forum

You are Mafia. (Mafia win!)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Two_old
I don't support roleclaiming in this game in general

but animask, backfire, swiftwolf, and lunaticmara have a lot of explaining to do
Backfire
I still dont get why you suspect me much.

I felt it was a good idea since SY claimed the same thing and I thought it was really weird and awkward.
Rantai
Wow that was a sharp pick up O.o (animask thing)

Though I still think there is more to it than just that. There is no way that LS would blatantly expose a mafia just like that (there was going to be at least 1 person who was going to read it properly). The line also comes off as a guess more than a damning statement.

I have my doubts.
Ivalset
"blatantly expose a mafia like that" when the line wasn't noticed by anyone for several pages
Rantai
(there was going to be at least 1 person who was going to read it properly)
Considering that the story was a mod given piece I find it highly doubtful that a mafia would be publicly announced like that. Seems too good to be true.
Mara

Two wrote:

lunaticmara has a lot of explaining to do
Ask.

I'll answer if I remember.
Two_old
ok, what exactly is the function of your role and how does it compliment how you play
Mara
To be honest with you Two, I don't even know myself.

Role PM only said that sometimes I am a normal guy, but sometimes I will get lunatic. After that there was some bullshit, and that was pretty much it.

But being a lunatic... Hmm...
Sleep Powder
I'm part Miller and part Doctor. "Everyone says that I'm scummy, every game. My intent is good, but nobody ever listens."

Naturally Scummy = Miller

Good Intent = Doctor (Lady Suburu might have been thinking of this too. )
Two_old
ok then, unvote, vote: lunaticmara
Mara
Nyt kakkonen vittu!
Lilac
Well, I do recall being a "Temple of Mara" in Skyrim...maybe it's got something to do with that? (Thanks dkun for the video of that playthrough.)

I don't know what the Dark Brotherhood stuff is though...
Two_old
surely you have more to say in your first post since this game started?
Lilac
Sure, but if I say it now it would be my second post.
Two_old
yeah you know what, I don't even care if lunaticmara claims mafia or anything else at this point

can we please get someone like this out of the game now

unvote, vote Lilac
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Love to vote hop, don't you, Two?

Also, what happened? You're usually going for an all-out mass claim. Here, you say you're not wanting to even claim one bit!

Also, lemme restate what I said earlier, in another way: My intentions are to screw with people's minds. Even if I'm scum, I can still screw you up in some way, shape, or form. Acting suspicious as town, however, is another thing I tend to do, and apparently, I'm getting somewhere with that, thanks to you. :3

Also, I'm able to look past the posts and see right through some of your lies.

Two, I really have a hunch that you're not on the right track, especially since you're making yourself look like a target.

Mara, I find it quite... difficult to understand that you can't go back in the thread. (Plus, this can be cheated)

As for Salvage's death, he's apparently "Mafia?" or something, according to the flavor. I don't think this means that he's in fact mafia, though. (Yes, I know this was mentioned earlier)
Two_old
swiftwolf yellowtail, please answer this question honestly

in what way is a person who posts once total, with the content that Lilac put in, then sarcastically refuses to post more at all pro-town?
Lilac
Don't bother Swiftwolf. We're not the only one sick of Two's playing style.

I'm not sure if you've realised but it looks like you're just voting for me out of pure spite, thinking that you're actually doing something. Vote hopping is common for him as well because he thinks he'll actually get something out of it as well, even though it annoys me so much. I'm not going to complain with that though...it's fine enough. Oh yeah, sarcastically refusing to post doesn't necessarily mean that you're anti-town as well.

As for what's happened so far, all I'll see is the person who's been Mafia the most, or has had a good Mafia play at least once.

Vote: 0_o. I think he's good at it, I think LS would agree.
Two_old
yeah you sure proved that my vote did nothing by doing something
Lilac
Giving in so easily?

What did you do with Two?
Swiftwolf Yellowtail

Two wrote:

swiftwolf yellowtail, please answer this question honestly

in what way is a person who posts once total, with the content that Lilac put in, then sarcastically refuses to post more at all pro-town?
Another person, who happens to be lurking or inactive. I cannot specifically say if they're pro-town or anti-town with such a move.

Lilac wrote:

Don't bother Swiftwolf. We're not the only one sick of Two's playing style.
Actually, I may be sick of his mass claim style, but a lack of such a thing from him is a bit strange in my eyes. Also, I find it hilarious how Two claims that I've claimed mafia for "the 5th time in a row", when in fact I haven't claimed in 5 games total.
Lilac

Swiftwolf Yellowtail wrote:

Also, I find it hilarious how Two claims that I've claimed mafia for "the 5th time in a row", when in fact I haven't claimed in 5 games total.
I think he means that you've acted like Mafia 5 games in a row in his eyes...

