Hidden should not give any extra pp

posted
Total Posts
show more
pandaBee
Double posts means double +1
E m i

Houtarou Oreki wrote:

You don't say HD doesn't change ANYTHING in difficulty if you have enough experience is what I was trying to say. Trying, because I apparently I failed to do it. Or you're just playing stupid.

Well yeah that's the case with every possible/imaginable thing ever. You don't unless you do, you aren't unless you are, etc.

And he wouldn't say it unless he would say it. So it's your own mistake (and of several people in this thread) to say random things like "get 5k pp", "9 note stream", and "you try it then", as opposed to actually targetting his argument.

And get this, the funniest thing is I don't even agree with him! Keeping the HD bonus as it is, removing the HD bonus, both are retarded :cry:

Houtarou Oreki wrote:

(you probably weren't)

lol it's ok but i'm a bit scared

Houtarou Oreki wrote:

It's just that I couldn't stop myself from showing him how much BS his post is, and it's the only thing my reply is for.

so the reason why you didn't do it is because you were too lazy to actually target his argument? or what :(
N0thingSpecial
Remove pp
E m i

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Remove pp
Ok ok this is a non-retarded solution i mean yes
Houtarou Oreki

Momiji wrote:

Houtarou Oreki wrote:

[...]Trying, because I apparently I failed to do it.[...]
[...]it's your own mistake (and of several people in this thread) to say random things like "get 5k pp", "9 note stream", and "you try it then", as opposed to actually targetting his argument.
Yep, I just admitted that right up there. Or I tried to... Uhh...

Momiji wrote:

Houtarou Oreki wrote:

It's just that I couldn't stop myself from showing him how much BS his post is, and it's the only thing my reply is for.
so the reason why you didn't do it is because you were too lazy to actually target his argument? or what :(
I didn't do... what exactly? Okay, either you failed to convey what you were just trying to say or I have no brain - may you be a bit more precise? I thought telling someone their argument is trash was a child's play. Or, well, hey, I probably just suck at doing it. Signing away, because tomorrow's a schoolday. Looking forward to reading your response on Thursday.
Endaris
The thing is that people that prefer HD over nomod have certain reasons to do so: One of the major reasons is removal of clutter.
But then again, a lot of the anti-clutter benefits you get from HD are also achievable through skinning (e.g. skinning your approachcircles away).
Even dedicated HD players (personally I know this guy https://osu.ppy.sh/u/2747072 as an example) will usually prefer nomod on maps that are difficult to read as HD does indeed make maps harder to read although it is usually a very minor factor on maps that are suited to farm pp - straightforward rhythm and close to no reading difficulty are the major traits of any map suited for farm after all.
I think a bonus is definitely justified - it is reasonable to say that the bonus through HD is far too high on some maps and far too low on others but that is a problem with vision mods in general (let's not start with FL, shall we?). Saying they're not more difficult but mere preference is definitely missing the point though. Even on farm maps, getting an equal performance with HD is an ability that has to be gained through practice.
worst fl player

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Remove pp
E m i

Houtarou Oreki wrote:

I didn't do... what exactly? Okay, either you failed to convey what you were just trying to say or I have no brain - may you be a bit more precise? I thought telling someone their argument is trash was a child's play. Or, well, hey, I probably just suck at doing it. Signing away, because tomorrow's a schoolday. Looking forward to reading your response on Thursday.
didn't show him that his post is bs because all you did was target his pp instead of his point lol

school sucks good luck :(
B1rd

L-a-m-e-y [ B ] wrote:

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Remove pp
pandaBee

Wait, what?
E m i

pandaBee wrote:

Wait, what?
if i do this... 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
does that mean we are back in 2015?
repr1se

Houtarou Oreki wrote:

So, where's the problem? Are you mad, because you have to play with HD to get more pp? Oh, but you don't like it. And that's the only reason you think it shouldn't give pp. That's your only argument.
Because "it doesn't increase the difficulty" is a bullshit statement.
i already got op to admit he's just jealous, thread should be closed tbh

Your post is pure bullshit. Make your way to at least 5k pp streaming streams longer than 9 notes and you may have the privilege to talk about this. And why are you even talking about AR greater than 9? You're at 3k pp. Don't make such a joke out of yourself.
op's pp shouldn't have any bearing on how bullshit he is or isn't. bullshit is bullshit
E m i
I'm also jelly that the best aim players in the game get 700-800pp for their specialty, best aim scores in the game, and best speed/acc players get 300-450pp for their specialty, best acc/speed scores in the game 8-)

I guess me being jealous makes it okay that being #1-10 in speed equates to the pp of being #2000-6000 in aim.
E m i
Well that's not related!!!!

