forum

mouse dpi used by top level players?

posted
Total Posts
show more
hinamizawan
I'm no top player but most insane maps are possible to FC with 800 DPI. Also MX518 is a great mouse.
KirisameTempest
Meh I use 2500dpi and osu at 1.0x. Not shire what my windows is set to but as for MHz I use 1000 cuz I play shooter and such and never bothered to change my profile for osu. I use a razed naga. And on topic of what I can play, I can play insane but streams are still a pain also I just use mouse buttons for clicking, could never get the hang of using mouse + keyboard
Kubu
700 (or 800, idr) dpi and 1.0x at osu.
M i l o t i c
1600 dpi and 1.0x at osu!

i hear that increase mouse sensitivity in osu! will dicrease the accuracy on the mouse movement?
cococococo_old
how i see dpi?
M i l o t i c
is there any writeing on your mouse say any thing about dpi??
cococococo_old
no
M i l o t i c
the package from your mouse may say someing about your mouse's dpi

or

chack on internet wht is your mouse's dpi
Frizz
I can do jumps decently on insane maps. I'm using a Logitech M100. 1000 dpi mouse. Windows pointer speed at 11/11 with precision on. osu! sensitivity at 1.3x with precision off.

tbh it's pretty silly to think that copying a pro is the only way to be a pro. skills > everything
kriers

Frizz925 wrote:

I can do jumps decently on insane maps. I'm using a Logitech M100. 1000 dpi mouse. Windows pointer speed at 11/11 with precision on. osu! sensitivity at 1.3x with precision off.

tbh it's pretty silly to think that copying a pro is the only way to be a pro. skills > everything
Every pro has pretty much proved his play style worked well in the end. This doesn't mean it's not about preference, but as osu! has become a few years old, you can be sure that a lot of stuff have already been tried.

Interesting settings you've got there :?
xsrsbsns

Frizz925 wrote:

I'm using a Logitech M100. 1000 dpi mouse. Windows pointer speed at 11/11 with precision on. osu! sensitivity at 1.3x with precision off.
Wow somewhat similar.. :)

Razer DeathAdder with 900 dpi, windows 11/11 with precision on, osu! is at 1.0x with precision off.
Damonisch_old
Razer Naga 5600 DPI, 3 to 3.5 OSU sensetivity with Mouse Precision on, Max windows mouse settings. (Takes quite a bit to get used to for jumps and the like, but spinning is incredibly fast and so is clicking)
kriers
We are discussing dpi used by top level players. Don't randomly post settings, please.
gat1toneku

kriers wrote:

We are discussing dpi used by top level players. Don't randomly post settings, please.
it's ok if the player who posted it is pro
Topic Starter
Moment2Forever
I just wanted to give a big thank you to everyone that posted in this thread, as its been my guide for the passed few months in improving, I have practiced everyday and tried many different mouse settings, I started out at 4x sensitivity with precision on and 2400dpi and worked my way all the way down. I also didn't use the keyboard for hits.

My current settings are precision off in osu and windows, 6/11 sensitivity in windows, 1x in osu, and 800 mouse dpi
When I made this post I could barely play in normal mode, and now I can full combo hard songs and play insane songs.
I feel like this is where the real skill begins, and I don't have to worry about my equipment and keyboard holding me back.

I also think that if I had to give advice to anyone that's just starting out is make sure u have 6/11 sensitivity in windows, that is something I would have never figured out on my own, and also that precision mode has to be turned off if your going for a low dpi style

But thanks again everyone!
oh loving you
hey, what about mouse acceleration? i heard that turning it off would be good...
YodaSnipe
yep
Frizz

oh loving you wrote:

hey, what about mouse acceleration? i heard that turning it off would be good...
Mouse acceleration is bad. It makes your cursor tripping balls on quick movements. So yes, turning it off is good.
-Athena-

Frizz925 wrote:

oh loving you wrote:

Mouse acceleration is bad. It makes your cursor tripping balls on quick movements. So yes, turning it off is good.
^ this
basically low dpi (below 2000) is better
fine something that suits you
ziin
2000 dpi is painfully slow...

