forum

| mint! [Updated to Vers. 1.3.4!]

posted
Total Posts

A Mode skin is going to be worked on next year, which one should I make first?

CTB
25.30%
Mania
63.25%
Taiko
11.45%
Total votes: 332
Topic Starter
Quickstarter

My very first skin inspired by Garin's "YUGEN" and Fatal3ty's "Clear Skin Ultra". Features Mint and Material Grey for simplicity.

Please keep in mind that mint! is only available for osu!standard. Taiko, CTB, and Mania are unavailable for now and will be worked on in the future.

mint! is only supported in 16:9. (Hopefully 16:10, since I don't have a 16:10 widescreen monitor!) Unfortunately, 4:3 will break the skin. A 4:3 version of the skin will be developed in future updates.

Found something unusual with the skin or encountered some weird problem? PM me and I'll try to fix it!

Some of the screenshots are outdated, will replace them in my free time!

SPOILER
Beatmap List

Ranking Panel

In-game

Mods Screen

Spinner

Pause / Fail Screen

Options

Modes Selection

SPOILER
None at the moment. :(

SPOILER
[11/25/2017]
• Released | mint! [Vers. 1.1] with a few placeholder assets.

[11/26/2017]
• Released | mint! [Vers. 1.2]
• Removed placeholder assets
• Removed Modes icons and replaced them with the default
• Added selection-mod-scorev2, as suggested by Fatal3ty
• Replaced menu-back with a fresh minty color
• Fixed skins.ini
• Fixed spinner-circle@2x having a fainted outline, as reported by Boaring
• Replaced the input-overlay keys with a new one
• Removed input-overlay background
• Extended ranking-panel to fit 10-digit scores and 4-digit Gekis and Misses, as suggested by Boaring

[11/30/2017]
• Released | mint! [Vers. 1.3]
• Added new Modes selection icons
• Fixed Input Overlay keys numbers being hidden when using 100% dim
• Fixed cursor smoke
• Added button backgrounds for Options
• Replaced old menu-button-background with a new glassy look
• Replaced pause-overlay and fail-background with a more minimal look
• Replaced spinner-approachcircle to fit the mint aesthetic
• Added a temporary menu-background (Only for osu!supporters)

[12/7/17]
• Released | mint! [Vers. 1.3.1]
• Removed follow points
• Replaced old skip button (Old skip button can still be accessed in Alternatives folder)
• Replaced menuhit
• Replaced all ranking letters

[1/3/18]
• Released | mint! [Vers. 1.3.2]
• Changed ranking-panel to a more dynamic design
• Changed pause-continue, pause-replay, pause-retry, and pause-back
• Replaced the old menu-button-background with a flat design
• Changed ranking-graph to fit with the new ranking-panel
• Added an Alternative to the pause buttons (Named Weeaboo Pause Buttons)
• Replaced combo-# and combo-x font
• Replaced the slider-followcircle
• Replaced the old reverse arrow with an easy-to-read version
• Replaced slider-scorepoint with a smaller one

[1/6/18]
• Released | mint! [Vers. 1.3.3]
• Replaced Ranking letters and added a slight glow
• Fixed reverse-arrow for being too small, as suggested by Boaring
• Fixed slidercircleoverlay for being too big compared to the hitcircleoverlay, as reported by Boaring
• Replaced applause
• Fixed hits and added a slight glow
• Fixed menu-button-background for having a small space in the tabs, as reported by Boaring
• Fixed score-5 for having the wrong dimensions, as reported by Boaring
• Added score-comma for players from different regions that uses this annoying symbol
• Fixed score numbers and symbols for being nearly invisible in beatmaps with light colored backgrounds when playing in 0% dim, as reported by Boaring
• Added scoreentry numbers and symbols, as suggested by RockRoller
• Replaced old play-skip to match the pause buttons
• Fixed menu-background for not displaying in the menu, as reported by RockRoller
• Fixed all mod icons for being unreadable, as reported by Boaring
• Removed default inputoverlay-background, as reported by Boaring
• Replaced selection-mods, selection-options, and selection-random
• Fixed selection-mode for not being aligned properly, as reported by RockRoller

