forum

retry less they said

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
Does it really work tho? I have done it, see my playcount and hitcount, score and playtime ratio,
"pp comes naturally" does work yes, but it's only like once a month.

Edit : by retry I meant clicking that retry button halfway of the map.
I'm still do retry but after I finish the map, not halfway.

If you think I haven't playing enough feel free to say play more and get your +1 I donmai
Vuelo Eluko
your hit/play/pp ratio is pretty darn good from where i stand, so idk, stop expecting so much and pls enjoy game
score is utterly irrelevant
E m i
yeah it works depending on what kind of player you are

so like it should make your plays more useful on average since you end up with more variety, the actual harm that comes with retrying a lot can only happen on the map you're retrying 8-)

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

stop expecting so much and pls enjoy game
repr1se

Ninonuko wrote:

see my playcount and hitcount,
also on your profile

OFFLINE PLAYER, PLAY COUNT IS TOTALLY BULLSHIT.
yes, retry less works, but not in the way you think. it's more about 1) practicing more efficiently and 2) tilting.
1) you don't practice a 400m freestyle and stop and retry halfway through because your kick is out of rhythm. you finish, then practice again. in the same way, not retrying benefits you more than retrying because you practice the entire map, increasing stamina and ironing out your form

2) retrying is done mostly because you want to FC and get some PP. when you retry again and again it shifts the focus from fun and getting better to grinding PP, and i can assure you grinding PP is not fun because every combobreak tilts you more.
pandaBee

repr1se wrote:

Ninonuko wrote:

see my playcount and hitcount,
also on your profile

EXPOSED.
Dirtiest Osu secrets uncovered.
Topic Starter
Ninonuko

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

your hit/play/pp ratio is pretty darn good from where i stand, so idk, stop expecting so much and pls enjoy game

Momiji wrote:

yeah it works depending on what kind of player you are

so like it should make your plays more useful on average since you end up with more variety, the actual harm that comes with retrying a lot can only happen on the map you're retrying 8-)

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

stop expecting so much and pls enjoy game
Most of my plays are A grade pass, and well... I'm ironically expecting pp play from it, even it happened it'll be non fc pp worth low 200pp or around 190. So yeah my play quality is garbage... maybe.

repr1se wrote:

also on your profile

Quote:
I don't retry even in offline.

repr1se wrote:

yes, retry less works, but not in the way you think. it's more about 1) practicing more efficiently and 2) tilting.
1) you don't practice a 400m freestyle and stop and retry halfway through because your kick is out of rhythm. you finish, then practice again. in the same way, not retrying benefits you more than retrying because you practice the entire map, increasing stamina and ironing out your form
Yes I done it definitely like that, absolutely never retry unless I'm really not willing to play the map I will just quit and change to other map, most likely happens if I got mind block like I can't read the map properly and constantly miss on the same part.
But most of my plays are A grade pass or 90-93 acc if anything...
I do retry but after I finish the map, not halfway.

repr1se wrote:

2) retrying is done mostly because you want to FC and get some PP. when you retry again and again it shifts the focus from fun and getting better to grinding PP, and i can assure you grinding PP is not fun because every combobreak tilts you more.
definitely true, I don't like it..
ManuelOsuPlayer
The only real way to improve is push yourself.
Railey2

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

He's an offline player

From what I know, Rohulk was the player who popularized the "stop retrying to git gud"-idea. Whether or not it actually works.... well. I don't think that anyone has done a statistical analysis on that topic, so for now I'd put it in the "mere conjecture"-category.

For now, just play however you see fit.
Topic Starter
Ninonuko

pandaBee wrote:

EXPOSED.
Dirtiest Osu secrets uncovered.

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

The only real way to improve is push yourself.
yes ofc...

Railey2 wrote:

He's an offline player

From what I know, Rohulk was the player who popularized the "stop retrying to git gud"-idea. Whether or not it actually works.... well. I don't think that anyone has done a statistical analysis on that topic, so for now I'd put it in the "mere conjecture"-category.

For now, just play however you see fit.
I did it in offline too, since the beginning my never retry habit is built by playing in offline mode.
Maybe play quality problem, since I'm kind of player who rarely play fc'able map, the reason is well I'm avoiding panic attack.
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
wait... by retry I meant clicking that retry button halfway of the map.

Edited the op to avoid misunderstanding.
ManuelOsuPlayer

Ninonuko wrote:

wait... by retry I meant clicking that retry button halfway of the map.

Edited the op to avoid misunderstanding.
Retry isn't same as replay. Just test what work for you instead lose the time doing what other says. Maybe Rohulk says retry isn't good. But also Fafis can say retry and master patterns it's the best way to improve (idk just an example). Everyone have his own opinion. Test what work for you instead do what other says and blame it for "lie".
Play a couple weeks retrying the same maps over and over and play other couple weeks without retry. Then you can see where is usefull retry to learn some patterns and get consistence at other ones.
And where you shouldn't to avoid build muscle memory at some maps under your skill making them way hardest to fc than should be for you because you develop some ways to do things what are not the best or natural making you miss at similar patterns also where you don't have any problem before.

You shouldn't think a lot about it anyways. Just do what you think it's right at the moment so you build your own playstyle where you can be better/worst than anyone else at some maps and not a bad copy from other player without even understand the most basic things about their playstyle to make it your own.
pandaBee
retrying burns me out
enjoying game does not
Celine
Of course it helps I don't shit out daily 200pp plays by retrying pp dispensers all the time
Just make sure you play all kind of map
N0thingSpecial
It kinda does in a sense that you shouldn’t retry to the point where you burn yourself out
Topic Starter
Ninonuko

pandaBee wrote:

retrying burns me out
enjoying game does not
playing eroge also does not.

-bws wrote:

Of course it helps I don't shit out daily 200pp plays by retrying pp dispensers all the time
Just make sure you play all kind of map
Yes after many hit counts on heavy tap/stream I wonder when will I fc halcyon... let alone fc, A score would make me feel I'm improving.
Many people I know that was used to be bellow my skill level now have been fc'd united and such, I kinda feel left behind tbh.

N0thingSpecial wrote:

It kinda does in a sense that you shouldn’t retry to the point where you burn yourself out
The problem is more like developing bad reading skill I think, happened to me on map like claiomh solais where I consistently get combo break on the jump part. Most of the time I got bad reading or mind block before I got burned out even I never retry halfway.
Tamako Lumisade
PP is just a number
ithgyu
how would g&r know how to get better anyway xDDDDDDDDDDD
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
Dude I have anticipated it... see that spoiler on the op lol.
However I was just wondering does never retry halfway really work because I'm way behind in term of improvement compared to everyone.
ManuelOsuPlayer

ithgyu wrote:

Playing more. Kappa.
E m i

ithgyu wrote:

Omg u dummy they always know. They just don't always know that they know
N0thingSpecial

ithgyu wrote:

New fag REEEEEEEEEEEEEE come back when you shit posted more xDdddddsddD