I use 4320 dpi.
emonite
Amazing...some people's mouse dpi is painfully slow (400 dpi) while some are ridiculously fast (4320 dpi,seriously?).400 dpi for me is seriously too slow and 3500 dpi is good for me when spinning ONLY.I'm not a pro so I won't post my mouse's dpi.
Frizz
800 dpi too mainstream
Xylem Beer
Well I'm not a top level player, but I use 3500DPI.
Pizzicato
doomsday uses 800dpi.
kriers
I feel I really don't care about dpi used by top players. :|

What's actually interesting to me, is the actual sensitivity that players use. For instance, how much do they have to move their mouse to reach each corner of the playfield?
Onozu
800dpi, 0.8x Sensitivity. Am i doing too slow?
kriers

0nozuka Komachi wrote:

Your settings would make my cursor fly into the corners of my screen
dudusek
400dpi ftw!
Mesita

kriers wrote:

0nozuka Komachi wrote:

depends on windows settings too.
emonite

dudusek wrote:

400dpi ftw!
So slow?How you all play...I really want to see it... :?
Jalatiphra
3,5k dpi * 1.0 osu * 1.0 windows * 1680/1050 @ full screen
Anzo

kriers wrote:

0nozuka Komachi wrote:

^same here, except if you're going to compensate with a higher resolution.
melenkurio
I don't really get why so many people are DPI whores. Really any top mouse player could just full combo most maps with a cheap 5$ mouse if he gets his sensitivity to the same level as before and some practise. Even some counterstrike progamers (where accuracy is even more important) Just use a mouse with under 600 dpi and it works perfectly fine. Equipment will never change how good you really are at the game.
-Athena-
As a mouse only player, I normally use a $5 mouse at home (yes really $5)
But after trying the game with a gaming mouse at my friend's house I must say what mattered wasn't the dpi, it was the er.. *clickability*
I no longer had to compress my mouse buttons with ten thousand tonnes of pressure to register a click and that really made a difference
Kanye West

oh loving you wrote:

It depends. I've always played with it on and when I turned it off, I started doing way worse
-Athena-
Give it some time. I took 2 days to get used to it, things went uphill from there
Ephemeral
back when i actually cared about my rank, i used to have my mouse set to 600 dpi and i would adjust my ingame sensitivity by +/- 0.2 depending on the type of map i was playing.

the mouse used doesn't really matter as long as you are comfortable clicking with it often enough, even if you use the keyboard. i found a great way of increasing your accuracy was to play with just the mouse since clicking often shifted the mouse slightly, causing you to aim dead-center instead of at the outer edge. once you get used to that and switch back to the keyboard, your accuracy goes through the roof.

well, at least it did for me.
kriers

Ephemeral wrote:

back when i actually cared about my rank, i used to have my mouse set to 600 dpi and i would adjust my ingame sensitivity by +/- 0.2 depending on the type of map i was playing.

the mouse used doesn't really matter as long as you are comfortable clicking with it often enough, even if you use the keyboard. i found a great way of increasing your accuracy was to play with just the mouse since clicking often shifted the mouse slightly, causing you to aim dead-center instead of at the outer edge. once you get used to that and switch back to the keyboard, your accuracy goes through the roof.

well, at least it did for me.
You haven't played much for eons! You should totally try out this game again. It is a good game after all ;p
ziin

kriers wrote:

I feel I really don't care about dpi used by top players. :|

What's actually interesting to me, is the actual sensitivity that players use. For instance, how much do they have to move their mouse to reach each corner of the playfield?
I move less than 1 cm. That being said, I find that changing my dpi down from 4k+ to less than 1000 has a minimal effect. I'm without a doubt better with 4k dpi, but there is likely merit in using a lower dpi. For example, I can't use mouse buttons on 4k dpi because it's impossible to do so without moving the mouse off the cursor. However, spinning is much harder on a low dpi.

emonite wrote:

dudusek wrote:

400dpi ftw!
So slow?How you all play...I really want to see it... :?

IMO this is far too low. If you can't do a 720 moving from one end of the mousepad to the other, it's not usable. This sort of gameplay also makes the MX518 a shitty mouse since it has pointer acceleration and line snapping. I'm unsure if it happens at 400 dpi, but it definitely does at lower values. That's what makes the intellimouse so good for these sorts of players.
kriers

ziin wrote:

I move less than 1 cm. That being said, I find that changing my dpi down from 4k+ to less than 1000 has a minimal effect. I'm without a doubt better with 4k dpi, but there is likely merit in using a lower dpi. For example, I can't use mouse buttons on 4k dpi because it's impossible to do so without moving the mouse off the cursor. However, spinning is much harder on a low dpi.
I move more than 7 cm, and yeah, I do this because I'm a clicker. Even so, I find spinning with low dpi so much easier thanks to
the extra control I gain.
show more