forum

My hand feels stiff and my speed and stamina have decreased

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Stormdude127
Ok so about a 6 days ago I was playing osu! and I pushed it way too far and kept playing despite my hand hurting, because I'm trying to build muscle in my hand and that doesn't happen unless you push yourself. Anyway, my hand hurt pretty bad but it's hurt like that before and it's always fine after I give it a few days rest. I took about a 5 day break after that, and finally came back to playing osu yesterday. Last night it seemed like I was actually doing better with streaming, although my single tapping speed had decreased (that always happens when I take a break). Last night I was doing short burst of 190 bpm, and this morning I can't seem to do them at all. My streaming speed seems to be infinitely worse this morning. Sometimes when I go for a stream my fingers seem to just lock up. The thing is, I don't have any pain in my hand. Parts of it do feel a bit sore but nothing is hurting really badly. On the other hand, I feel a weird sensation on the tendon behind my index finger sometimes when I tap. It doesn't hurt and I don't know how to explain it, maybe it's tightening up? Idk, it feels weird. Occasionally I get a very mild pain on the bottom of my wrist but other than that, nothing. I'm worried that I've gone past the point of no return, and no amount of rest is going to fix my hand. It feels like I can't single tap or stream properly at all. What do I do? Taking a 5 day break helped the pain, but my hand still feels weak. Do I just take a longer break? Should I ice my hand? Is it possible that I have RSI? I'm really at a loss right now. I don't want to be forced to quit this game but I simply am unable to make any progress right now and I've seriously regressed from where I was a week ago.
pandaBee
Don't sell your soul to peppy. Enjoy game pls.
repr1se

Stormdude127 wrote:

Do I just take a longer break? Should I ice my hand? Is it possible that I have RSI? I'm really at a loss right now. I don't want to be forced to quit this game but I simply am unable to make any progress right now and I've seriously regressed from where I was a week ago.
see my faq on improving quickly

if your hand hurts, something went wrong and your body needs to rebuild its structures in the area. it's part of the remediation process. do some hand/wrist streches and take it slow.
pandaBee
You should probably go see a doctor if it doesn't get better.
Genjuro
take a break until your hand stops hurting
Kondou-Shinichi
just play maps that is relatively easier then one day youll somehow get back to your usual self