forum

Waterflame - Glorious Morning

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SuperMIC
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on February-05-12 at 1:36:29 PM

Artist: Waterflame
Title: Glorious Morning
BPM: 152
Filesize: 2146kb
Play Time: 01:47
Difficulties Available:
  1. Night (4.91 stars, 316 notes)
  2. Noon (4.12 stars, 143 notes)
  3. Sunrise (2.01 stars, 107 notes)
  4. Sunset (4.68 stars, 252 notes)
Download: Waterflame - Glorious Morning
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Hey guys, SMIC here again. This is my second beatmap that is definitely still a WIP. I've just finished the Insane difficulty, and I think it's pretty good. So I await criticism and such. Thanks!

EDIT 1: I changed the velocities on some sliders. I still have only 3, however...
EDIT 2: I edited the sliders. They were a bit ugly at first... :3
EDIT 3: YAY! Hard map is done...
EDIT 4: A few hitsounds added to Hard map, and Normal map done! :D
EDIT 5: Made the Insane Map a bit harder...
EDIT 6: Made the Normal map easier and the Hard map a tiny bit harder. I also added a few hitsounds and squashed a couple of technical bugs. A special thanks to the very first modder of this map. :D
EDIT 7: With the completion of the Easy map, I think I can move this into the Pending section. :D WOOHOO!
EDIT 8: Squashed some more bugs.
EDIT 9: Thanks to the second and third modder, I tried to regulate the distance spacing.
EDIT 10: Woo, more distance spacing.
EDIT 11: A few changes. Thanks Lucy. :3
EDIT 12: A large revamp of the Normal and Extreme map and a few changes to the Hard and Easy maps.
EDIT 13: Timing changes~ Thanks, Dragvon! :D Also changed background image for perfect/rankable image dimensions.
EDIT 14: Some more changes to the hard and extreme maps.
EDIT 15: A bit of adding difficulty to the Easy map, but the difficulty of it should relatively be the same.
EDIT 16: I have NO idea if I should've changed the backgrounds or not, but I did. I can change it back after anyway, so might as well try! ^_^ Some updates to the Normal and Extreme maps as well.
EDIT 17: Thanks Kirby for your mod... ANYWAY! A lot of difficulty boosts to the extreme map (distance spacing wise) and look forward to some slider rhythm changes!
EDIT 18: Didn't like the Extreme map BG so I made it happier. :3
EDIT 19: Thanks to Teras for his mod, and I changed some of the sliders in the Night map.
Hugamari
Well I just played your normal difficulty, I noticed that it feels a bit cramped. I would've liked to be able to move around the map more. (Especially around the left of the map, barely anything was on that side.) It would probably be a much more enjoyable map if it moved around more.

Also this map felt really difficult for a normal map, you could probably tone it down a bit.

I did, however, really like the slider shapes, that was really interesting. Definitely something you should keep ^_^

You may have been already planning on changing that anyway, so apologies if that's the case. Good luck with your map regardless ^-^
Topic Starter
SuperMIC
Thanks for your comment, all help is appreciated. :D
fourinone
I thought most of it was alright, so I'll just point out a few specific spots that I thought could have been better.

Normal:
00:38:249 - 00:44:170 should really be in 3-snap to fit the beat, especially since the rest of the map is like that.
01:12:985 Slider 4 should be moved closer.

Hard:
01:12:985 - 01:14:564 Don't know what you're trying to do here, but it should be faster to fit the beat.
Cloudy
Hi there;
I've only gone through Easy & Normal diffs so I'll be modding those only; also since I stumbled on a large issue I'll mainly be elaborating on that instead of complaining about the AR or something xD.

[General]
I think it's fine to list your difficulties down as Sunrise, Noon, Sunset & Night w/o putting in 'Easy' etc. in parentheses.

[Easy]

The main issue here is that your notes aren't spaced equally in most of the song. I'm not sure if you used it but for an Easy difficulty, pretty much everything needs to be spaced accordingly to their rhythmical difference. You can turn on distance snap to do this.

00:01:934 & 00:03:118 Look at the first combo 1,2, this is the first combo so this sets the constant speed you have to move to keep up with the notes. This is contradicted by the second combo 1,2 which is spaced indentically to the first combo, but is actually further away in time.

Since this occurs in a lot of places, it isn't a bad idea to turn on distance snapping and align your notes again.

00:24:039 Same thing as above, 2,3 are spaced like 2,3,1, but the order they play in is more like 2,3,[],1. You can check the timeline if you don't get what I mean.

I won't go through every part which has bad spacing but I picked out those two for examples.

[Normal]

As far as I can tell, the same issue with Easy exists here as well. You need to establish a constant speed and maintain it, exceptions would be jumps, etc.

I could pick out some examples for you, but you should get the point by now. So if you go and resnap this difficulty & Easy with distance snap on, it'd be much easier to play overall.