Just like op's feelings/pp/hd skill are not related to his suggestion/argument!!!

Which means that I only double post because there is no "Fuck you, you can't edit the message" notification for me - rather, just nothing + nothing.
Endaris

pandaBee wrote:

Wait, what?
Inferno Cop travelling through time to fix all that is wrong :^)

Again!
Akanagi
The actual problem for acc players is that you'll eventually get locked to OD10 with no way to increase your pp gain because you can't move up to a higher difficulty of accuracy, while aim players benefit from faster jumps, more spaced jumps, and the potential pp-gain of higher CS-values.

Aim players can just move to a more spaced / faster / more jumps map while acc players can't go above OD10.

Imo they should just make CS, AR, and OD customizable by the player and unlock higher ODs without being forced to play HR / DT.
You can't play OD11 without using DT, which also increases the speed of the song. You can't play OD10 on some maps without HR, which also forces you to deal with smaller circles and a AR you might not find fun to play.

The modsystem imo is flawed. Just introduce a slider or smthn (like in the editor) where you can select your own preferences CS, AR, OD, offset yadayada and give a +X% score increase for each point exceeding the original values of the map. (Exception being AR)

Also unlock higher values for OD/AR so acc players can go and play OD12 or smthn so they actually have a chance of competing with aim-players. There is only so much pp you can gain with OD10 right now, while aim-pp almost has no limit because almost everything correlates with it. (speed, spacing, cs, longer jump sections)
pandaBee

Endaris wrote:

pandaBee wrote:

Wait, what?
Inferno Cop travelling through time to fix all that is wrong :^)
Are you God Peppy?
pandaBee

Rayne wrote:

Imo they should just make CS, AR, and OD customizable by the player and unlock higher ODs without being forced to play HR / DT.
You can't play OD11 without using DT, which also increases the speed of the song. You can't play OD10 on some maps without HR, which also forces you to deal with smaller circles and a AR you might not find fun to play.

The modsystem imo is flawed. Just introduce a slider or smthn (like in the editor) where you can select your own preferences CS, AR, OD, offset yadayada and give a +X% score increase for each point exceeding the original values of the map. (Exception being AR)
I've actually been thinking about this for a long time. Would make it so much more convenient to practice maps with an adjustable speed slider.
autoteleology

Rayne wrote:

The actual problem for acc players is that you'll eventually get locked to OD10 with no way to increase your pp gain because you can't move up to a higher difficulty of accuracy, while aim players benefit from faster jumps, more spaced jumps, and the potential pp-gain of higher CS-values.

Aim players can just move to a more spaced / faster / more jumps map while acc players can't go above OD10.

Also unlock higher values for OD/AR so acc players can go and play OD12 or smthn so they actually have a chance of competing with aim-players. There is only so much pp you can gain with OD10 right now, while aim-pp almost has no limit because almost everything correlates with it. (speed, spacing, cs, longer jump sections)
I would really love to be able to play OD10 without guaranteed AR10 CS5.2+.
E m i

Emersyne wrote:

Rayne wrote:

I would really love to be able to play OD10 without guaranteed AR10 CS5.2+.
join me on the cs3.5 ar9.8 od10.4 crusade

especially since i fuckin can't ss od10 with 60 ur when everyone else does it with 75 >:( nice consistency
repr1se

Rayne wrote:

finally something i can agree with

kind of sensible, but why not just give bonus PP for a low unstable rate instead of adjusting an OD slider?

want to know why AR is an exception
Akanagi

repr1se wrote:

Rayne wrote:

finally something i can agree with

kind of sensible, but why not just give bonus PP for a low unstable rate instead of adjusting an OD slider?

want to know why AR is an exception

Why no bonus for UR?
As Momiji said, low UR doesn't necessarily translate to higher acc. It's "just" the consistency of your tapping. You could 0UR and still get 100% 100s.

You could still reward it by binding it to accuracy values, but keep in mind that even some aim-related things aren't calculated either. There is nothing like "precision"-pp for how precisely you hit notes. It doesn't matter right now if you hit the center of a note or hit it at the very edge. This would even further reward (well, or hurt) aim.
Also, at some point you will have to have a certain UR to SS something like OD11-12 since the timeframe to hit a 300 on these kind of ODs is extremely tight, so in a way, low UR is already being rewarded if we were able to increase the OD even further.

