
Or maybe like: "Oh my god! How can those idiot people vote one at a awesome map like that? I should complain about that in thread!"

Why not just ignore the rating and enjoy the map? It's good, you know, there's no need to complain about it's rating at beatmap's thread.
Topic Starter
Larto

Blue Dragon wrote:

Jacob wrote:

Sigh, 8.3 stars.

actually, they're like "omg it's larto i fucking hate everything he does because he used to talk in #modhelp and that makes all his maps shitty!!!!"
It's the storyboard. Actually, this makes me want to get #100 ranked as well, just to piss people off with the storyboard. Too much effort though.
Tony
This map makes me love my mom, my dad, my cats, my friends and my osu! friends :) thanks alot for this piece of art! I dunno what's with the osu! players, but I guess there are alot Asian Players that want only chinese and japanese maps. This mapset is just the proof that you guys work together as an awesome team! Congrats for Completing this Super-Project. I'll admire you forever, Larto.
Sync

NotShinta wrote:

this one time. I beg you. We're proud to announce it's halftime in NotShinta, and also it's half time in Meg & Sia.

Where there's a reason, there's a purpose. As is the case here. And where there is a purpose, there is good, but there is also bad. As has been.

But there are different kinds of good and bad. There's hurting stable feelings. There's giving muffins to somebody that deserves them. There's being there for someone who isn't always quite there. And there's deciding to not pollute water and give everybody who drinks it cholera. In the long run, it might matter, or it might not. In fact, nothing really matters. It culminates in nothing, nothing. And everyone knows the ends justify the means.

Or do they?

That's what the point is not. On rateyourmusic.com, on which people rate music that belongs to other people, misleadingly, Here, Here and Here has a total 5-star rating of 3.16. From 40 ratings. "An Avril Lavigne upgrade and two of them. Meg and Dia write some precious lyrics and unabashedly youthful but very enjoyable and almost poetic (I use that word loosely because they use some oddly hilarious rhymes)." states the first, 3 and a half star, review.

You can argue with that. To some extent, you can't. In fact, some would say you can't at all. I mean, "You write me letters like you've transformed into Charles Dickens overnight or something (OH I'M SORRY)". That's not a rhyme but it's unforgivable. Dickens may have captured London in the year mumblemumble in a very accurate manner and generally was very influential in history and in writing, but he wrote letters!

Nobody should really care. Peter wouldn't. Take yo' pick. Jackson, Frampton, Gabriel. Wait, Frampton? Who is this imposter? I don't blame him. I don't blame anyone. Not least The Artist, or His Art. Such a wild heart. Such a wild youth.

Earth to Larto. On Insane, on this map, I like the way the HP Bar takes a while to recover after a short but noticeable draining section. It's not much, and it's not too intense, but it's all we've got. Yeah, it's all we've got.

Let me tell you a story. Once, I was walking home from school. I found I had a fiver in my pocket, and I was walking past the supermarket, so I decided to go in. Not sure why; I didn't need any groceries or anything in any case and there's not much else you can buy there that isn't overpriced. Maybe I hoped to come out with a can of Coke or something.

But I was walking past the condiment aisle, just loitering. I saw my baby then. A Jar. Of pickles, to be precise, but it was not the Jar itself I fell in love with. I caught the eye of a single pickle. "I must take this home", I decided, and avoided the eye contact of The Man as I bought this small jar of pickles, and took it home.

When I got home, I didn't even turn on my TV, nor the computer. I didn't even fix myself a snack, like usual. I just waltzed right up the stairs, and finally reached the bathroom. The best room. The room with the least secrets and lies, with these people. Retelling it to you, it sounds silly, but I tell you, what I felt then was love. The real love, the kind that makes everything seem alright, not the kind that decides that I have to spend all my money on Gary Numan albums. I had even forgotten I wasn't getting much love in my life, but there it was, as if it had never left. With only a pickle. All of a sudden, anger had no place in my life. And it never had. But it had now learnt its lesson.

It was time to eat. I put the pickle aside and put some fish in the oven, and promptly in half an hour, it was ready to eat, right in front of the TV. I was tired, but certainly not sleepy. I read a book inside my bed, with the pickle providing all the light I needed through that long night.

When I woke up, my lover had melted. He was nowhere to be found. I thought about him all through school, fiver in hand. The Man did not greet me as I ran back into the supermarket. And neither did any of the pickles. Mostly cucumbers, really, with some garlic and pickling spices.

They were just pickles. But I still know that was most definitely love.

That was not my story. It was the Song "Reading Time with Pickle". As I've probably revealed by now. But that's what the point is not. It's fixing up a projector again, but it's actually quite true to situation gone down during Here, Here and Here's mapping production. Except I didn't realise how sexual it all was. I wish I had never paid attention to the bathroom verse. In fact, the truth is, the situation is a bit sexual, but nothing exceeding past the normal.

That's the last I'll say. It's all I ever needed to say. On my desktop, there's celibate desperation. No, that's all I needed to say.

I'm sorry, all of you. All he takes from this is courage. I've no regrets.

Oh, by the way, we're bubbling in Canada next month. Like biased rats. But let it pass, just
Sister Jude
OMG THIS ISN'T TOUHOU OR HATSUNE MIKU OR 240 BPM SPEECORE