forum

Mouse hand wrist hover or firmly down on table

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chef Fizzical
I might ramble on a bit here to try to give any important info i can but im a low 2k PP mouse player(i have 2600 but a few hundred of that is DT farm so lets call me a 2000 PP player). Been playing off and on for years but I'm starting to take it more seriously this year again and have been playing quite a lot I think and totally ran into a wall at being able to gain PP around the low 5 star range.

I can pass and play all sorts of stuff I have tons and tons of 5 star passes thourhgout the entire star range up to 6 and can combo some stuff decently too even but i Just cant really aim consistently enough in the 5 star difficulty anymore to ever hope to come close to FC'ing anything even the much easier ones. I play a lot and every evening and I play on the lower end of the sensitivity spectrum I think with 600 dpi and 1.35x in game on 1080x1920, use mostly fingertip grip and my forearm is planted down on the table but my wrist hovers and Im wondering if thats a big problem making my aim not steady or consistent enough. I've tried planting my wrist down but theres muscle memory working against me now so when I get into it my wrist just comes right back up in the middle of the song because it seems to make me able to move faster and farther more easily.

Yea I know i need to play more still obviously and im going to, but i dont want to keep spamming plays if im playing with a bad habit. Also I have a tablet but I kinda suck with it and always give up after about a week of trying with it. I guess idk what im expecting people to say to me but the songs im playing aren't at all too fast for me or the jumps too far anymore but I just always randomly miss on my aim. Any mouse specific tips or is it just better force myself to seitch to the darkside one of these days which would obviously make the aiming aspect easier which is what i struggle with the most. I'm looking to get quite a bit better and farther than where I am now eventually. I'll keep playing more regardless

And looking at my top plays will make you say just stop playing DT , but i seriously don't play very much DT i just actually seem to be fairly good at it since it takes out a lot of the aim requirements so sometimes at the end of a normal play session of practicing nomod ill go get a couple DT scores rly quick and effortlessly but thats why i said to pretend im a 2k PP player for the sake of argument instead of 2600. And i get 99 percent on my DT scores so im hardly playing whackamole on those and i never focus on farming DT in my play sessions
pandaBee
tldr lol wakarimasen
Topic Starter
Chef Fizzical
Can i just delete this post somehow i guess, theres no point to it
Sandy Hoey
Not now that someone has replied to it. Your post will forever be stamped into the history of osu! forums owo
Topic Starter
Chef Fizzical
xd
Endie-
I always have my wrist on the mousepad when playing. I believe this is personal preference, but having the extra surface contact might give you and advantage when it comes to mouse control.
Your dpi is fine, but keep in mind that there is nothing wrong with playing DT. Don't avoid it just cause its "free pp".
Keep pushing your skills to the limit and don't shy away from hard stuff. Play anything and everything.

Don't be afraid to ask me questions in-game, I'll gladly help
Good luck :)