AR is an exception because it's a matter of preference. Low AR means higher object density on equal BPM, higher AR decreases object density but lowers the time you have to react.
It's the same reason why I argue that HR is flawed. You can't really say that AR10 is harder than AR xyz because it's always just a trade-off, which is why I personally would like to see the AR component of HR gone or implement a system like mentioned above.

Players who are good at low AR are getting shafted right now since most 5*+ maps which usually reward most pp are AR9-10. The pp-system doesn't care about object density / reading, so low AR is more or less a useless skill. People who are competent at high AR / HR can just slap HR on old maps and perform better on HR because of the AR than they'd be if it was nomod.

However, there is no such option for low AR players except easy, which drastically increases density and lowers the OD and CS. Again, the mod-system is flawed in this regard. Mods affect CS, AR and OD all at once instead of giving us the option to change the values individually.
pandaBee

Rayne wrote:

It's the same reason why I argue that HR is flawed. You can't really say that AR10 is harder than AR xyz because it's always just a trade-off, which is why I personally would like to see the AR component of HR gone or implement a system like mentioned above.

Players who are good at low AR are getting shafted right now since most 5*+ maps which usually reward most pp are AR9-10. The pp-system doesn't care about object density / reading, so low AR is more or less a useless skill. People who are competent at high AR / HR can just slap HR on old maps and perform better on HR because of the AR than they'd be if it was nomod.

However, there is no such option for low AR players except easy, which drastically increases density and lowers the OD and CS. Again, the mod-system is flawed in this regard. Mods affect CS, AR and OD all at once instead of giving us the option to change the values individually.
+1 osu coins
Topic Starter
Skeletroll
Since this thread basically turned into a suggestion/pp balance thread I'm gonna suggest that shorter songs (especially 30 second ones) should be worth way less while longer songs should be worth more. I think the balance point (weighted the same as normal) should fall around 1:30 since that is the average length of a map.
Yolshka

Rayne wrote:

yeah,and by implementing custom ar you essentially just kill off those reamining people who invested time into practising low ar despite it not giving any pp, just throwing their efforts into the trash, cuz there will be no point in playing it anymore, or any ar other than 9.5-10.
Not like there is much now, but at least ar10 fuckbois cant get a better score on low ar old maps NOMOD.
It's fine if it's with HR cuz that makes it much harder in every aspect other than density reading.

I'm heavily against it.

And od too.
Im pretty sure the maximum possile setting for OD will always be the best choice for pp, i mean the pp difference is much more significant then the difference in timing window.The only reason not to use the max od would be if you have utterly trash accuracy, which is not true for most people actually, but then again, it wouldn't really matter because low od doesnt give shit, so you might as well just get an 80% max od fc.

and custom cs too btw.
that just a bit fuck you to the mapper because the whole thing will play out much differently than it was intended,and would also make high cs players irrelevant cuz that also doesnt give any pp, although im not sure how this one would work anyway.
repr1se

Skeletroll wrote:

Since this thread basically turned into a suggestion/pp balance thread I'm gonna suggest that shorter songs (especially 30 second ones) should be worth way less while longer songs should be worth more. I think the balance point (weighted the same as normal) should fall around 1:30 since that is the average length of a map.
1) longer maps are already worth more pp, at 6* TV size gets maybe 250-260 on ss, full song is 310-330 on ss
2) op is asking for his pp to be deducted lmao
Akanagi

Yolshka wrote:

Rayne wrote:

yeah,and by implementing custom ar you essentially just kill off those reamining people who invested time into practising low ar despite it not giving any pp, just throwing their efforts into the trash, cuz there will be no point in playing it anymore, or any ar other than 9.5-10.
Not like there is much now, but at least ar10 fuckbois cant get a better score on low ar old maps NOMOD.
It's fine if it's with HR cuz that makes it much harder in every aspect other than density reading.

I'm heavily against it.

And od too.
Im pretty sure the maximum possile setting for OD will always be the best choice for pp, i mean the pp difference is much more significant then the difference in timing window.The only reason not to use the max od would be if you have utterly trash accuracy, which is not true for most people actually, but then again, it wouldn't really matter because low od doesnt give shit, so you might as well just get an 80% max od fc.

and custom cs too btw.
that just a bit fuck you to the mapper because the whole thing will play out much differently than it was intended,and would also make high cs players irrelevant cuz that also doesnt give any pp, although im not sure how this one would work anyway.

