forum

Loved state beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nit0ri
is it ok to play beatmap in loved state if i want to progress at the game? I mean if there not ranked there must be a reason. Are they not going to teach me the wrong thing or something?

thanks for answering and sorry for my bad english. :)
pandaBee
Click the circles.
eyjafjallaaaaaa
Well, If anything they might even help you progress more than ranked maps.

Generally you improve when you play a lot. But you will improve faster by playing a lot of map of different style. Ranked maps just means they are mapped in a certain way that fits the ranking criteria but these days they are just bad excuse for people to put jump spam at the end of their 90 second anime opening so people can gain pp from it. Loved beatmap on the other hand, don't really fit these condition but people love it usually because they are unique, fun, gimmicky or just plain hard. So you will see what you don't normally see in ranked maps.

tbf it doesn't really matter if the map is ranked, loved or even unranked. As long as you play what you find hard (but not too hard) or challenging and always not afraid to try new things then you will improve.
KupcaH
yes, it's ok.
mulraf
it's the same as for ranked maps. depends on the map itself, not the category it's put into.
Nazzerin
Play Big Money with NoFail on (The Difficulty With 7*) and you'll see why some of them are not ranked... oh and btw only 23 people have passed that map without easy or half time
My Angel Jeremy
no lol
TeKett
sorry about necro

but when you start a loved state beatmap it says "this beatmap is in a loved state. no performance points will be awarded. leaderborads may be reset by the beatmap creator" the map i have was previously unranked for years which leads me to believe this is a way to get global ranks for a unranked song. since no pp are awarded they are as useless for overall account bragging rights as normal unranked songs are.
Wisoven
You can't progress. Loves beatmaps don't give you PP and also don't let you level up, as they don't meet fair ranking requirements for player convenience. But it's not fair at all that the ranking criteria is so strict.
lewski

Eveydude wrote:

You can't progress. Loves beatmaps don't give you PP and also don't let you level up, as they don't meet fair ranking requirements for player convenience. But it's not fair at all that the ranking criteria is so strict.

You can definitely progress; you can get better at the game without gaining PP or leveling up.

I don't really understand why you think it's unfair that maps have to be somewhat decent for them to get ranked. At least that's what I assume you mean by "ranking criteria" since the actual Ranking Criteria aren't strict at all.
Vuelo Eluko

lewski wrote:

Eveydude wrote:

You can definitely progress; you can get better at the game without gaining PP or leveling up.

I don't really understand why you think it's unfair that maps have to be somewhat decent for them to get ranked. At least that's what I assume you mean by "ranking criteria" since the actual Ranking Criteria aren't strict at all.
that's not what 'progression' means; if your pp isnt growing you are wasting your time flat out. Clicking the circles was fun up until i defeated the tutorial and cleared paul rosenthal liquid remix [easy] with 5 misses and a B, but after that I downed by Game Fuel® Mountain Dew™, put on my Gunnar® brand Gaming Glasses, put my bg dim to 300% causing the light around my monitor to be sucked into the void areas of my screen that weren't taken up by the insanely high contrast green and pink AR Optimized© skin I downloaded off of reddit, and aimed for the top of the rankings. Nothing else matters except that I become the next Cookez. This is what it means to play ous for a real professional Gamer such as myself.
DCTrain
Yes, Loved beatmaps are a amazing way to get a better fundamental understanding for the game mechanics of osu! as they normally dont fit the really strict ranking criteria so they normally have fun, unique patterns. but since they are loved that means they have been approved good maps which means they are mapped to the rythym correctly so it wont mess you up when you play ranked maps