forum

2012 Taiko World Cup (11th Feb ~ 1st Apr)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Backfire
Yusss...We made it ;u;
Shiro
Excuse me. How can a ratio between two positive numbers be negative ?
Loctav
I'll recheck and fix all stats, do the overview and broadcast mappack in a few hours. Please be patient, still at work.
Congratulations to everyone who proceeded.

Keep in mind, that you need to win 4 games to win the match, unless the group stage (where you only needed 3 wins)

EDIT:

Graphical overview for knockout stage added
Mappack for Round 2 announced. Please refer to the corresponding post.
anongos
Schedule for week 5:
SPOILER

These schedules are outdated.
Previous changes:
switched Loctav and Odaril's match assignment.
EDIT:

Changes: Spain and Germany B's match has been moved to 10 March 10:00 UTC and Korea A and China's match has been moved to 11 March 07:00 UTC
Each time slot has been expanded by 30 minutes.
MMzz

lepidopodus wrote:

2 vs 2 again? This is outrageous. Currently considering certain disadvantages to teams that gave reason to 2vs2 and ascended to rounds of 16.

Just a question, what is so bad about 2v2 anyways?
anongos
New schedule:

Changes:
GR B/ES match moved to 11:00 UTC. PH/HK A match moved to 09:30 UTC.
Topic Starter
lepidopodus
@MMzz: Simple. If you have a 4 different digits and you need to make higher average with certain number of those digits, which way is easier? 2, or 3? Especially you have 2 big digits and 2 small digits...

The basis is 3 vs 3 and 2 vs 2 is variant. At least there isn't any guys made open complaint, but what if some players think they got disadvantages due to this variant form of match? The most fair situation is giving exact same settings for every matches, and variant such as 2 vs 2 isn't good for that.

EDIT:
A bit fix of rules and match instruction. From semi-final round you need to win 5 games first. (Previously if was only for final round.)
(Not affect to this round, of course.)
AngelusMist
OMG :O
HongKong :O :O :O :O
PRO. T^T
Topic Starter
lepidopodus
Uh, wait loctav, didn't you mean inner Oni of seirogan instead of Oni? Oni had some kind of critical issue so there is TWC ver., but inner oni was ok so there was no need to have TWC ver., that is why there isn't TWC ver. in inner oni.
Loctav

lepidopodus wrote:

Uh, wait loctav, didn't you mean inner Oni of seirogan instead of Oni? Oni had some kind of critical issue so there is TWC ver., but inner oni was ok so there was no need to have TWC ver., that is why there isn't TWC ver. in inner oni.
Oh yes. Inner Oni. I'll fix this. Lol. Sorry
matthewhln
TWC Round 1-4

Hong Kong B vs Taiwan A:
http://www.justin.tv/matthewhln/b/310447120 (10:15 - 28:33)

Germany B vs Poland:
http://www.justin.tv/matthewhln/b/310451560 (10:20 - 28:46)

Japan A vs Taiwan B:
http://www.justin.tv/matthewhln/b/310454548 (16:07 - 27:55)

Chile vs Philippines:
http://www.justin.tv/matthewhln/b/310461102 (14:02 - 31:11)

France vs Unite States B:
http://zh-tw.justin.tv/matthewhln/b/310498887 (05:51 - 31:10) (First game warm up)

Chinese vs Korea B:
http://www.justin.tv/matthewhln/b/310542952 (03:43 - end)

Canada vs Japan B:
http://www.justin.tv/matthewhln/b/310549182 (06:26 - end)

Austria vs Korea A:
http://www.justin.tv/matthewhln/b/310564140 (04:55 - 17:28)

Italy-Netherlands vs Spain:
http://www.justin.tv/matthewhln/b/310579352 (18:31 - 35:12) (First game warm up) (CARRI should be charly kempachi)

Last week:
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=66910&p=1353089#p1353089
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=66910&p=1356136#p1356136

PS: Sorry for the serious lag in some of the match

EDIT(2012-3-6) : Added France vs US B
charly kempachi
Omg, I have to make a comment. It isn't really important, but in the match between Spain and Italy-Netherlands CARRI didn't play. Indeed, it was me xD
I've seen in the video that his name was showed instead of mine. I think it may be a kind of bug, and I like to make a clarification xD
matthewhln

charly kempachi wrote:

Omg, I have to make a comment. It isn't really important, but in the match between Spain and Italy-Netherlands CARRI didn't play. Indeed, it was me xD
I've seen in the video that his name was showed instead of mine. I think it may be a kind of bug, and I like to make a clarification xD
I am sorry orz
Locher
Well, it's kinda hard to watch on 50' television with my whole family but the lag can't be helped, thanks for the service nevertheless!^^'''''