There is much to improve, and while I haven't looked at your timing, your slider speeds seem to vary in several places. So I think spacing the notes correctly should be your first immediate goal.
Topic Starter
SuperMIC
Oh, interesting. However, I'm finding that when I turn distance snap on, sometimes the space distance snap creates between two sets of two notes varies. Sometimes it'll be just touching the other hitcircle and sometimes it'll be further away. Is there any way to fix this?
Cloudy
If you hold alt, you can adjust the distance snap between each note. Though I believe when you have red timing sections which alter BPM etc. the distance snap changes to match this. i.e. dist snap set @ 0.6 @ 124 BPM would leave less distance inbetween notes than say 0.6 @ 180 BPM. I think that's how it goes or something.
Lucy-Kaede
Okay, here I am!

General
BG:
The background needs to be 800x600, or 1024x768 (to be ranked/approved). If you don't have a larger version of the picture, you could resize it (but the quality would drop), or use a different picture ;)
Kiai:
Kiai times
Noon Kiai 1 current ends exactly when it starts, change it to end at 00:50:880.
Sunrise ^ Same thing.
All Kiai times must be consistent between difficulties in order ot be ranked :)
Spacing:
I see you've had a few spacing changes. For Easy and Normals especially you should normally keep a consistant distance snap (4-5 stars you can change it to make cooler patterns ;)), If you click it on and hold alt you can change it (bar up the top) ill'd recommend a 0.8x or a 1.0x.
Also, turn on grid snap if you havent ;)
Timing:
Under the timing section, change "Slider tick rate" to 1 instead of 2.

Sunrise
Make the circles 1 size bigger, and you can make the "overall difficulty" 1-2 harder to make up for it ;)
00:05:092 (1) - Remove combo (RNC)
00:12:592 (1) - RNC
00:15:749 (2) - RNC
00:18:907 (5) - Add new combo (NC)
00:25:223 (4) - RNC
00:50:485 (1,1) - Remove both combos
01:12:985 (1) - RNC
01:25:616 (5) - 01:46:143 (3) - Change this so that you can see the path of the slider.
SPOILER
Remove all the red section except the first one, you dont need them ;)

Others
While there's nothing wrong with it, I would recommend using 2nd largest circle size on the 4-5 stars maps (or maybe just noon and sunset)
I only looked at the first difficulty for now sorry, needs a bit of work. If you apply what I said about Sunrise, distance snapping and general to the others, there should be alot of changes ^^

Once you get a few mods from other people, you can call me back and I'll take another look at it for you ;)

Edit:

SuperMICrophone wrote:

Oh, interesting. However, I'm finding that when I turn distance snap on, sometimes the space distance snap creates between two sets of two notes varies. Sometimes it'll be just touching the other hitcircle and sometimes it'll be further away. Is there any way to fix this?
Go into "view">"Grid level" and change to 3 or 4.
Also, the distance depends on the timeline.
So if it's
[*_*_*] - *=beat, and _=space
there will be a bigger gap between them then
[***]
Topic Starter
SuperMIC
Thanks, I'll get to fixing right after I get back from the holidays. :D

I changed everything except for the part with all NCs. I like it like that. :P
Dragvon
No! Nononononono, NO! ;w;!

You're using new timing points for the same BPM & Time signature! That's completely unrankable :<
You see, by doing that you reset the time signature!

Do the following:

• • Replace the unused Time points with Inherited Time points
    • Don't forget to ajdust stuff like kiai and slider speed changes!
    • I suggest using a new offset of 360. But...
    • ... Switch using the advanced timing setup panel (F6). Hoiw? ↓
    • Select all inherited timing points (green). Noticed that the BPM & Offset box are now "Move by selected offset"?
    • Awesome. Now, Put in it: 5 and click move. This will instantly fix all inherited timing points offset.
    • As for the red timing point, you can just set the offset as 360. Resnap everything.
Don't forget to do so in ALL diffs!

Good luck
Topic Starter
SuperMIC

Dragvon wrote:

No! Nononononono, NO! ;w;!

You're using new timing points for the same BPM & Time signature! That's completely unrankable :<
You see, by doing that you reset the time signature!

Do the following:

• • Replace the unused Time points with Inherited Time points
    • Don't forget to ajdust stuff like kiai and slider speed changes!
    • I suggest using a new offset of 360. But...
    • ... Switch using the advanced timing setup panel (F6). Hoiw? ↓
    • Select all inherited timing points (green). Noticed that the BPM & Offset box are now "Move by selected offset"?
    • Awesome. Now, Put in it: 5 and click move. This will instantly fix all inherited timing points offset.
    • As for the red timing point, you can just set the offset as 360. Resnap everything.
Don't forget to do so in ALL diffs!

Good luck
Thank you for your help, all timing changes applied!
KuroiHiKirby
I tried Night. Try increasing the distance between each note, especially at the beginning, and at 00:25:650. It's really easy to move my mouse or stylus from note to note here. That, or reduce circle size, maybe? I find a size of 6 suitable.

At 00:27:004, try increasing the slider lengths.
It sounds more appealing imo. ^^