The first paragraph, yes, probably. Most people will just learn AR10 to not have to bother with reading. I think the old map thing is kinda fighting for scraps. Right now the top scores on old maps are usually DT or HDHR plays that aren't TOO hard to produce. However, you can still go ahead and play modern 6* with AR8 as a low AR player, thus more options for all players.

Players who practice low AR now will still play low AR when customizable AR hits osu! As you say, there is already no real reason to play low AR except for the fun of it. That's not going to change. Both kinds of AR players will have a greater map pool to choose from.

For the OD:
OD not only affects 300 timing, but also 100s 50s and misses. So no, the maximum possible OD doesn't yield best results in terms of PP mapping, otherwise you'd see much more OD10 TV sizes. Most are OD8-9. A 85-90% play on OD10 is pretty worthless and a lot of players still struggle with OD10, especially on stream maps the higher OD is much more noticable.

I don't think, say, a OD12-11 Wind god girl would be the more desirable version vs the OD9 version for average players.

Even if it WERE the case, I don't see the issue. PP mappers will always try to maximum possible out of their maps. With adjustable OD however you can play the map however you like, practice higher OD easier, and have another reason to go back to your favourite maps that maybe you "can't" play now because you feel like you're wasting your effort still playing OD7.

I don't see the issue with adjustable OD. Whereas right now you have said issue of people reaching the skill-ceiling for accuracy on a lot of maps because they're gated by the maximum possible OD of 10.

Pretty sure CS does heavily affect the PP-gain since it's related to the spacing and available hit-area. Increasing the CS on regular stream maps would eventually turn them into spaced streams with a very small hit area, not mentioning the increased spacing between any note and jumps.
-Makishima S-

Momiji wrote:

I tried to edit mine too but meh

Sorry but in my opinion, additional pp from HD is perfectly fine.
Reading tech maps with HD is difficult anyway and every HD player who achieved level of being able to play maps like "Nhato - Magic" / "Camellia - Let's Jump" agree with this.

Why from other side don't fox pp formula and make it accuracy lead dependent instead of combo?
Why from other side don't cut this shitty pp mapping meta, get rid of half of monstrata maps etc?
Why don't just nerf cross screen jumps to give way less pp than it gives now?
etc.

Planty ways to balance this game but OP went for Hidden like it is a problem here.
N0thingSpecial

Skeletroll wrote:

Dude there is no perfect system, marathon pp is already a thing, butchering short songs only reinforce that, not that you know what marathon pp taste like
pandaBee

Yolshka wrote:

I'm heavily against it.

And od too.

and custom cs too btw.
By the way, freely adjustable AR would actually benefit EZ players since they don't earn pp at all for their plays vs. high AR aka HR players that do earn pp for theirs.

Also if more freely modifiable/adjustable parameters are an issue when it comes to competition or "as intended" play then you could always just set most of it as an unranked play if certain values are tweaked and so forth.
Fxjlk
OP is a troll, he has troll in his name, this is 100% proof he is a troll

B1rd wrote:

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Remove pp
^Also this. We cant hurt peoples feelings by showing their skill level by an arbitrary number. pp is 0% skill
Yolshka

Rayne wrote:

For the OD:
OD not only affects 300 timing, but also 100s 50s and misses. So no, the maximum possible OD doesn't yield best results in terms of PP mapping, otherwise you'd see much more OD10 TV sizes. Most are OD8-9. A 85-90% play on OD10 is pretty worthless and a lot of players still struggle with OD10, especially on stream maps the higher OD is much more noticable.

I don't think, say, a OD12-11 Wind god girl would be the more desirable version vs the OD9 version for average players.

Even if it WERE the case, I don't see the issue. PP mappers will always try to maximum possible out of their maps. With adjustable OD however you can play the map however you like, practice higher OD easier, and have another reason to go back to your favourite maps that maybe you "can't" play now because you feel like you're wasting your effort still playing OD7.

Well yeah the last would be pretty cool. Althugh i feel like mappers don't use od10 because it's not justified, other than really hard 7* maps, the ar=od formula is pretty hard to acc, if the od is higher then it's retarded, so right now the ar is usually higher.But od12 would kinda cool i guess.

Rayne wrote:

Pretty sure CS does heavily affect the PP-gain since it's related to the spacing and available hit-area. Increasing the CS on regular stream maps would eventually turn them into spaced streams with a very small hit area, not mentioning the increased spacing between any note and jumps.
Well you are right in that, but very high cs spaced anything is just absurd to actually hit, no one plays that, there only a couple people who can do that.
So for the skill required it gives very little pp, as opposed equally or higher spaced low circle size patterns.