Edit: Last match , Poland against GermanB, players were Xayphon and BrokenArrow, Slih had a pause in Atoguru ;P
MMzz

lepidopodus wrote:

Why can't we play the real version of seirogan.
Topic Starter
lepidopodus
@^: You mean the one from Taikojiro or something?
MMzz

lepidopodus wrote:

@^: You mean the one from Taikojiro or something?
Yes, the original Hell Oni from taikojiro, Not like your's isn't fun.
I just think the original would make more sense, plus it's harder :3
matthewhln

Locher wrote:

Well, it's kinda hard to watch on 50' television with my whole family but the lag can't be helped, thanks for the service nevertheless!^^'''''

Edit: Last match , Poland against GermanB, players were Xayphon and BrokenArrow, Slih had a pause in Atoguru ;P
I believe I did nothing wrong on that game expect I haven't type his name in upper letter ;p
wmfchris

rocks.
Xay
Nice video :3
Topic Starter
lepidopodus
I still didn't decide which profile badge to give #1 team lololol

Kinomicandy's:

MMzz's:

Loctav's:

Which one do you prefer, or is there anything new suggestions about profile badge?
Firce777

lepidopodus wrote:

I still didn't decide which profile badge to give #1 team lololol

Kinomicandy's:

MMzz's:

Loctav's:

Which one do you prefer, or is there anything new suggestions about profile badge?
i like MMzz's =w=
Slih
loctavs banner ftw
Sander-Don
MMzz's, because it looks similar to the first badge.
NeoRainier

Slih wrote:

loctavs banner ftw
maybe we need a side poll?
matthewhln
I like Loctav's one
Kinomicandy's is cool too
MMzz's one is not bad, but I simply don't like kat enough lol
Sander-Don

matthewhln wrote:

I simply don't like kat enough lol
He's used to it xD
MMzz
I thought you were gonna use mine? lol
Seems logical, and next year I can make a mekadon one : D (and then mekakatsu)
KinomiCandy

Sander-Don wrote:

MMzz's, because it looks similar to the first badge.
yah

2 min of creative work i did
anongos
Katsu is treated like Luigi... I like Katsu.
Sadface.jpg

And yeah, I prefer MMzz's because it matches the first badge.
AngelusMist
there was a conflict between HK A and PH schedule T^T.
anongos
What exactly is the conflict?

New schedule:

Changes:
TW B/ FR switched from 11-March to 10-March 12:00 UTC.

*Match times are subject to change.
OnosakiHito
Let's wait for Loctavs another year? It's pretty special and don't need to be used for the second one allready.
Kinomis is pretty nice, normaly I would be for this one, but we had don-chan allready last year.

So let's take MMzz, because of katsu-chan.
But please, make the quality a bit better. :I
anongos
Even newer schedule:

Changes:
PH/HK A moved to 10-March 13:30 UTC
GR A/JP B moved to 10-March 09:30 UTC

*Match time subject to change
Zekira
WHAT oh well

I'll try my best to arrive at the time then
anongos

Zekira wrote:

WHAT oh well

I'll try my best to arrive at the time then
Did Angelusmist not tell you about the time change?
Backfire
I'm not really sure if I can play on sunday. We can't make it the earliest match? I am being forced to "go on vacation" on spring break.
anongos
Then please talk to the team you're playing against first. I won't accept any changes until you reach an agreement with them.
Topic Starter
lepidopodus
It's already Thursday/Friday, and you want to change schedule in weekend? Conversation between international players are really slow since there are various time zones... :S

I guess some teams might be dropped out due to scheduling. There has been some teams having trouble with match schedule and this isn't strange at all, to be honest.

I don't blame you guys about not participating the tournament due to real world reason cause real world is much more important, but even if this tournament is for fun we are pouring quite lots of our time, so please show us some effort to properly participate this TWC.

Oh, and no penalties for 2 vs 2 matches in previous rounds. I changed my mind. But don't forget, if your team can't gather 3 players in time, your team will be kicked out from knock-out stage.

EDIT:
@anongos: As I said before, if schedule overlapping isn't avoidable, just make them overlapped... I hope we can manage that properly.
anongos
So two matches going on at once is fine? Okay then.

And so far, the ones left who want a schedule change are KR A/CH, US B/TW A, and ES/GR B. I can make changes to two of them already.
show more