forum

Need tips for not pressing red keys all the way down

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TheRooster
So since yesterday I’ve got myself a new keyboard (corsair strafe rgb cherry mx red).
I have alway pressed my keys all the way down with my old keyboard, now that i have red switches im trying too just press till activation.
I’m alrdy getting used too this with single tapping but with bursts/streams I press them all the way down.
Now I was wondering if any of you have some tips too solve that? (As in not using a wrist rest, hand positioning, ect)

Thanks in advance! :D
Endaris
I really don't think there is any benefit in not pressing reds all the way down.
If you wanted to play around the actuation point instead of bottoming out, you should have got browns or blues for the tactile feeling of the actuation point in the first place.
pandaBee
You won't be able to maintain consistency without bottoming out with Reds. Probably a huge waste of time to try doing what you're saying you want to do. Who knows though, maybe I'm wrong. It's not like it's difficult to press the key down all the way though so it shouldn't be an issue.
Topic Starter
TheRooster

pandaBee wrote:

You won't be able to maintain consistency without bottoming out with Reds. Probably a huge waste of time to try doing what you're saying you want to do. Who knows though, maybe I'm wrong. It's not like it's difficult to press the key down all the way though so it shouldn't be an issue.

Alright i see, then I’ll keep bottoming them out :p Thank you for the wise words!
E m i
get o-rings
Topic Starter
TheRooster

Momiji wrote:

get o-rings
Sounds like an option aswell, thank you!