Maybe I'm just expressing my distaste because it's a change , and every change is bad, always bad , very bad , as we all know.
But if it does get implemented I'm pretty sure I wouldn't really care, and enjoy it just as much.
E m i
od11 wind god girl? bring it... i only have a 97.88% hr score because i can't fc it again
Houtarou Oreki

Momiji wrote:

School doesn't suck. At least not for me. I'm really sorry if it sucked / sucks for you :(

Momiji wrote:

didn't show him that his post is bs because all you did was target his pp instead of his point lol

You are wrong. The quote below undoubtedly shows that I not only targeted his pp, but also that I attempted to prove that HD changes difficulty in more than 1% of all maps.

Houtarou Oreki wrote:

How about playing Ice Angel with HD and without HD.[...] Not just Ice Angel. It's definitely more than 1% of maps being harder with HD. Take any longer streams that are not so easy to follow, for example on SANTA SAN [X-Mas], and you'll find people failing at streams with HD, but doing them no-problem no-mod. Or even any DragonForce maps. Do you fucking see, that HD makes these more difficult?

Had fun arguing with you, but, sadly, you're out of any good arguments. Bye :'(

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Remove pp

There are people playing only for pp. If these points are removed, there's a possibility of lowering the number of players playing the game routinely. If that happens, it will result in less supporters being bought per day/month/whatever. If ppy cares about income or player-base playing the game, he wont do that, unless someone finds a good enough alternative to keep the player-base in place, or even make players that have quit come back.

[Taiga] wrote:

I tried to edit mine too but meh

Editing posts works on the new site (for example, this is edited in).
N0thingSpecial

Houtarou Oreki wrote:

he wont do that
/thread
-Makishima S-

As far as new portal is very good, new forum have too many issues. Starting from minor CSS and general code things, ending on VERY BIG issue which is infinite scrolling.

Sorry, I don't accept that my chrome on OT ITT topic at the end takes over 3gb of ram due infinite scrolling.
Houtarou Oreki

[Taiga] wrote:

As far as new portal is very good, new forum have too many issues. Starting from minor CSS and general code things, ending on VERY BIG issue which is infinite scrolling.

Sorry, I don't accept that my chrome on OT ITT topic at the end takes over 3gb of ram due infinite scrolling.
I agree completely. I don't even have 3gb of ram. Infinite scrolling shouldn't ever be invented I guess. It's not even practical, just a shiny not needed at all thing. I just informed that it's possible to edit posts there if someone really needs to.
E m i

Houtarou Oreki wrote:

You are wrong. The quote below undoubtedly shows that I not only targeted his pp, but also that I attempted to prove that HD changes difficulty in more than 1% of all maps.

Houtarou Oreki wrote:

How about playing Ice Angel with HD and without HD.[...] Not just Ice Angel. It's definitely more than 1% of maps being harder with HD. Take any longer streams that are not so easy to follow, for example on SANTA SAN [X-Mas], and you'll find people failing at streams with HD, but doing them no-problem no-mod. Or even any DragonForce maps. Do you fucking see, that HD makes these more difficult?
Had fun arguing with you, but, sadly, you're out of any good arguments. Bye :'(
Lol you just repeated the exact same thing that he said in his original post. I mean it does show that you tried?
OP: "only in spaced streams it increases difficulty" which i don't agree with even
You: (LITERALLY ALSO MENTIONS SPACED STREAMS)

In addition, his 99%/1% statement was just a vague estimation i would assume...

Houtarou Oreki wrote:

Momiji wrote:

School doesn't suck. At least not for me. I'm really sorry if it sucked / sucks for you :(
Omg that's actually super good :oops:
Houtarou Oreki

Momiji wrote:

OP: "only in spaced streams it increases difficulty" which i don't agree with even
You: (LITERALLY ALSO MENTIONS SPACED STREAMS)
XD I'm fucking dumb

but I'lltry to counter that anyway:

Momiji wrote:

In addition, his 99%/1% statement was just a vague estimation i would assume...
Well, I assumed he meant "99 out of 100" by 99%, and I wrote that it's definitely less than 99% of maps that don't change their difficulty after putting on HD.
SPOILER
omg
At first I wrote just about that, but later I kinda forgot what was my point and changed it to a more general sentence, so in the end I fucked up a little tiny fucking bit.

Momiji wrote:

Omg that's actually super good :oops:
Thanks!
E m i
ok forgive me :P
show more