[1/7/18]
• Released | mint! [Vers. 1.3.4]
• Readded sliderb0 for accidentally removing it
• Fixed ranking-graph for being too large, as pointed out by Boaring
• Fixed slidercircleoverlay again
• Added followpoints (Credits to Boaring for helping me with the skin!), accessible in the Alternatives folder

Everything is done by me. (Except for the sounds, taken from Garin's YUGEN and Fatal3ty's Clear Ultra Skin, Applause by DOMINANT Music on Soundcloud, followpoint made by Boaring.
Lyawi
Looks cool and clean, good skins you got inspired of. Are the selection things also made by yourself?
Fatal3ty
You make a new skin and why is scorev2 not skinned? (Is called selection-mod-scorev2.png / selection-mod-scorev2@2x.png) :D
my name is hi

Fatal3ty wrote:

You make a new skin and why is scorev2 not skinned? (Is called selection-mod-scorev2.png / selection-mod-scorev2@2x.png) :D
He used another skin as a base so that he wouldn't have to worry about missing something. Looks like he still did though :/

Personally, I'm not a fan of empty hitcircles, but the skin reads fine so I won't complain. Other than that, the mode icons need skinning (as in please don't use YUGEN's mode icons) and V2 could use some love, too. The beatmap options could use that treatment as well.
The back button, while it's animation is nice and fluid, is too different from the rest of the mint aesthetic imo. The "Menu" text is also kinda misleading but that's not biggie.
A lot of assets in your ranking screen has weird white outlines (see an example below)
The spinners have the same issue.

(A good way to fix these issues is to clean up the files properly and add a 1px glow/shadow on the assets.)

Furthermore, the ranking graph isn't aligned with the end of the ranking panel and the said ranking panel doesn't support 10 digits scores or higher counts of 300g, 100k and misses.

Also, the smoke is directly imported from YUGEN as well as a few other assets that you forgot to delete. You may want to fix that.

Say for these few issues, I like most of the skin! Please note that you can also skin the menu bottom bar/top bar and that, at least for the blue lines, skinning them will look better.
Topic Starter
Quickstarter

Lyawi wrote:

Looks cool and clean, good skins you got inspired of. Are the selection things also made by yourself?
Most of the selections, yes.

Fatal3ty wrote:

Selection-mod-scorev2 has been added to Vers. 1.2, thanks for the suggestion!

[Warning for incredibly long quote]
SPOILER

Boaring wrote:

Fatal3ty wrote:

He used another skin as a base so that he wouldn't have to worry about missing something. Looks like he still did though :/

Personally, I'm not a fan of empty hitcircles, but the skin reads fine so I won't complain. Other than that, the mode icons need skinning (as in please don't use YUGEN's mode icons) and V2 could use some love, too. The beatmap options could use that treatment as well.
The back button, while it's animation is nice and fluid, is too different from the rest of the mint aesthetic imo. The "Menu" text is also kinda misleading but that's not biggie.
A lot of assets in your ranking screen has weird white outlines (see an example below)

The spinners have the same issue.

(A good way to fix these issues is to clean up the files properly and add a 1px glow/shadow on the assets.)

Furthermore, the ranking graph isn't aligned with the end of the ranking panel and the said ranking panel doesn't support 10 digits scores or higher counts of 300g, 100k and misses.

Also, the smoke is directly imported from YUGEN as well as a few other assets that you forgot to delete. You may want to fix that.

Say for these few issues, I like most of the skin! Please note that you can also skin the menu bottom bar/top bar and that, at least for the blue lines, skinning them will look better.

Thanks for the feedback, Boaring! These issues will be fixed every update, and updates will release every 3-4 days.
As of Update 1.2, I fixed the menu-back's color and the text, replaced the modes icons and selections, extended the ranking-panel to finally fit those 10-digit scores and 4-digit Gekis and misses. The white outlines though, aren't fixed yet. I'm working on it and will be released somewhere next week!
Arkonite
This is so clean! My new fav skin. :D
Topic Starter
Quickstarter

Arkonite wrote:

This is so clean! My new fav skin. :D
Thank you! Enjoy the skin :D
oniebancale
bad skin dont use (jk)
Sakujitsu
Nice skin!