forum

How to learn no mod :/ ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[Momo]
Played for 3 years now and still complete dog shit at it rank 92k with 300 hrs + like 200 offline hrs (Traveling ect)

im pretty sure that 95% of my play time is me playing no mod but ive been stuck and not being able to fc a single no mod song around 4.5-5 stars sense i pretty much started playing this game i was able to play at the skill im playing now around 3-4 weeks after i started and at less than 3k pc but now im just stuck at a wall

It feels like i mostly struggle with reading full screen jumps sense i always miss time my clicks on them and i cant keep looking at the same circle eaither untill i click or or i will miss next one :/

and also im pretty shit at anything containing quick mini streams followed up by a jump

also before you say "If 95% of you pc is nomod why is all your top ranks dt" well all my top plays are usually done in a 1 hr or less dt session which i do almost newer unless im starting to drop to 6 digits
Topic Starter
[Momo]
im somewhat rhythm deaf to so im mostly looking for tips for to play around that

(I cant hear difference betwen high or low beats making a lot of maps cluster fucks for me so i have to purely rely on eyes and nothing else)
ManuelOsuPlayer
Play more, you have around 500 pc average at your play history.
Play longer maps and play them to the end instead retry. Your playcount it's really high compared to your time playing.
Play easier maps. You're not confortable at 4'5-5 down it to 3'5-4'5. That means play 3'5* maps not only 4'5*.
Get head sets to listen well the bass and follow the rhythm better and the hitsounds without care about keyboard sounds.
Check if your global offset it's fine. Maybe you can't follow the music due to bad offset.
deletemyaccount
all your problems can be solved with more play
Satsuki - desu
PLAY MORE...no i won't say that XD
for me the key to playing nomod is the song itself. actually just try to avoid playing too high diffs like 6* or something like that..5.1* is fine if there's a song in that diff level that u like most.

at first i suggest u just play any song you have interest with/like. that way you will most likely remember the song itself...i think with that the rhythm deaf is solved.

a way to know that you can play nomod reliably is when you can FC a certain difficulty in a certain mapset with little to no effort at all. if you still having difficulty doing that map then try to play that map again and again for a few days until u feel that you can do it reliably. PP should be...the last thing you want to think about if you want to be able to play nomod at first.

for the maps i suggest around 4.5* 1000 combo maps, and 5* TV sizes AR (Approach Rate) should be AR 9 at most, (don't overdo yourself trying to read AR9.5 or smthing, that kind of thing will only improve over time) ..of course it's the song of your liking.... and try not to play some rhythmic disaster song (LMAO) such as EDMs or any kind of electronic song, any of that rainbow stuffs so your sense can adapt.

ofc mastering nomod is diffrent from people to people, perhaps you are the same like me, who at first is just garbage at nomod and consistency, then the only way is to press the "~" key a lot...like seriously.. A LOT. and yeah....stop playing DT farm maps while you are at it XD srsly...it could destroy all your effort in learning nomod.
pandaBee
Have you tried more play?
Kondou-Shinichi

pandaBee wrote:

Have you tried more play?
he has higher playcount then me yet he’s like 3k pp less, thats a problem

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Play more, you have around 500 pc average at your play history.
Play longer maps and play them to the end instead retry. Your playcount it's really high compared to your time playing.
Play easier maps. You're not confortable at 4'5-5 down it to 3'5-4'5. That means play 3'5* maps not only 4'5*.
Get head sets to listen well the bass and follow the rhythm better and the hitsounds without care about keyboard sounds.
Check if your global offset it's fine. Maybe you can't follow the music due to bad offset.
some suggestion: if youre not comfortable with 4.5-5 try go for 6* and not fucking down it, its not any improvement
pandaBee
Protip: if a map is too hard for you, it's too hard for you and playing it won't necessarily make you much better in most aspects.