forum

Need help in streaming

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
1Alone
I started experimenting with different hand positions lately and I found 2 comfortable positions, but each of them give different weird things to my fingers

Grounded thumb :

- I got more control over my finger compared to the other one and i can longstream better (i lose control over my finger way longer after the other hand position)
- but i kinda lose my finger speed (can't burst fast bpm) and can't seem to hit jumps as well as the other hand position
(i do semi alternate)

Floating thumb :

- I lose control over my longstream way faster than the other hand position, and it become a "clicking both of the keys at the same time" galore
- I hit jumps super well + can burst fast bpm better compared to the other hand position (at the price of tensing up my arm)

Can give me any tips on how to stream better in general + anything that's wrong with my position (like don't stretch the thumb etc.) and which hand position shud i go for? I know ppl generally say whichever i prefer but i don't really know if my prefered hand position is gonna block me from improving somehow. Thanks in advance

Btw, I searched up every thread about streaming already and are currently doing the long stream practice map 150bpm. I'd just like any additional tips you could throw to me
repr1se
its like sex, you're allowed to change positions
Vuelo Eluko

repr1se wrote:

its like sex, you're allowed to change positions
pretty much this, and focus on the notes try to eliminate all thoughts about hand while playing
zeplic

This is my setup.

See the slant on the keyboard? I recommend it
ManuelOsuPlayer
My wrist hurt watching yours. Wtf... Don't use your keyboard like that never more. You're going to lose your hand. No joke.
Rynnavinx

zeplic wrote:

This is my setup.

I slant my keyboard and tablet the other way :/
E m i

zeplic wrote:

This is my setup.

vg248qe master race
Akanagi

Momiji wrote:

zeplic wrote:

This is my setup.

vg248qe master race

tfw sensitive to PWM flicker and you gotta replace it
still best input lag iirc
k0russs
I have the same problem. Only way I've been able to stop it was by increasing my stream stamina. Just play more stream maps. I used to warm up by playing 2-3 stream maps as soon as I begun a session. (I recommend Semantic Composition ,Desire Drive , Wings: Nu Logic remix , and Okaerinasai. also don't use nofail, make sure to just play as much as you can, and use a variety of maps so it's training streaming rather than memorizing)
good luck desu
zeplic

k0russs wrote:

I have the same problem. Only way I've been able to stop it was by increasing my stream stamina. Just play more stream maps. I used to warm up by playing 2-3 stream maps as soon as I begun a session. (I recommend Semantic Composition ,Desire Drive , Wings: Nu Logic remix , and Okaerinasai. also don't use nofail, make sure to just play as much as you can, and use a variety of maps so it's training streaming rather than memorizing)
good luck desu

just played a couple of the warmup maps you suggested and proceeded to make a top play, i'm not sure what sorcery that is- but thanks for the maps.
Celine
Thinking about hand positions 🤔