forum

What tablet area do you use?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
WhyNotTakeTheL
My Huion H420 which is my first tablet recently arrived and I'm trying to get an idea of the tablet area I like. So (especially to those with H420s as well), what tablet area do you use? Also, what tablet area do famous players like BeastTrollMC and Cookiezi use so I can get an idea for that as well? Finally, before you comment, "Play more and use what's comfortable for you," I already know that, I just want to field some answers about what other people use.

P.S. Do you hover or drag?
Death
Moved to Gameplay & Rankings.
repr1se

WhyNotTakeTheL wrote:

before you comment, "Play more and use what's comfortable for you," I already know that, I just want to field some answers about what other people use.

P.S. Do you hover or drag?
good so you know what to do

the majority of high ranking players use an area that's smaller than full for obvious reasons, vaxei uses a small af area, i don't know if it's still up on his profile

mine is in sig, and i drag
TheDark600
I personally use a small tablet area and hover, but it's just preference, you can use what you want

When i first got it i played with the area for like an hour to find what was coomfortable for me and used a similar sensitivity to my mouse one
Yurumo
When I used a H420 I used full area and dragged.
People often say that you should use the biggest area you feel comfortable with, and I agree.

I use this now:
Top:0 Bottom:6000 Left:4500 Right:15200
eyjafjallaaaaaa
I use full area and drag for stability.

Small vs Big area is all about trading precision for speed and vice versa. If your tablet area complements one then you need to work on the other. imo aiming for small circles is much harder so I just go full area and work on my speed. Now I just swing my pen in the general direction of a circle and I'll magically hit it. Even if it feels really off and uncomfortable on certain angle and having to adjust grip sometimes.

Dare I say that if I still use the 1/4 area I thought were "comfortable" last year or so I won't get half of the play I made.
pandaBee
Use as big of an area as you can comfortably use. Force proportions is nice. I'm full area with a ctl 480.
Rynnavinx
beasttroll: https://imgur.com/WyYdiZH
cookiezi: https://puu.sh/nHQIJ/50aa604f03.jpg (from his twitch, so might be outdated)

I personally use a medium-small effective tablet area of 3.43in x 1.93in (Its actually 3.81in x 2.14in, but I use a osu resolution smaller than my screen resolution). I would use a larger area, but my grip doesn't let me go much bigger. I do a combination of hovering and tapping with my pen.

But yeah, just use a comfortable tablet area that is as large as your grip allows