...I'm just saying...
Two_old
what I find hilarious is how KRZY can post in the other mafia thread while this is his current post history

search.php?author_id=114017&sr=posts&t=67143

just look at that
Lilac
Okay guys, I feel bad now for starting that sarcasm thing...

...I'm literally dying by how in-hilarious those previous two things actually were.
Rantai
And now you're just confusing me.

Edit: Then again I have the processing power of a potato.
Lilac
NoHitter
I was thinking about what role adam's could be.
Channeler sounds like an odd role, and in his post, it sort of revealed that animask was mafia.
He could be a cop or something with flavor, but only if he promotes it in walls of text regarding books?
adam2046
I don't see why you're so interested in what my role is NoHItter.
Unless the possibility of me having an investigative roll somehow effects you?
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
Personally, such a role is quite interesting. But since you only did it ("it" being post a wall of text in a spoiler) once, that strikes me as a bit odd.
NoHitter
More of I'm curious what your role actually is.
If it really is an investigative role, then the doc should be on you.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail
A follow the cop trend.

Go figure.
Mashley
Mara that was hilarious, 10/10 would read again. I reckon animask's claim is believable, it fits his *ahem* unique character.
From the first 27 pages, I'd say my biggest FOS is Swiftwolf Yellowtail. Just the things he posts and the way he says them seem scummy, and his roleclaim is a little too convenient.
Two_old

Mashley wrote:

From the first 27 pages, I'd say my biggest FOS is Swiftwolf Yellowtail. Just the things he posts and the way he says them seem scummy, and his roleclaim is a little too convenient.
I think trying to lynch swiftwolf day 1 is what is a little too convenient

especially because of the interaction with salvage
KRZY

Two wrote:

what I find hilarious is how KRZY can post in the other mafia thread while this is his current post history

search.php?author_id=114017&sr=posts&t=67143

just look at that
With work to do, I'm not about to read 20+ pages when I have two other games that have a page or two of updates.

Read the thread now. Mara surely is well represented.

Also lots of roles I never heard of (channeler? librarian?), got some researching to do.

This is also my first game where it seems like a third party exists. Just putting it out there.
Backfire
Swiftwolf might be fake claiming, like I said.
I don't think LS would give both of us the same role.
Unless I'm confused as to what he has, as far as I know, my role is completely random.
Did I read SY's role claim wrong? He said his was randomized. Mine said it was random too. :(
Two_old
how does one use a role that is "completely random"

more than that, how would swiftwolf have just made that up if he didn't have the same role as you (there's always the chance you're the one fake claiming)
Backfire
Im saying he might have gotten a role that gave him something he could fake claim.

I was told I don't have direct control over my abilities.
Meaning, different things can happen to me/I can do different things each night, I would guess.

I looked the role up on mafia wiki and it was not there in any shape or form, so i'm pretty sure LS made it up.

You have no reason to trust either of us, I know, but I can try to explain more on what I was told, and try to interpret the role.

But look at it this way, the game so far has been so fucking random and cryptic, I don't know what to think at this point.
Backfire
I actually had to ask what the fuck was my role even talking about, since it was so weird and I could find nothing on it.
Rantai
No offence. But I don't think Backfire has the capacity to lie as much as he would be, I believe him on this. Also seems way too premature to be counterclaiming this early in the game, a mafia would benefit very little from it (at worst a mislynch, 1:1 at 22 players)

Also;

Also, lemme restate what I said earlier, in another way: My intentions are to screw with people's minds. Even if I'm scum, I can still screw you up in some way, shape, or form. Acting suspicious as town, however, is another thing I tend to do, and apparently, I'm getting somewhere with that, thanks to you. :3
Looks like an excuse to play as scummy as wanted. Never liked that kind of stuff.

Edit: 2 randomised roles are possible though but I have my doubts.
Swiftwolf Yellowtail

Rantai wrote:

Looks like an excuse to play as scummy as wanted. Never liked that kind of stuff.
If you take a look at my previous games, you'll understand what I mean. Especially Two's Mafia Game and Less Experimental Mafia 2. Also, guess I managed to fool more than one person. Go me, I guess.
Edit: 2 randomised roles are possible though but I have my doubts.
I don't think Backfire is a JOAT like I am, actually. However, I'm not 100% sure if my role is randomized. All I know is that I get a random ability each night, and I don't think I get to pick the abilities.
show more