forum

Hidden should not give any extra pp

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Skeletroll
The hidden mod is a VISION MOD that basically becomes a preference instead of a mod at AR greater than 9. It doesn't increase the difficulty of a beatmap 99% of a time (only in spaced streams it increases difficulty) yet it adds loads of PP. It is basically free PP. Players are basically forced to play with it or be heavily disadvantaged when it comes to ranks.
pandaBee
pls enjoy game
KupcaH
You're not forced to play this game

pandaBee wrote:

pls enjoy game
E m i
me: fuck hd
??: mad cuz u can't play it!!
me: no cuz if i could then i would still say fuck hd
95% hdhr better than hr ss! 8-)
Sandy Hoey
Hehe xD HD ez pp
repr1se
you try it then, show us noobs how easy it is
Topic Starter
Skeletroll

repr1se wrote:

I absolutely hate it though.
repr1se
but it's free pp according to you
KupcaH
o m g, free pp.. disgusting
E m i
If hidden's not disproportionately easy on average in relation to the PP it gives on average, then supplement that claim with an ascension to heaven HR SS 8-)
Topic Starter
Skeletroll

repr1se wrote:

It is. You know what else is free pp? 30 second farm maps yet many people don't play those because they don't find them fun. I don't find HD fun so I don't play it.
N0thingSpecial
AHHHHHHHHH fuck you're right I should probably wait until there's a fix for the PP system where HD is actually balanced, until then I'm just gonna sit on my ass and not play the game at all.
PinkNightmares
The double time mod is a SPEED MOD that basically becomes a preference instead of a mod at BPM lower than 200. It doesn't increase the difficulty of a beatmap 99% of a time (only in spaced streams it increases difficulty) yet it adds loads of PP. It is basically free PP. Players are basically forced to play with it or be heavily disadvantaged when it comes to ranks.
repr1se

Skeletroll wrote:

It is. You know what else is free pp? 30 second farm maps yet many people don't play those because they don't find them fun. I don't find HD fun so I don't play it.
so you're jealous that other players play HD and get extra pp but you don't
Topic Starter
Skeletroll

repr1se wrote:

Skeletroll wrote:

Yeah I actually am. That's why I posted this. Why should someone's 96% acc play be worth more than my 98% acc play?
Endaris
Because it is easier for you to do the 98% play than doing the 96% with HD.
Thirty30
dude just learn to read HD if it annoys you that much

hate it? play with it and get used to it

can't do that? whatever just pls enjoy game

kthxbai
pandaBee

Skeletroll wrote:

repr1se wrote:

If only I knew how to do HD, then I'd be rank 1 and senpai would finally notice me.
repr1se

Skeletroll wrote:

repr1se wrote:

Yeah I actually am. That's why I posted this. Why should someone's 96% acc play be worth more than my 98% acc play?
if you're a dog and you have to fetch a thrown ball, it takes some sort of skill

if you're a dog and you have to fetch a thrown ball blindfolded, it takes more skill
Topic Starter
Skeletroll
if you're a dog and you have to fetch a thrown ball, it takes some sort of skill. you get a treat from your master.

if you're a dog and you have to fetch a thrown ball, but close your eyes a half second before you pick it up, it takes some skill, arguably a tiny bit more than picking it up without closing your eyes. do you deserve three treats from your master as opposed to the one you would have normally gotten?
pandaBee

Skeletroll wrote:

if you're a dog and you have to fetch a thrown ball, it takes some sort of skill. you get a treat from your master.

if you're a dog and you have to fetch a thrown ball, but close your eyes a half second before you pick it up, it takes some skill, arguably a tiny bit more than picking it up without closing your eyes. do you deserve three treats from your master as opposed to the one you would have normally gotten?
If it's that easy, then do it. Who passes on free Peppy points?
Kondou-Shinichi
tbh i found HD super hard
Linck5
The guy has a reasonable concern and wants to start a discussion about it. Yet you guys keep bullying him just because everybody is doing it.
repr1se

Linck5 wrote:

The guy has a reasonable concern and wants to start a discussion about it. Yet you guys keep bullying him just because everybody is doing it.
but it's not reasonable... hidden obscures the player's vision (and visual timings) so hidden does make the map more difficult and should be worth more pp than a nomod play. there's no other way to look at it
E m i

repr1se wrote:

Linck5 wrote:

but it's not reasonable... hidden obscures the player's vision (and visual timings) so hidden does make the map more difficult and should be worth more pp than a nomod play. there's no other way to look at it
Yeah but where is your ascension to heaven HR SS (super related) to prove it

repr1se wrote:

(super related)

I don't even agree with him because my concern is that HD sometimes gives too little, sometimes gives too much 8-)

Endaris wrote:

Because it is easier for you to do the 98% play than doing the 96% with HD.
The 98% play gives more acc pp which is cool. But what if the 96% HD is the harder to acc score? Yeah, not taken into account with the weird flat 2% acc bonus! 8-)
The 96% HD play gives ~19.8% more aim pp which is cool. But what if it's harder to aim by an extent that is between 0.1% and 19.7%? 8-)

The 96% HD play is harder when taking all things into account!

But what if it isn't? 8-)

Or what if it gives 8% more PP but is actually 34% harder? :(
Barusamikosu
Hidden's extra PP is okay with me. What makes me sad is the amount of extra Score given to Hidden plays as bad acc FCs reduce the presence of high acc/SS Nomod/DT/HR scores on the leaderboards for individual maps.
N0thingSpecial

Skeletroll wrote:

I don't find HD fun so I don't play it.
You should’ve ended the discussion there, if your enjoyment comes from outranking your peers then get good at the game
show more