forum

I keep ZX'ing when I'm supposed to be ZXZ'ing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Manfred
Let me explain the title, when I encounter triples that are in high bpm maps, say 220+ I rush from note to note and when triples come along I often only hit twice, and then I miss the last part of the triple. Notelock often leads to me missing more after that and then leads to a fail or just more misses. Or sometimes I hit a triple so fast that the first 2 hits are early and the last is before the even final part of the triple is in play, leading to a miss and notelock.

I can't associate some of these triples with any part of the music, it just seems like it's there to bloat the map more, in my mind atleast. I'm sure that they make sense when you play it correctly but there is no part of my brain that clicks and says "It makes sense for a triple to be crammed in here."

Here's a video of me trying Konuko - Toumei Elegy [Another] which is a map full of these, which is why I haven't even passed it at its normal difficulty settings. I can turn the AR up higher and manage to pass with shit acc, but there's not point in that. I turn the AR up to 9.7 in the video, even if it doesn't capture it and then I can pass it.

How do I comprehend anything at 220+? I can't stick to lower BPM forever, it's restricting on what maps I can play.

Also I can't hit jumps to save my life anymore, I really got screwed up when I got a CTL 480, I just haven't put in enough time since I got it to get used to any part of it. ¯\_(ತ_ʖತ)_/¯
Kondou-Shinichi
triples were never a problem for me (except slowmotion +dt, those triples are fuckin cancer)
try playing triples in lower ar, my guess is you cant handle high ar yet
Topic Starter
Manfred

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

triples were never a problem for me (except slowmotion +dt, those triples are fuckin cancer)
try playing triples in lower ar, my guess is you cant handle high ar yet

High AR is all I CAN handle, if it's below 9.5 and it's got high note density like this map or basically any map over 220 I can't play it. Exceptions are maps like https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1250198&m=0 because it's more simple I guess? I'm not sure.
pandaBee
You're either mashing through or not reading properly. Find your comfort zone and go slightly above it. Then when that becomes comfortable you go up another tier. Do this until you can hit 220 bpm.
Linck5
Sometimes I also have this moments where I certain pattern doesn't work well in my head when I play the beatmap and I miss because of that, including you very situation with triples. Sometimes I go and watch an automatic play of that, to get a bit more used to the rhythm and what it feels like. It often helps me.
Topic Starter
Manfred

Linck5 wrote:

Sometimes I also have this moments where I certain pattern doesn't work well in my head when I play the beatmap and I miss because of that, including you very situation with triples. Sometimes I go and watch an automatic play of that, to get a bit more used to the rhythm and what it feels like. It often helps me.
I've thought about that, when I go into a map with just sight reading I sometimes think if I should instead watch it with auto before I ever play it so I don't get surprised by sudden changes in patterns or w/e.

pandaBee wrote:

You're either mashing through or not reading properly. Find your comfort zone and go slightly above it. Then when that becomes comfortable you go up another tier. Do this until you can hit 220 bpm.
I'm just having trouble finding a comfort zone.
pandaBee

Manfred wrote:

Play more maps.
Topic Starter
Manfred

pandaBee wrote:

Manfred wrote:

Play more maps.
Easier said than done buckeroo. My playcount over the last few months has been on a large decline. So it's hard to play more when you just don't want to play more. I think I'm expecting too much from too little. If I don't play hard and a lot, then I won't see the benefits.
pandaBee
We've found the crux of the issue it seems.
ManuelOsuPlayer
Yolshka
Well to be fair, consecutive 220 bpm triples is retardedly hard.
Other than that, It seems to me that you lack the the muscle memory.

But manfred really, this is not much different from your other threads, It's very likely that we'll reach the same conclusion either way, which is that you need to, slow down both in AR and in BPM, and possibly in star rating as well. Sure, you can skip that, but only at a cost.

If 220 is too fast, than you should be hitting late, all 3 circles in the triple.
If it so fast that your fingers clock together to double tap in panic, well i wouldn't practice that.

Unless you want to get better at mashing.

Manfred wrote:

How do I comprehend anything at 220+? I can't stick to lower BPM forever, it's restricting on what maps I can play.
Well surely, but not to the degree you think.
If anything, i consider 220+ to be the special case, not the norm, not many people can play it, including me of course.

I mean come on man, like, even if you're gonna play at a star rating like toumei elegy another, why play 220.
Like, i don't think the problem holding you back is that you can't play past 2xx bpm.

But whatever, could be wrong of course.

I'll give you this, https://osu.ppy.sh/s/42034.

As far as I remember there are some triples in this, that are pretty hard to comprehend even if it's low bpm.
Try the insane diff NOMOD, and if it's very painful, than that should be a concern.

good luck
Kondou-Shinichi
real man play big streams
no more stuck on triples!!!